The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAnusFiles
I got arrested once for carrying a concealed weapon. I was detained for 30 minutes, but let go after I gave the policewoman a DNA sample

+

To the OP, you really shouldnt have been in a position that bouncers can restrain you until police arrive, if trouble incurs, deal with it and promptly leave. If in future you find yourself caught in a similar situation, play the student card (although after applying some thought to what kind of forum im writing on you probably dont have pretend) and couple it with the "I dont remember anything mate"
Reply 21
so are you telling me no one here has done any jail time. ****ing hell

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by paulm94
Hope you're right. The police were alright with me the next day and I'm not a chav. I don't mind if I have to pay a fine - just don't want to get a record for this

I think your an idiot for even admitting you were fighting in a police interview, first of all. You've just confessed to a crime, if you didn't they would have just bailed. So they charged you,lol. The can't charge someone if they don't think they will get a conviction,lol. As there would be insufficient evidence. The CPS would have had nothing or minimal to go on, the majority of cases, they get from confession,LOL. Btw after 6 hours thats when they assess the legal situation, if you kept your mouth shut u would have been gone within 6 hours. I was done from afray and breach of the peace. Kept my mouth shut and no comment, let off within 6 hours, complained to IPCC. Got a nice letter of apology, now Im pursuing a nice personal injury claim. So for future reference keep your mouth shut, permanently seeing you have been charged it will go on an enhanced CRB. Like I said if you did they wouldn't have charged you, "as your not worth police time". As for me, they had to destroy my fingerprints as they couldn't charge me. Remember to charge someone "has to be beyond reasonable doubt". As you know affray is a serious crime, not just a little fight.
(edited 9 years ago)
Never been arrested but from my experience the police are very polite and will drive you around in their van in an effort to allow you to "sober up", avoiding a cell for the night lol- the main officers at the station are the best, some of the rookies think they have points to prove etc
Reply 24
Original post by paulm94
Am 19 and got arrested for the first time after getting into a fight on a night out. Never thought something like this would happen to me but was held by the bouncers and then the police came and got cuffed and put in a cage in the back of a van.

Spent the night in the cell and couldn't sleep at all with so much shouting and roaring going on as other people came in and banging on cell doors for a good while. Could hear loads but couldn't see anything that was going on. Was a real mad place.

I got 'breakfast' in the morning and then got photographed, fingerprinted and put back in the cell and then got interviewed about what had happened. Eventually got released but it was the longest 12 hours of my life and a big lesson for me.

I got put on police bail and have to go back in a few weeks and am shi**ing it about what might happen. Hoping I might just get a caution or something but don't know.

Anybody else been arrested and what happened?

I have, twice...:frown:
Reply 25
Original post by SloaneRanger
I think your an idiot for even admitting you were fighting in a police interview, first of all. You've just confessed to a crime, if you didn't they would have just bailed. So they charged you,lol. The can't charge someone if they don't think they will get a conviction,lol. As there would be insufficient evidence. The CPS would have had nothing or minimal to go on, the majority of cases, they get from confession,LOL. Btw after 6 hours thats when they assess the legal situation, if you kept your mouth shut u would have been gone within 6 hours. I was done from afray and breach of the peace. Kept my mouth shut and no comment, let off within 6 hours, complained to IPCC. Got a nice letter of apology, now Im pursuing a nice personal injury claim. So for future reference keep your mouth shut, permanently seeing you have been charged it will go on an enhanced CRB. Like I said if you did they wouldn't have charged you, "as your not worth police time". As for me, they had to destroy my fingerprints as they couldn't charge me. Remember to charge someone "has to be beyond reasonable doubt". As you know affray is a serious crime, not just a little fight.

I stoped reading swiftly as you clearly have no experience with the law or maybe you are just stupid, do you think if you tell the police you're innocent they say "ok chap of you go" if that were the case prisons would be empty.

EDIT: and about the CRB.. which isn't even called that anymore btw.. it wont show after 2 years as new laws came in, in 2013 as to many people were not getting jobs over old minor cautions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I had a police woman come and visit me after I had been to see an old friend from college because her daughter accused me of being a sex offender when I'm not! :mad:
yes :colondollar: I'm not proud, I was 17 and kissing my ex gf on a bus we were arrested for drunk & disorderly. It was awful police pinned us both down, I was also stripped searched and held down by 3 policemen all male roughly I had bruises all over my body! In case I had drugs (BS) , I was left in a police cell naked on cctv for 4 hours, not surprisingly they let me go without charge as I could have reported them to the pcc!
Original post by Ana81
I stoped reading swiftly as you clearly have no experience with the law or maybe you are just stupid, do you think if you tell the police you're innocent they say "ok chap of you go" if that were the case prisons would be empty.

EDIT: and about the CRB.. which isn't even called that anymore btw.. it wont show after 2 years as new laws came in, in 2013 as to many people were not getting jobs over old minor cautions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

more experience then you do then genius i just had a BDS
http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk

and it does come up on an enhanced "DBS"
http://dbsdirect.co.uk/types-of-checks-and-who-they-are-for.php

if your charged it shows, why and what happened, you have to disclose it. And how do I know? Ive actually had run ins with the police, I don't talk a big game. I actually follow through with my actions. Especially if your working with children or vulnerable people, thats why then do enhanced DBS checks as you put it. Of course assaulting someone would affect your ability to do a job. Hence he should have kept his mouth shut at interview. Ive been in never been charged, its for them to find me guilty and worth prosecuting (as the cps is run from taxpayers money, the public wants convictions). I.e. give them time to investigate, if they can't find anything, they have to let me go. Otherwise people like me will bring up racial harassment or anything reasonable. We live in a society "beyond reasonable doubt" to convict someone. Any doubt, they let you go, this isn't sharia law darling. Hence the police offering people the choice of giving them fines or going to court,lol.

Why lie to OP, because of your lies he might up a doctor for example? It shows up.
https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-and-barring-service-criminal-record-checks-referrals-and-complaints
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vickidc18
yes :colondollar: I'm not proud, I was 17 and kissing my ex gf on a bus we were arrested for drunk & disorderly. It was awful police pinned us both down, I was also stripped searched and held down by 3 policemen all male roughly I had bruises all over my body! In case I had drugs (BS) , I was left in a police cell naked on cctv for 4 hours, not surprisingly they let me go without charge as I could have reported them to the pcc!

You should have complained to the IPCC, put the ******* in their place.
Original post by paulm94
Am 19 and got arrested for the first time after getting into a fight on a night out. Never thought something like this would happen to me but was held by the bouncers and then the police came and got cuffed and put in a cage in the back of a van.

Spent the night in the cell and couldn't sleep at all with so much shouting and roaring going on as other people came in and banging on cell doors for a good while. Could hear loads but couldn't see anything that was going on. Was a real mad place.

I got 'breakfast' in the morning and then got photographed, fingerprinted and put back in the cell and then got interviewed about what had happened. Eventually got released but it was the longest 12 hours of my life and a big lesson for me.

I got put on police bail and have to go back in a few weeks and am shi**ing it about what might happen. Hoping I might just get a caution or something but don't know.

Anybody else been arrested and what happened?

I got arrested for pretty much the same thing.

Exact same process, they interviewed me and I admitted to punching the guy. Since it was my first offence I received a caution and that was that.
I've never been arrested. But my dad was once arrested because a woman called the police saying he threatened to shoot her. Turned out to be something she'd just made up. He was eventually given his guns and license back.
the only problem I ever had from that caution was that I got refused entry to local clubs due to the new id scanning system which shows up if you have been arrested/kicked out of nightclubs
Reply 33
Original post by DiddyDec
I have been stopped 5 times, 4 of which were in the same month. Apparently I'm a suspicious person. And fined once for public urination. I would like to add that I was taking a leak in a public flower bed. It cost me £90

That was like the only other time I have had trouble with the police. Was taking a leak down an alleyway and they came up behind me. Just said put it away and f**k off and I did. Asked me my name but don't think they took it down
Reply 34
Original post by SloaneRanger

I didn't get charged - not yet anyway. Got police bail and have to go back in a few weeks. They said they were going to look at CCTV and had a few people to talk to. It was 12 hours because I got arrested at about 1am and they just put me in a cell to sober up and woke me about 8am I think and then interviewed me.

I got to speak to a solicitor on the phone before the interview. I only admitted to being drunk and not remembering exactly what had happened and that was the truth. I don't know what is going to happen when I go back. Like I said it was my first time arrested and in a cell and interviewed so I only did what I thought was right.

What are the rules about them keeping your fingerprints and photograph - thought once they had them they kept them
Original post by vickidc18

lol, you got arrested, strip searched and roughed up, for that?

Are you sure you're not leaving any details out?
Reply 36
Original post by christopher23
the only problem I ever had from that caution was that I got refused entry to local clubs due to the new id scanning system which shows up if you have been arrested/kicked out of nightclubs

Original post by christopher23
I got arrested for pretty much the same thing.

Exact same process, they interviewed me and I admitted to punching the guy. Since it was my first offence I received a caution and that was that.

Did they give you the caution straight off or were you bailed like I was?

Don't know anything about that ID for clubs? Would they really know if you've been arrested?
i got arrested for the possession of illegal substances when i was 17. i guess i got a warning, cause im still going to a top 5 uni.
#alpha #noteventrolling #repme
Reply 38
Original post by Ana81
spent 5 months in a young offenders prison just because I set a motorbike on fire as its owner annoyed me. besides that I've been arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of an offensive weapon and threats to kill. innocent on all counts if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really did 5 months man? That would be my worst nightmare.

One night in a police cell was bad enough for me - just staring at the Crimestoppers number on the wall and counting the little bricks and wishing I could have a smoke
OP yeah, not for ages though.

Sounds like it was just a scuffle by what you're saying, you'll probably get a caution. No big deal imo just learn your lesson.

Latest