The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9140
Original post by Kruz
He's better technically and has more quality in the final 3rd. Think he's short-term option for Jenkinson/Bellerin eventually.

I'm kinda surprised ole' Arsene didn't snap up Digne beginning of last season, given how much he likes his Frenchies! (quite capable of playing RB afaik)
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but apparently the Debuchy deal will be done after the world cup for an agreed fee of 12m
Good buy if you've got Debuchy. Although read on the telegraph that you're not willing to pay 12M for him that Newcastle wanted.

Just remembered that Arsenal tried to sign Cabaye for 10.1M. :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9143
Original post by samba
I'm kinda surprised ole' Arsene didn't snap up Digne beginning of last season, given how much he likes his Frenchies! (quite capable of playing RB afaik)

Because he's a LB and we're already sorted in that position. He's never played at RB.
Original post by samba

Oh yeah Lucas Digne, I've heard about him before he's was quite highly rated at Lille. But we wouldn't need him.
Original post by 419
Because he's a LB and we're already sorted in that position. He's never played at RB.

Speaking of Digne, you watch PSG quite a bit don't you?

Could you tell me how Marquinhos and Van Der Wiel have been doing?
Also do you think that Rabiot will make it at PSG? Has Cabaye put him further down the pecking order.
Finally, what do you think about Javier Pastore? Hasn't generated too much hype since leaving Palermo and isn't a starter for them iirc.
Original post by sr90
I think he's going to completely flop next season, this has Young/Downing written all over it. Give it 2 years and he'll be farmed out to someone like Sunderland or Stoke.

Original post by Kruz
Yes. He's good but not that good. When I look at this signing it just Deja Vu to me all over *cough Dalglish*. The price tag is just making me itch tbh, I wish him luck but I don't think he'll be all that. The price tag just makes me appreciate Wenger's ability in the market.
Posted from TSR Mobile

How much was Lallana bought for again?
Everything that was just said is how I feel about Lambert tbh, am I the only one that thinks even he is overrated? Meh.
Can Debuchy play as a DM? No? Ok.
Alexis Sanchez set to refuse Liverpool in favour of Arsenal move dailym.ai/1onEuB6.
Reply 9149
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
How much was Lallana bought for again?
Everything that was just said is how I feel about Lambert tbh, am I the only one that thinks even he is overrated? Meh.

Naaaaah he's stats are pretty good. Though, at soton it's a diff story, we'll see how he does at Liverpool.

Liverpool will be an interesting proposition next season. It'll be fun seeing how capable they'll be with the extra champs league footy 😏
Original post by Kruz
Alexis Sanchez set to refuse Liverpool in favour of Arsenal move dailym.ai/1onEuB6.

No quotes and it's Daily Mail. Nuff said
Original post by SHOO
Naaaaah he's stats are pretty good. Though, at soton it's a diff story, we'll see how he does at Liverpool.

Liverpool will be an interesting proposition next season. It'll be fun seeing how capable they'll be with the extra champs league footy

I'm just intrigued to find out who will drop out the top four tbh. It's gonna be tight.

What's all this stuff about Jackson Martinez then??
Original post by sevchenko
No quotes and it's Daily Mail. Nuff said

I know just thought I'd post it anyway. Do you think it's true though?
Reply 9153
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm just intrigued to find out who will drop out the top four tbh. It's gonna be tight.

What's all this stuff about Jackson Martinez then??

Wouldn't believe anything to be honest with you. Though I would love him here, I just.. Don't think it'll happen :frown:

Original post by Kruz

I don't think it's true, I don't even think barca are as interested as the media are making them out to be. It'll be so peak if Suarez stay - as much as it pains to say this, if he stays Liverpool will be HARD next season :frown:
Original post by Kruz

Who knows what true. Sanchez hasn't said a thing. I doubt Barca would do another major swap deal after the Ibra transfer tho. It's true imo Arsenal would be the more attractive option compared to Liverpool. Let's hope he refuses to go to Liverpool and let's hope Arsenal get the deal done properly. I want to avoid another Higuain
Original post by SHOO
Wouldn't believe anything to be honest with you. Though I would love him here, I just.. Don't think it'll happen :frown:

Martinez is only 27, thought he was about 33 :colonhash: So age shouldn't be a factor.
And I don't think Suarez will be staying at Liverpool, an exit is looking inevitable. SSN reporting that Lfc and Barca will be holding talks over him this week about a possible transfer.
I just can't wait for this window to close tbh

All these rumors are giving me heartache:mad:
But who could forget the Higuan thing tho, that was looking like a done deal and everything. Had me so excited.
Reply 9158
Original post by jam278
Speaking of Digne, you watch PSG quite a bit don't you?

Could you tell me how Marquinhos and Van Der Wiel have been doing?
Also do you think that Rabiot will make it at PSG? Has Cabaye put him further down the pecking order.
Finally, what do you think about Javier Pastore? Hasn't generated too much hype since leaving Palermo and isn't a starter for them iirc.

Marquinhos has been quite up and down but I like him. I think he's a very competent defender. The Luiz signing probably means he's going to be played permanently at RB now or majority of his game time from come from there which is a shame as I'd have liked to see him develop into a proper CB. He hasn't really developed much from his Roma time but he's still young and has had to adapt to 2 different cultures within 2 years so he can be excused there. Hopefully not making the WC will give him more desire to push on.

The less said about VDW and Pastore the better. The former just looks out of sort, poor positioning defensively and looks lost when attacking, he should be sold back to eredivisie. Pastore has pretty much not lived up to his Palermo hype since joining though he comes up now and again with important goals/ contributions especially last season.

I'm a Rabiot fanboy. The boy is for me a proper B2B midfielder. He's really good the air, for a tall guy he's got good drive and change of pace. He moves about the pitch with the mannerism of a left footed Oscar but not as good defensively. Cabaye didn't really affect his game time, it pretty much followed the same pattern it had all season and tbh, PSG didn't need Cabaye at all- he's not really contributed much and at times looks out of place. Rabiot has apparently rejected PSG's offer of a new contract so maybe he'll move on (to Juve) and rightly so imo even though he's still relatively young, he's good enough to be a starter for a top team but Blanc seems unwilling to trust him especially in CL.
Reply 9159
I actually want to kill people that want us to sign Jackson Martinez. Rather play Sanogo than him.

Latest