The Student Room Group

Why is every possible career path boring?

why why why! why does nothing fun exist I dont want to sit behind a computer all my life and act like a snob. I would learn a trade but its to hard to get into and tbh trades such as carpentry are dying off, I wouldn't mind building things like kitchen fitting but the pay is terrible... is there no balance? is it either a boring high paid job or a semi enjoyable job which is piss poor pay. KILLUMINATI

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I can only imagine your pain, fortunately.
Original post by CrawfordRolex

Wealthy people don't go about telling everyone of their wealth as you do. On your profile, you mention a lot of your wealth and how others should accept what they have in their life. You obviously don't have such wealth, as you inform us of it at every occasion you get, which is contrary to what genuine wealthy people do. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ana81
why why why! why does nothing fun exist I dont want to sit behind a computer all my life and act like a snob. I would learn a trade but its to hard to get into and tbh trades such as carpentry are dying off, I wouldn't mind building things like kitchen fitting but the pay is terrible... is there no balance? is it either a boring high paid job or a semi enjoyable job which is piss poor pay. KILLUMINATI

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kitchen fitting?!?!? Someone wasn't smart enough to hop abored the STEM train. :lol:
Are they? Huh. Because there I was thinking my future career in optometry was going to be fun. Oh well.

In all seriousness though, it sounds like you just haven't found the thing you connect with yet?
Original post by Friendly Liberal
Wealthy people don't go about telling everyone of their wealth as you do. On your profile, you mention a lot of your wealth and how others should accept what they have in their life. You obviously don't have such wealth, as you inform us of it at every occasion you get, which is contrary to what genuine wealthy people do. :rolleyes:

Jealousy only hurts yourself, not me - do not envy me, please. Be happy with what you have got.
Jealousy only hurts yourself, not me - do not envy me, please. Be happy with what you have got.

lol

Do you really own a Rolex? What model?
Original post by universal_set
Do you really own a Rolex? What model?

No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.
Reply 9
life, jobs and careers are not meant to be fun. unless you're a professional athlete/singer/actor/famous celebrity, your career is going to be boring and you're going to hate it. People work and have jobs not because they enjoy it or find it fun, but because they must, in order to earn money to buy houses, cars and food. You need to find a way to balance your life so that you don't become too depressed/bored/burned out from your work or career. That's why people get married, make friends, have children, attend social events and take up hobbies and interests in their spare time. That's life, mate. You have to work hard and be able to deal with boredom and frustration every single day.
No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.

WOW. Can you share picture of only ONE Rolex with TSR website opened in background?
No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.

Funny how you don't actually show pictures of any of your possessions :lol: and haven't replied to me earlier since I clearly beat you...

WOW. Can you share picture of only ONE Rolex with TSR website opened in background?

*quickly tries to photoshop*
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stinkum
life, jobs and careers are not meant to be fun. unless you're a professional athlete/singer/actor/famous celebrity, your career is going to be boring and you're going to hate it. People work and have jobs not because they enjoy it or find it fun, but because they must, in order to earn money to buy houses, cars and food. You need to find a way to balance your life so that you don't become too depressed/bored/burned out from your work or career. That's why people get married, make friends, have children, attend social events and take up hobbies and interests in their spare time. That's life, mate. You have to work hard and be able to deal with boredom and frustration every single day.

That is not a life I will ever live. That is just downright depressing. You should choose a career that you enjoy, even if it doesn't make much. I have chosen a career that I am genuinely interested in and will provide me with enough money to survive on.
No I do not own a Rolex.

I own Rolexes.

For example,

2.jpg

1.jpg
Original post by dire wolf
Kitchen fitting?!?!? Someone wasn't smart enough to hop abored the STEM train. :lol:

Do you not think it more important for people to do what they enjoy. Just because someone doesn't do a STEM subject does not mean they are not intelligent.

I don't do a STEM subject because they do not interest me in the slightest, yet I am still going to get an internationally recognised qualification at the end.
For example,

2.jpg

1.jpg

Have you been to Zurich in Switzerland? I have and there are many expensive watches for your buying.
[QUOTE=DiddyDec;48419201]Do you not think it more important for people to do what they enjoy. Just because someone doesn't do a STEM subject does not mean they are not intelligent.

I don't do a STEM subject because they do not interest me in the slightest, yet I am still going to get an internationally recognised qualification at the end.
agree. he'd have a better chance of getting the type of job that he wants if he had a stem degree under his belt, tho.
For example,

2.jpg

1.jpg

He got banned :hahaha:
Reply 18
Original post by Friendly Liberal

The mean moderator deleted my thread.
Original post by Trihawk7
He got banned :hahaha:

Lol. :giggle:

I'm probably next

Quick Reply

Latest