The Student Room Group

College BA/Uni BA

Hello, first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section. So I have applied to a BA course at a college instead of a uni as my predicted results weren't great. I am wondering what the main differences are between studying at a college versus a uni. The course is media and TV production. What differences are there in the course and what differences will I face socially (will still be living in student accommodation). Thanks!
There isn't much a difference it's still a degree just you have put up with the a level students in previous years and obviously foundation groups.

Nightworld1066
Original post by Tomva
Hello, first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section. So I have applied to a BA course at a college instead of a uni as my predicted results weren't great. I am wondering what the main differences are between studying at a college versus a uni. The course is media and TV production. What differences are there in the course and what differences will I face socially (will still be living in student accommodation). Thanks!

Colleges are usually smaller, less people on their courses and don't have so much to offer in the way of clubs and societies and campus nightlife and pubs.
Don't do it, employers won't appreciate a degree from college.
But it really depends on the college really for example the social work programme at havering college is a thousand times better then the more expensive unis and it is accredits ted by open university.
But a a degree is a degree wherever you get it.

Plus I find that doing he courses at colleges the classes are smaller and there's not a class of 500 like their was at ARU

Nightworld1066

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending