The Student Room Group

How do girls let guys know that they like them? FINALLY IT SHALL BE REVEALED...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JulietheCat
Glad you agree. :smile:

It's not that I want to be put on a pedestal by all men or expect nice things to happen to me. Relationships aren't a priority for me - making something of myself is. If someone makes the first move and I like them, then I'd definitely consider them. I don't like using my precious energy on speculating whether Guy In the Raincoat or Mohawk Dude fancies me. If they're interested in me, genuinely, they should definitely approach me. I won't bite, neither would most other girls, as long as you don't use stupid chat up lines like my "My p***** is Dublin".

Guess it's just the exact mentality that I personally have, only for me it's more an issue of respect and wanting a confident woman rather than seeing my energy interacting with other people as wasted. :giggle:
I've had girls ask me out and even had a few cold approach me, it isn't that weird, infact its kind of nice especially when they are hot.
there really is no way of any gender/person letting a person know they like them - you have to do some interpreting and guess work; I've apparently completely missed cues in the past, but also girls have also apparently missed my cues as well

there is no "magic way to know if a person likes you"; if that was the case, we'd all know it by now and these kinds of questions wouldn't exist - you literally just have to read people and go "fishing"
(edited 9 years ago)
Glad you agree. :smile:

It's not that I want to be put on a pedestal by all men or expect nice things to happen to me. Relationships aren't a priority for me - making something of myself is. If someone makes the first move and I like them, then I'd definitely consider them. I don't like using my precious energy on speculating whether Guy In the Raincoat or Mohawk Dude fancies me. If they're interested in me, genuinely, they should definitely approach me. I won't bite, neither would most other girls, as long as you don't use stupid chat up lines like my "My p***** is Dublin".

My p***** is Dublin? What the hell does that mean?

Oh so you're just sexist then? Okay that's nice to know :tongue:
Original post by tearteto
- the guy goes first
- the guy goes first
- the guy goes first
- It's first contact - wut.
- the guy goes first
- gives him her phone number after he asks.
- Never happens

I think I'm pretty close right?

i think from a girls perspective sure that does look absolutely perfect to me ... But we live in a society where there isn't a rule that says a boy should go up to a girl first. As much as girls want that I think everyone needs to remember, everyone's different and some boys might be waiting for girls to go up to them .. Which means if 2 shy people meet then nothing happens, so I think if you like someone regardless of gender just make the effort to show them...but hey that's just my opinion.
Original post by jay2013
My p***** is Dublin? What the hell does that mean?

Oh so you're just sexist then? Okay that's nice to know :tongue:

"My pen is Dublin"
Now put the pen and is together :tongue:

I'm not sexist. I form my opinions on my experiences. :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"My pen is Dublin"
Now put the pen and is together :tongue:

I'm not sexist. I form my opinions on my experiences. :hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That may be true, but do you not concede that waiting for men to make the "move" is a little bit sexist? Why shouldn't the girl make the move? :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Why are people saying "smiling" and "eye contact"? Those are things I do with everyone​!

Loool, same!!
Original post by jay2013
That may be true, but do you not concede that waiting for men to make the "move" is a little bit sexist? Why shouldn't the girl make the move? :tongue:

I've been brought up that way. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pshah2
Say in the following scenarios:

- Across the room at a party
- In a club
- At a bar
- Freshers week, the first day/ the first handshake
- At work/college
- By text
- On the tube (lol)

- eye contact and a smile you can't help
- lust; kissing, anything else; i have no idea
- see first point
- hyper conversation, giggles, smiles, eye contact, relaxed body language
- see point 1 and 4
- by this many kisses; xxx and overuse of smilies and subtle/obvious flirting, any mention of sex and excessive texting.. like.. 1500 times a day.. or 5000 times a day in crazy girl cases.
- I don't live in london.
Surround yourself with female friends, they're more likely to approach you then, it works for me.
You'll know it when it happens.
Original post by Ashleighpearce
i think from a girls perspective sure that does look absolutely perfect to me ... But we live in a society where there isn't a rule that says a boy should go up to a girl first. As much as girls want that I think everyone needs to remember, everyone's different and some boys might be waiting for girls to go up to them .. Which means if 2 shy people meet then nothing happens, so I think if you like someone regardless of gender just make the effort to show them...but hey that's just my opinion.

The only problem is, social convention is such that girls are far more pressured over being rejected. But equally but not as well known, its the same for blokes. Social behaviour practically inhibits us from expressing ourselves, especially when its attraction to a member of the opposite gender.
I wish there was no pressure to this and people could just talk to each other and chat each other up but hey ho. Us shy guys can dream can't we?
Reply 53
She won't hide from you.

- In a club
She'll go straight for your face, or won't react badly when you go for her. Well, that's what happens at Loop and Roxy, anyway.

- At a bar
Not going to happen

If you are shaking hands with girls at Freshers, you don't deserve to have a penis.

- At work/college
You don't get an email from HR for an interview-without-coffee.

- By text
She always sends the last text, and doesn't sign off with "have a great day/weekend" (i.e. "because I won't be there")

- On the tube (lol)
You have to keep looking through Rush Hour Crush on the Metro to see if she really did like you.
Original post by Clip
She won't hide from you.

- In a club
She'll go straight for your face, or won't react badly when you go for her. Well, that's what happens at Loop and Roxy, anyway.

- At a bar
Not going to happen

If you are shaking hands with girls at Freshers, you don't deserve to have a penis.

- At work/college
You don't get an email from HR for an interview-without-coffee.

- By text
She always sends the last text, and doesn't sign off with "have a great day/weekend" (i.e. "because I won't be there")

- On the tube (lol)
You have to keep looking through Rush Hour Crush on the Metro to see if she really did like you.

Apparently, then, my boyfriend doesn't deserve to have a penis. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently, then, my boyfriend doesn't deserve to have a penis. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boyfriend??? What happened to the girlfriend? :eek:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Guess I'll just go back to staring blankly at the floor from now on, lest anyone think I want to give them a good seeing to.

But then people on the floor might get the wrong idea.
Original post by redferry
But then people on the floor might get the wrong idea.

I...:sad:
Touching..

I mean like his arm or leg or something lol

Playful hitting?
Reply 59
Original post by pshah2
Say in the following scenarios:

- In a club
- At a bar
- At work/college
- By text
- On the tube (lol)

- Constantly make eye contact as I'm far too self-conscious to make the first move
- If I've had a few drinks I'd probably go up to him, if not, stand somewhere and just wait until he sees me then I give him 'the look' (lool)

- I'd stand at the bar and just check him out until he comes over (too shy to go over and talk to him, not because I expect guys to do all the work.

- Hmm, not sure to be honest.

- I've approached a guy at college before after two weeks of planning how I was going to do it (I got his number)

- By text, I'd tell him I like him simply because it's less intimidating than in person but it makes things really awkward if he doesn't feel the same way and you see him on a regular basis.

- I don't live in London but I wouldn't approach a guy on a bus, no one I find attractive ever gets on my bus anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending