The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth University Optometry 2014 OFFERS

Hi Guys

I just wanted to know if anyone has already received an offer to study Optometry at Plymouth University?
Reply 1
Hi, i have also got a conditional offer for optometry at Plymouth which is my firm choice.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey I've also had an offer for optometry and it's my firm choice :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by katie.e96
Hey I've also had an offer for optometry and it's my firm choice :biggrin:

Cool stuff , were you at the applicant open day yesterday ?
Reply 4
Original post by Hish1996
Cool stuff , were you at the applicant open day yesterday ?

No I went to the one in march. Were there many people there because there was only about 10 when I went? :smile:
Hi I have received my offer from Plymouth for optometry. How many of u joining this sept?
Going in for optometry this September? I might too.
Reply 7
Original post by katie.e96
No I went to the one in march. Were there many people there because there was only about 10 when I went? :smile:

Oh right , and I would say there was about 10-15 people there when I went
Reply 8
Original post by Amy Farmer
Hi Guys

I just wanted to know if anyone has already received an offer to study Optometry at Plymouth University?

I have & it is my firm choice ..
Reply 9
Hi everyone...I accepted a condition offer to study optometry at Plymouth in Sept this year. Am a bit of an oldie though (35 by the time I start)! I'm really excited but incredibly nervous....can't wait to meet everyone though
Hey guys! I'm a current first year Optometry student at Plymouth, if you have any questions about absolutely anything feel free to pop me a message ( or if there's worried parents with questions!). I've been through all of the stress last year and I know I would have appreciated having someone I could have asked about the course or Plymouth in general, hehe. Good luck for exams! We've got our last 2 next week, then we can party
Hey everyone! There's a group set up here for all for all 2014 Plymouth Freshers!

Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223959214468476
Reply 12
Original post by 0palescence
Hey guys! I'm a current first year Optometry student at Plymouth, if you have any questions about absolutely anything feel free to pop me a message ( or if there's worried parents with questions!). I've been through all of the stress last year and I know I would have appreciated having someone I could have asked about the course or Plymouth in general, hehe. Good luck for exams! We've got our last 2 next week, then we can party

Hi, was just wondering, what has your timetable been like for your first year and also how many exams have you had and when? Thanks for your help.
Original post by cherylh
Hi, was just wondering, what has your timetable been like for your first year and also how many exams have you had and when? Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am also just finished my first year at Plymouth doing optometry.
The timetable was busier before christmas. We were in everyday for roughly 3 hours. After christmas we had a Wednesday completely free from lectures.

There are 7 modules in total. 1 is continuous the whole year, 2 before and 3 after Christmas.

The first module EBP is a coursework module where you will need to write a 1500 word essay which will be due to hand in for January. There are 2 exams the 2nd week of January. Human anatomy and Physiology is a multiple choice exam and Geometric and Physical Optics is a short answer exam where you answer 3 from 4 questions. Another module called Clinical Skills will have a post placement reflective essay due in for January as well.

In the Summer there are 3 exams in May. Ocular anatomy and physiology which is split into 3 sections- multiple choice, short answer and diagrams. Visual Optics and Ophthalmic lenses is a short answer exams where you will select 3 out of 4 possible questions to answer. The OSCE which is the other component of clinical skills is a practical exam and you will have a series of 5 stations.

The other module Visual Perception is a coursework module. Various lab activities are carried out throughout the year and based on the results you write a lab report for each one. Our hand in date was late April.

Hope this helps! x
Reply 14
Original post by SophieMuzza94
Hi, I am also just finished my first year at Plymouth doing optometry.
The timetable was busier before christmas. We were in everyday for roughly 3 hours. After christmas we had a Wednesday completely free from lectures.

There are 7 modules in total. 1 is continuous the whole year, 2 before and 3 after Christmas.

The first module EBP is a coursework module where you will need to write a 1500 word essay which will be due to hand in for January. There are 2 exams the 2nd week of January. Human anatomy and Physiology is a multiple choice exam and Geometric and Physical Optics is a short answer exam where you answer 3 from 4 questions. Another module called Clinical Skills will have a post placement reflective essay due in for January as well.

In the Summer there are 3 exams in May. Ocular anatomy and physiology which is split into 3 sections- multiple choice, short answer and diagrams. Visual Optics and Ophthalmic lenses is a short answer exams where you will select 3 out of 4 possible questions to answer. The OSCE which is the other component of clinical skills is a practical exam and you will have a series of 5 stations.

The other module Visual Perception is a coursework module. Various lab activities are carried out throughout the year and based on the results you write a lab report for each one. Our hand in date was late April.

Hope this helps! x

Thanks so much for this info, really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending