The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Any questions about University of Bedfordshire - Bedford Campus?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShanaE
Haha yeah I was exactly the same!!

Glad I could help answer some of your questions :smile:. If you have any more over the course of the summer, do let me know and I will do my best to answer them :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy! Sorry to ask another question lol I was just wondering as you said some of your friends do early years how many hours it is a week and also if it is every day or just a couple of days a week? I'm trying to work out whether I should stay at my job current and work a little around uni or whether to just find a completely new part time one. Thank you :smile: x
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Charlotteyy
Heyy! Sorry to ask another question lol I was just wondering as you said some of your friends do early years how many hours it is a week and also if it is every day or just a couple of days a week? I'm trying to work out whether I should stay at my job current and work a little around uni or whether to just find a completely new part time one. Thank you :smile: x

Hiya, haha no worries :smile:.

My friend said that it in her first year, the course was a total of 12 hours a week, over a course of 4 days. No matter what your course is, you should get at least 1 day off :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShanaE

My friend said that it in her first year, the course was a total of 12 hours a week, over a course of 4 days. No matter what your course is, you should get at least 1 day off :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello thank you for replying! That's great, thank you very much :smile: x
Original post by ShanaE
Hiya, I'm afraid I'm at the bedford campus, and don't really know too much about Luton, sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I was studying my 1st year at Bedford campus, but it was a bit boring tbh. how is it now ?
Original post by calvs001
I'm beginning my UCAS application to study Primary Education in September 2015 and am actually getting relly excited about it but also a tad confused and need a litte guidance - so far I have found a course that has enticed me extremely well! A 4 year MA(HONS) at the University of Dundee - this was very risky looking into it as It is in scotland therefore strolling a bit outside of my comfort zone as I live not far from London.

My next course I was looking at was the safer one; Oxford Brookes, purely cause I love the city and that my older sister went there and was employed straight away during her last year.

However, when comparing the two courses the one at Dundee makes me most excited as it opens up my job oppurtunities massively; a 4 year course which equips you to study primary education from nursery years ( 3 years old) all the way up to the end of primary school ( 12 years old).

But still I struggle over a few issues like how risky is it to apply for a scottish Uni when I know nothing about it other than it's hilly and has an awesome edinburgh festival. Also what is the difference between a BA(HONS) and an MA(HONS); I know that the MA(HONS) has something to do with master of the arts? is that more prestigious than the BA(HONS), despite them both having the same entry requirements grade wise?

Thanks guys! hope you can help - help would be much appreciated!!!
cheers, Seb

No difference, Scottish undergraduate degrees are called MA's but they are equivalent to BA's
Reply 25
Are the people there optimistic about going out of luton for nights out or is it really really tightly budgeted
Original post by ShanaE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hellooo sorry it's me again! Haha this is my last question...I hope lol! I was just wondering if you know if early years education has any work placements and how long they are? I've been offered a job but now panicking a little as if there is work placements it may not be possible to work then. Thank you again for your help! X
Reply 27
Hellooo sorry it's me again! Haha this is my last question...I hope lol! I was just wondering if you know if early years education has any work placements and how long they are? I've been offered a job but now panicking a little as if there is work placements it may not be possible to work then. Thank you again for your help! X

Hiya :smile:. There weren't any compulsory work experience to be done, but in their last few assignments, they had to go into schools/pre-schools to do observations, but they were only for a morning or two... But it might change this year, you never know :smile:. Hope this helps ! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShanaE
Hiya :smile:. There weren't any compulsory work experience to be done, but in their last few assignments, they had to go into schools/pre-schools to do observations, but they were only for a morning or two... But it might change this year, you never know :smile:. Hope this helps ! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello that's great thank you very much :smile: I didn't think there was work placements as I never read anything about them but just thought i would check. Thank you very much for your help again you have been a great help I really appreciate it :smile: x
Reply 29
Hello that's great thank you very much :smile: I didn't think there was work placements as I never read anything about them but just thought i would check. Thank you very much for your help again you have been a great help I really appreciate it :smile: x

Aw bless ya, you're welcome! If you have any more questions I'll be more than happy to answer them :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Hey guys we've just set up a facebook group for Bedfordshire for everyone to join and get the conversation going.
Join here: http://tiny.cc/xjwxix
We'll also be posting a competition on there and all of our Freshers week events!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending