The Student Room Group

Told a friend I like her.....

So long story short I told this girl that I liked her, and all the texts that I've had i've shown people and they felt as strongly as I did that she likes me,

I explain to her that I'd like to meet up and talk, she gets all worried and begs me to tell her what I want to talk about, so I tell her how I feel (felt so unconfident doing that I would've much rather she agreed to meet) this was 7hrs ago, and I haven't had a reply.

Should I be preparing for the worst when I wake up?

Scroll to see replies

Get ready to enter into that 'FriendZone' / 'SeenZone' my friend :ahee::holmes:
Lol , Who knows if you are lucky she might reply that 'She feels the same way about you ' Good luck :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Efteker_uddin
Get ready to enter into that 'FriendZone' / 'SeenZone' my friend :ahee::holmes:
Lol , Who knows if you are lucky she might reply that 'She feels the same way about you ' Good luck :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Weird thing is it kind of just happened I didn't go looking for this.....despite all the flirting we do.
:getmecoat:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
You made too much of a song and dance about it. Why ask her to meet up because you have something important to talk about and then blurt out your feelings over IM? It's not at all smooth and a little emotionally pathetic.

Live and learn. In the future ask a girl on dates and incentivise her to agree with your company, and not 'urgent' news. Show them that you like them through your body language, behaviour and attention/interest to them. If she sticks around that long then cement her suspicions by doing something physical and obvious such as a brief but passionate kiss.

As for this girl, forget about her and assume you have failed as you probably have, there is no point being hung up on a reply you will not likely receive.
Reply 5
Original post by Mockery
You made too much of a song and dance about it. Why ask her to meet up because you have something important to talk about and then blurt out your feelings over IM? It's not at all smooth and a little emotionally pathetic.

Live and learn. In the future ask a girl on dates and incentivise her to agree with your company, and not 'urgent' news. Show them that you like them through your body language, behaviour and attention/interest to them. If she sticks around that long then cement her suspicions by doing something physical and obvious such as a brief but passionate kiss.

As for this girl, forget about her and assume you have failed as you probably have, there is no point being hung up on a reply you will not likely receive.

We'll your an insensitive bastard

Don't you think I would've done that already? Attention and interest it's bloody obvious I like her! The texts we've been sending would indicate she feels the same way. It's complicated situation and I had to say.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So long story short I told this girl that I liked her, and all the texts that I've had i've shown people and they felt as strongly as I did that she likes me,

I explain to her that I'd like to meet up and talk, she gets all worried and begs me to tell her what I want to talk about, so I tell her how I feel (felt so unconfident doing that I would've much rather she agreed to meet) this was 7hrs ago, and I haven't had a reply.

Don't worry:console:
Such situations do take place and as you are a boy you can make her like you.:yep:

She will be always thinking of you since you said you had feelings for her.
She's a bit scared and shy type maybe. Just comfort her and be kind to her. Make her feel comfortable, relaxed and calmed. Talk friendly with her. Don't immediately start asking whats her decision. Just speak normally- how's day been?Don't worry, did you decide about the matter I spoke with you. Just say. Don't worry.
Reply 7
We'll your an insensitive bastard

Don't you think I would've done that already? Attention and interest it's bloody obvious I like her! The texts we've been sending would indicate she feels the same way. It's complicated situation and I had to say.

Trust me, you're not going to accurately read a woman through texts. The 'game' is insensitive, I'm only directing you towards future success.
Reply 8
Original post by Mockery
Trust me, you're not going to accurately read a woman through texts. The 'game' is insensitive, I'm only directing you towards future success.

I'll DM you
Reply 9
A bad move but all's not necessarily lost. The problem is now it's all going to be framed that you like her and that it's a big deal to you. There's no mystery for her, no challenge.

But from what you've written, it could still go either way. If she already liked you, you're still in the clear. But usually girls don't know whether they really like you or not, so when you drop a bomb and force them to make a split decision, they're not all-in.

If it doesn't go well you'll have to find some way to re-frame it. You don't want her to think it's a big deal to you. Then you need to start fresh with winning her over (teasing her, showing her you have options, etc.). It's okay her knowing you find her attractive (in fact that can be a good thing), just try to steer clear of the idea you have emotional feelings for her. Don't let her think you are attached to her - you've got to be nonchalant about it.

If it seems all's lost and she puts you squarely in the friend zone, I think the better move would be to break it off completely. Then a few months later come back, but with the confidence and qualities that will make her think you are different to before so that she might reconsider. But I tend to think most of these long-term plans aren't worth it - unless you think she's the one or something, I think it's usually better to look for other girls.
Reply 10
I'll DM you

Risk?
Move on. It's not worth the heartache.
I don't get all this bull****. Seriously, why is telling a girl you like them a bad move if they like you back O.o
I want to know what happened!! Did she reply?!
Original post by sophieelis
I want to know what happened!! Did she reply?!

Nope. :frown:

Which is uncharacteristic of her, we're very close (not to the extent where she'll start complaining about guys, I aint no bitch) and she's very caring so I got no idea why she isn't replying.
Nope. :frown:

Which is uncharacteristic of her, we're very close (not to the extent where she'll start complaining about guys, I aint no bitch) and she's very caring so I got no idea why she isn't replying.

Why don't you give her a call? Maybe she just doesn't know how to proceed and it's always easier to get direct answers from people on the phone. If she misses your call and then doesn't get back to you I would probably assume that she's not interested. Sorry :frown:
Original post by sophieelis
Why don't you give her a call? Maybe she just doesn't know how to proceed and it's always easier to get direct answers from people on the phone. If she misses your call and then doesn't get back to you I would probably assume that she's not interested. Sorry :frown:

Not replying at all or picking up the phone is very cruel. I doubt she would do that.
Not replying at all or picking up the phone is very cruel. I doubt she would do that.

You'd be surprised...! Don't me shy in any case. There's only one way of finding out the truth so if I were you I would give her a call. The worst is over, she already knows so you may as well see what she feels about it. Then at least you can get some sort of closure if you don't hear what you expected and start moving on.

You played it wrong mate.

Kick her off facebook whilst you can.

The best way to get a girl is to get her to like you more first. Never the other way round.

Sloane, where are you?
By texting and calling her, you're making the situation even more awkward than it already is!
Dude, it's not worth it, chasing a girl who's heart is not in it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending