The Student Room Group

How do girls let guys know that they like them? FINALLY IT SHALL BE REVEALED...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Why are people saying "smiling" and "eye contact"? Those are things I do with everyone​!

I know, Jesus. People call me flirty all the time just because I'm friendly with everyone!
Reply 21
Original post by redferry
I know, Jesus. People call me flirty all the time just because I'm friendly with everyone!

I get called rude if I don't be friendly
Original post by redferry

Guess I'll just go back to staring blankly at the floor from now on, lest anyone think I want to give them a good seeing to.
We don't chase men (at least most of us). We expect them to make the first move, so if they make the effort and I like them, I'll reward them for their time.

If they really expect that we will make the first move, well, think again. So approach us and know for sure or try to speculate whether we like you or not, while we eventually move on with someone else.

Just my two cents/pennies.
Reply 24
Original post by jay2013
See the below comment:

Perfect
Reply 25
Why are people saying "smiling" and "eye contact"? Those are things I do with everyone​!

Haha, agreed so what do you suggest?
Reply 26
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
1. Body language
2. She dances with him
3. Depends on the circumstance
4. She talks to him
5. She tries to get others to tell him
6. Escalating flirty talk
7. No Idea :lol:

Ring pretty true? :h:

Rings true bro.

I wish 4. happened more often!

7. Silence will fall

For the bar, imagine, one's at the table and another at the barstand or alternatively you are both at different tables.
Reply 27
Original post by JulietheCat
We don't chase men (at least most of us). We expect them to make the first move, so if they make the effort and I like them, I'll reward them for their time.

If they really expect that we will make the first move, well, think again. So approach us and know for sure or try to speculate whether we like you or not, while we eventually move on with someone else.

Fair point.

I've genuinely never been with a girl like this. I would have respect issues with them from the start. I wait for the woman to make their move if they want to, not because I'm arrogant (far from it) but because I know I would look down on someone who expected to just sit around and have nice things happen to them. :redface:
Guess I'll just go back to staring blankly at the floor from now on, lest anyone think I want to give them a good seeing to.

Your signature makes me think you're overtly hitting on me every time I see you post. :fyi:

Too much eye contact not to be.
Reply 30
I've genuinely never been with a girl like this. I would have respect issues with them from the start. I wait for the woman to make their move if they want to, not because I'm arrogant (far from it) but because I know I would look down on someone who expected to just sit around and have nice things happen to them. :redface:

Also a fair point!

What if both people like each other, and are too nervous to say hi?

Everyone needs to have a wingman/wingwoman to nudge them and make the match meant to be happen.

So you want to be treated like a queen, placed on a pedestal by all men?
Original post by pshah2
Also a fair point!

What if both people like each other, and are too nervous to say hi?

Everyone needs to have a wingman/wingwoman to nudge them and make the match meant to be happen.

You have to make the move then.
Your signature makes me think you're overtly hitting on me every time I see you post. :fyi:

Too much eye contact not to be.

Is it working?
Reply 34
Original post by jay2013
You have to make the move then.

I do... and that's when unfortunately she was looking at someone behind me haha

But nothing ventured nothing gained... better to have loved and lost as they say.
Reply 35
Original post by jay2013
Eye contact, laughing at your jokes (especially if your jokes are not funny), playful teasing etc etc.

Definitely not this, plenty of chicks laugh at my **** jokes and make eye contact, I know they're into me :frown:

#ForeverAlone

I'd say you can tell a girl is interested if they make unnecessary conversation with you.
Is it working?

I'm too frightened to make a move, your current man might maths me if I do :getmecoat:
I'm too frightened to make a move, your current man might maths me if I do :getmecoat:

It's cool, we're in separate countries right now :colone:
Is it really still a thing that girls always wait for the guy?
To get with my boyfriend who I've been with over 2 years I was the one who told him I liked him (I was drunk mind, but I still went ahead and did it) I asked if we could start seeing each other, then after a month I asked if he wanted me to be his girlfriend
I literally just went ahead and did it, no games or hinting. If you want something just ask for it, it actually works alot of the time, within reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pshah2
Fair point.

Glad you agree. :smile:

Original post by jay2013
So you want to be treated like a queen, placed on a pedestal by all men?

It's not that I want to be put on a pedestal by all men or expect nice things to happen to me. Relationships aren't a priority for me - making something of myself is. If someone makes the first move and I like them, then I'd definitely consider them. I don't like using my precious energy on speculating whether Guy In the Raincoat or Mohawk Dude fancies me. If they're interested in me, genuinely, they should definitely approach me. I won't bite, neither would most other girls, as long as you don't use stupid chat up lines like my "My p***** is Dublin".

Quick Reply

Latest