The Student Room Group

Guys opinion on girls with mild acne scars

Hey,

I have met this guy on tinder and we hit it off instantly, conversation flows easily and we have loads in common. We've been speaking everyday since we've matched on tinder (approx a month). The other day he mentioned us meeting in person which im keen on doing, however I'm slightly nervous that he wont like me because on the acne scars and dark marks :frown: I don't know what to do..

Any opinions would be appreciated

I don't wear make up because I dont really like it too much
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
wear full coverage make up! then gradually start wearing less!! or just suck it up and attend never know he might not mind!!, if he doesnt mind thats a bonus right!
Reply 2
Original post by Bubble_10
Hey,

I have met this guy on tinder and we hit it off instantly, conversation flows easily and we have loads in common. We've been speaking everyday since we've matched on tinder (approx a month). The other day he mentioned us meeting in person which im keen on doing, however I'm slightly nervous that he wont like me because on the acne scars and dark marks :frown: I don't know what to do..

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're willing to spend money then I recommend you get Benefit Hello Flawless powder, it's costly but worth it.
Reply 3
Just cover them up with makeup if it would make you feel more confident... But ask yourself, would you really want to be with someone who's shallow enough to be bothered by a few acne scars?
Meet him as you are, do not cover anything up, you will basically be lying and starting a relationship based on a lie. If he doesnt like you physically, then there is nothing you or anyone can do to change that,, so dont bother to try and hide it.
Most men (and women) don't expect flawless faces on their partners. Obviously it might be an issue for a minority of people, but the vast majority are fully aware that most people don't have perfect, mark-free skin and don't expect it.

Don't plaster yourself with makeup if you wouldn't normally do so. If he likes you, he likes you. If not, move on.
Acne scars are cute :biggrin:. Of course I have pretty bad acne so maybe I'm biased.
Could try a low cut top, boobs can help divert attention away from your face... (this is a well known phenomena)
If any guy is worth dating, he's going to pass over this without any problem.
If he's bothered by it, he's not worth it and there will be an absolutely amazing guy out there who loves you for exactly who you are and thinks you're beautiful :smile:

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with acne scars, the majority of people suffer from some sort of acne somewhere on their body during their lifetime. I have had mild acne on my back and even though it's improving, I still have a few scars.

Just see how it goes with him and like I said, if it bothers him that much he doesn't deserve you or your time :smile:
Good luck!!
I don't like makeup either but I use a tiny bit of mineral foundation (powder) on my cheeks every day, just to reduce the redness and even out my skin tone.
Powder is easier to manage than liquid and it's a lot less messy.
Don't wear makeup, that will make it worse. I don't get why people are telling you to cover it. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN AND HEALTH. Do that and it will be reduced in 2 months.
Reply 12
Original post by xoflower
Don't wear makeup, that will make it worse. I don't get why people are telling you to cover it. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN AND HEALTH. Do that and it will be reduced in 2 months.

Just as a temporary solution, when she starts to feel comfortable around him then she can be honest and upfront about her acne scars, I'm sure he won't mind.
They're probably not as noticeable as she thinks. OP, just wear very little makeup since you want to look your best, no?

Make sure you exfoliate weekly, I make my own facial and body scrub and it won't take long before you notice a difference.

- Brown sugar (or white if you want)
- fresh lemon juice
- a bit of olive oil (just to add moisture if you have naturally dry skin or want your skin to feel extra smooth)

I do this every friday in the shower, lemon juice is essential if you want those scars to fade.
-
There are loads of videos of girls on Youtube with crazy bad acne and acne scars that cover them perfectly.
There is nothing wrong with you the way you are, but with make up you will probably feel 10x better about yourself.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :nah:
Original post by saarah_
Just as a temporary solution, when she starts to feel comfortable around him then she can be honest and upfront about her acne scars, I'm sure he won't mind.
They're probably not as noticeable as she thinks. OP, just wear very little makeup since you want to look your best, no?

Make sure you exfoliate weekly, I make my own facial and body scrub and it won't take long before you notice a difference.

- Brown sugar (or white if you want)
- fresh lemon juice
- a bit of olive oil (just to add moisture if you have naturally dry skin or want your skin to feel extra smooth)

I do this every friday in the shower, lemon juice is essential if you want those scars to fade.
-

The makeup will make it worse though. I recommend she eats healthy, drinks plenty of water, exercise 4x per week and uses ''black soap''. Listerally I did this and my skin has gone from awful to decent in months.
Reply 16
Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile

If this guy, really truely likes you, he'll love you the way you are.
Scars are a part of our past, so is a part of us.
As beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there's nothing to hate and more to love.
My opinion (a guys opinion) don't cover it up, don't use make up (I actually don't like young women with too much make up, and those without, for me shows that they ain't hiding, and they are brave), go meet him (I suggest with a friend just in case) and talk, enjoy yourself.
The more you talk, the more comfortable you'll both get.
I wish you the best of luck,
Be Brave.
They aren't really a big issue for guys. Girls are brought up to obsess about skin and they notice their own skin and the flawless skin of other girls and feel bad but guys don't really observe skin in the same way. There are lots of hot girls that have imperfections all over their skin.

You just have to be willing to accept yourself. If you are concerned about it tell him you worry about your skin and then at least its out in the open but then if he says its ok leave it at that and don't keep bringing it up. I know a lot of girls that have real issues and worries about their skin so you're not alone, but where it can become a problem in a relationship is if you won't do things because of your skin or keep obsessing over it when a guy has already said it's not an issue for him.
Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it makes zero difference, my skin used to be pretty bad and it made very little difference.

This cream will change your life though hun x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skin-Doctors-Cosmeceuticals-2510-Hydroxy/dp/B000KJLT7E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404317064&sr=8-1&keywords=skin+doctors
Reply 19
Original post by MagicNMedicine
They aren't really a big issue for guys. Girls are brought up to obsess about skin and they notice their own skin and the flawless skin of other girls and feel bad but guys don't really observe skin in the same way. There are lots of hot girls that have imperfections all over their skin.

You just have to be willing to accept yourself. If you are concerned about it tell him you worry about your skin and then at least its out in the open but then if he says its ok leave it at that and don't keep bringing it up. I know a lot of girls that have real issues and worries about their skin so you're not alone, but where it can become a problem in a relationship is if you won't do things because of your skin or keep obsessing over it when a guy has already said it's not an issue for him.

Original post by Blackacre
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. :nah:

So refreshing to hear that from a guys point of view. Its making me feel a lot better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending