The Student Room Group

Guys : Would you be in relationship with a girl that has a child?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Is she another the world owes her and some are beneath her?

Doubt that it would be a no!

World owes her? No.

Some beneath her? Some might be but everyone will be beneath her brat. Heard of MCF? Yah it stands for My Child First and that is what she has been about.

Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Based on that there would be several things I would be concerned about. And no the child wouldn't be one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would be the concern then?

Original post by Trip506
No

Why didnt you just make this a poll?

I was going to but by mistake ticked the anon.

Original post by yo radical one
Nope

Also, how do you get a 2:1 in attractiveness? :curious:

As attraction is subjective therefore 2:1 in attractiveness is open to however you want to interpret it.

I'm sure you would be the first one to say yes after she buys you a couple of nice stuff :smile:

Original post by Holby_fanatic
Get off your arse and get a job. Use the money you spend on designer labels to set up your son with good funds for education, etc. Be a good role model for your son.

You sound stupid and if I was a guy I wouldn't want to date you.

Where does it state she doesn't have a job?

Also why the angst?

I must admit I do agree with this

As someone who said no, I do think most guys secretly would say yes. Most people saying no, are probably afraid the woman would end up taking more money than she puts in, but with the exception of medical students, few people on here will ever in their entire lives earn 120k per year.

You included presumably? :biggrin:

I doubt 90% of med students today would ever see an income that is equivalent to 120k per annum in their lifetime.

Original post by Aisha~~
No. Nope. Nah. Negatory. Never. The kid is bad enough. The person sounds worse.

How exactly is that worse?

Original post by Tom_green_day
You say all that but use the word 'girl', so assuming young.
Hell no.

She is 24
Aye well no. Forget!
Reply 22
Nope

Also, how do you get a 2:1 in attractiveness? :curious:

Bearing in mind this is TSR, probably by trying really, really hard but having a whole load of personal circumstances go against you.
Yep.....I don't really have a problem with it.
1) She isn't your usual chav type, she is quite wealthy and on average can bring home £120k per year after taxes without even lifting a single finger.

How?
No.
Tbh the kid isn't even the problem in this situation

Btw, why are you anon?

Check out TSR Movie Madness
(edited 9 years ago)
1) You didn't say anything about her personality or why you like her as a person. The only advantages you listed were money related, you sound like a major gold-digger using money as a means of making up for the fact that she has a baby. You shallow, shallow person.

2) So what if she has a kid whose dad is no longer in the picture? I'm sure it would be different if the dad were still alive but there is no risk in you losing out in any way possible.

3) Rating a person as a 2:1 what a ****ing arrogant cretin you are.

Sounds like you don't even deserve this woman to be honest, and you're definitely not mature enough to be with anyone with a kid so do us all a favour and grow up, get your own job and start earning your own money.
Reply 28
I don't think I'd want to be with a guy who's got kids, my siblings and I weren't very fond of our dad's ex wife lol.
Reply 29
If I were a guy, no I wouldn't want a relationship with you.

It seems like you're glad the baby's dad is dead because you get his money therefore you choose not to work and live off a dead person's wealth plus your personality's ****.
I'm 22 and have previously been in relationships with 2 people with kids.... never bothered me.

All you have to be careful of is getting to attached to the kids, especially when you've been with that person under a year/6months.
I don't have a problem with the child but your description of the woman puts me off. The whole designer label thing and "not afraid to show off her wealth" makes her sound extremely superficial.

So, yes I would consider going out with someone who has a kid. But not the person you describe.
Not a chance.
Original post by Mother Teresa
Rich and attractive sounds worse than what exactly? You're delusional. :lol:

I couldn't give a flying **** about money. I give even less of a **** about those whos lives revolve around having lots of money. They are the skidmarks of the human race.
Reply 34
Would you be in a relationship with a girl that is near your age but has a child?

Some points to consider :-

1) She isn't your usual chav type, she is quite wealthy and on average can bring home £120k per year after taxes without even lifting a single finger.

2) Good personality though a bit aggressive and isn't afraid to show her wealth.

3) A living advertisement board, everything she and her boy wears is an expensive designer label.

4) The baby's father is dead from a car accident. He however set her up for life which will explain the wealth levels.

5) Attractiveness, she can easily qualify for a high 2:1 and for the most part unless she happens to bring her boy out you wouldn't think she has a child.

6) Lots of similar interest but lots of other interest that most likely unless you have similar wealth levels will be difficult to afford though she won't mind paying for you if you make for good company.

Yes or no?

1). Wealth doesn't matter, and the chav thing is good for some people, not for others. But I see what you are trying to say.
2). As long as her personality is good, there's no problem. The rest, can come off badly to others, but this is about you and her, so as long as you're good with it, then its good.
3). Doesn't really matter as long as you can see through to her personality.
4). Unfortunate, as long as both of you are comfortable with the past, its fine. Agian, wealth doesn't matter.
5). Again, your choice, but personally to me attractiveness is just a bonus.
6). Its always good to have similar interests, and if she doesn't mind paying a little for your company it must mean she likes you.

All in all, all that it comes down to is, do you like her? (Without the wealth, just think of the gestures). And are you OK with her having a child? As long as you all get along, the child shouldn't change anything in my opinion.
(Remember, this is my opinion, you got to male your own one up)
Good luck, be safe.
She sounds like a nightmare to me..
Reply 36
Why would you ask this question on a forum where the majority are aged between 15-20 years old? Her having a child and being a widow is not a problem if you truley have feelings for her but using her or taking advantage of her situation would be extremely wrong...
*eavesdrops*
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Get off your arse and get a job. Use the money you spend on designer labels to set up your son with good funds for education, etc. Be a good role model for your son.

You sound stupid and if I was a guy I wouldn't want to date you.

"You sound stupid and if I was a guy I wouldn't want to date you."
If I were a guy.....
Original post by StrangeBanana
How?

A portfolio of rental properties and stocks. Also one club that she owns 50% of the shares to it and it is a very profitable business.

Original post by sophieelis
1) You didn't say anything about her personality or why you like her as a person. The only advantages you listed were money related, you sound like a major gold-digger using money as a means of making up for the fact that she has a baby. You shallow, shallow person.

2) So what if she has a kid whose dad is no longer in the picture? I'm sure it would be different if the dad were still alive but there is no risk in you losing out in any way possible.

3) Rating a person as a 2:1 what a ****ing arrogant cretin you are.

Sounds like you don't even deserve this woman to be honest, and you're definitely not mature enough to be with anyone with a kid so do us all a favour and grow up, get your own job and start earning your own money.

No need to be so combative. I couldn't give a toss about her money and I don't like girls spending money on me.

Original post by saarah_
I don't think I'd want to be with a guy who's got kids, my siblings and I weren't very fond of our dad's ex wife lol.

Original post by saarah_
If I were a guy, no I wouldn't want a relationship with you.

It seems like you're glad the baby's dad is dead because you get his money therefore you choose not to work and live off a dead person's wealth plus your personality's ****.

Why would you say that?

Original post by Samuelf
1). Wealth doesn't matter, and the chav thing is good for some people, not for others. But I see what you are trying to say.
2). As long as her personality is good, there's no problem. The rest, can come off badly to others, but this is about you and her, so as long as you're good with it, then its good.
3). Doesn't really matter as long as you can see through to her personality.
4). Unfortunate, as long as both of you are comfortable with the past, its fine. Agian, wealth doesn't matter.
5). Again, your choice, but personally to me attractiveness is just a bonus.
6). Its always good to have similar interests, and if she doesn't mind paying a little for your company it must mean she likes you.

All in all, all that it comes down to is, do you like her? (Without the wealth, just think of the gestures). And are you OK with her having a child? As long as you all get along, the child shouldn't change anything in my opinion.
(Remember, this is my opinion, you got to male your own one up)
Good luck, be safe.

TBH, when I first met her I didn't know she has a kid. Only found out she has a kid 3 weeks ago and it has been on and off for 6 months now.

I'm a bit worried what else she might be hiding.

Original post by Limpopo
She sounds like a nightmare to me..

Why?

Original post by news2me
Why would you ask this question on a forum where the majority are aged between 15-20 years old? Her having a child and being a widow is not a problem if you truley have feelings for her but using her or taking advantage of her situation would be extremely wrong...

Age is just a number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending