The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl with a scar on her face?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
You're right about the fact that there will always be people who will say hurtful things to you in life. I guess most people will experience it at some point because there will always be someone who doesn't like something about you or is just plain mean. I'm 17.

My older cousins have told me that people are more open at university (that's if you plan on going to one) and tend to be more accepting. It's also a fresh new start. I know this isn't university, but when I went for a three day trial to stay at a special boarding school for deaf people (I'm deaf) for their sixth form, the people there were lovely and so accepting. They didn't care about appearance but your personality. If you were really fun and sociable, you made friends easily. If you were shy (like me) they'd try to help you come out of your shell. And I guess this is what my cousins were telling me about what university is like.

And, IMO, I agree with Sanctimonious. If people are going to judge other people by their physical appearance then I wouldn't bother with them.
Would you date a girl that had a very noticeable scar on her face which couldn't be improved upon with surgery etc? Have you ever found a girl with a noticeable scar attractive? I'm talking about hypertrophic/keloid type of scars

Some people might find it very attractive actually, scar on a face, I am dead serious.
I knew a girl with a scar on her neck and face, it was sexy
Every scar is an ugly scar though?

Not at all.
Original post by TaciturnPhantom
My older cousins have told me that people are more open at university (that's if you plan on going to one) and tend to be more accepting. It's also a fresh new start. I know this isn't university, but when I went for a three day trial to stay at a special boarding school for deaf people (I'm deaf) for their sixth form, the people there were lovely and so accepting. They didn't care about appearance but your personality. If you were really fun and sociable, you made friends easily. If you were shy (like me) they'd try to help you come out of your shell. And I guess this is what my cousins were telling me about what university is like.

And, IMO, I agree with Sanctimonious. If people are going to judge other people by their physical appearance then I wouldn't bother with them.

Yeah I feel like things have gotten a bit better as I've gotten older. I haven't had any rude comments since starting sixth form(at least not to my face) and I hope university is even better. I'm extremely too and I hope I will come out of my shell more as I want to actually have some friends!
Original post by WelshBluebird
Not at all.

What makes a scar ugly or not ugly?
Original post by Stinkum
I'd ask her to cover the scar with her hand.

What, just sort of all the time? 0.o
I wouldn't date someone who wouldn't date someone with a scar on their face.

(N.B. I don't have a scar on my face.)
I've always found scars actually quite attractive, for both sexes.
A scar on a girls face wouldn't stop me being attracted to her at all, I remember I saw this advert once for some type of makeup and there was this girl on it with vitiligo so half of her face was black and the other half was white because the vitiligo was stopping her skin pigment coming through. I thought she was absolutely beautiful.
What makes a scar ugly or not ugly?

I wouldnt say they are ugly at all.
Every scar is an ugly scar though? But yeah I get what you mean about love and lust being different things.

The scar told you it's ugly? Or you keep telling yourself " oh... this scar is ugly." What or who created the word 'ugly' ? Your ego? Or your own self?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
The scar told you it's ugly? Or you keep telling yourself " oh... this scar is ugly." What or who created the word 'ugly' ? Your ego? Or your own self?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Society told me that scars are ugly.
I would, I think scars are hot. But as everyone else says, it dm about looks really, more about personality. You'll find someone will get hotter the more you realise how awesome they are, and less hot if they are boring or something.

Remember, scars are sexy!
Personally I think scars are kinda cool and make you look like a badass.

I can't imagine it would matter for anyone worth caring about.
come on a scar won't make a girl look better, even with guys it would depends on the scar and location but yes i would still date one who had a scar on face,
I've got one on my face where I was glassed in a fight. Not big, not clever, incredibly regrettable tbh... No one notices I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the scar change your facial features? Some scars will mend in such a way that your eye droops etc?

Met a girl at work who had multiple scars running from her cheek up her nose in parallel, like claw marks or shrapnel. Other than that she looked perfectly normal, well actually quite pretty. I'm not sure what it was but she was just more attractive because of them.

It's probably because I see scars as true/better than tattoos. Always have a story behind them.
Original post by Aivicore
Personally I think scars are kinda cool and make you look like a badass.

I can't imagine it would matter for anyone worth caring about.

As a female I don't want to look like a badass.
Clare Grogan was (justly) Britain's pin-up princess of the 80s and with a very noticeable facial scar. Tina Fey hasn't been held back and is an obviously attractive woman.

Edit: here's Clare Grogan doing her very sexy thing:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cambio wechsel
Clare Grogan was (justly) Britain's pin-up princess of the 80s and with a very noticeable facial scar. Tina Fey hasn't been held back and is an obviously attractive woman.

Edit: here's Clare Grogan doing her very sexy thing:

None of those scars are noticeable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending