The Student Room Group

Facial Hair

I am a 16 year old male and I have been shaving my facial hair for about half a year. I have a problem where even immediately after shaving there is still some stubble left and I cannot get rid of it. I hate facial hair and I find it embarassing when I see that I have stubble, therefore, could someone advise me on a way to get rid of all the stubble, and to keep it away for a longer duration of time? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Rinse your face with warm water, apply foam and use a cut throat razor & go against the grain.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 16 year old male and I have been shaving my facial hair for about half a year. I have a problem where even immediately after shaving there is still some stubble left and I cannot get rid of it. I hate facial hair and I find it embarassing when I see that I have stubble, therefore, could someone advise me on a way to get rid of all the stubble, and to keep it away for a longer duration of time? Thanks.

Trust me, having facial hair is a good trait to have. A lot of women will say that they find facial hair on a man attractive, so embrace the facial hair. Unless you have a chubby face, or facial hair somehow doesn't suit you, you really should embrace the facial hair, shape it up nicely, and get a nice stubble.

Reply 4
Original post by AnharM
Trust me, having facial hair is a good trait to have. A lot of women will say that they find facial hair on a man attractive, so embrace the facial hair. Unless you have a chubby face, or facial hair somehow doesn't suit you, you really should embrace the facial hair, shape it up nicely, and get a nice stubble.

In my opinion it looks dirty and makes the man appear less professional than if he were to shave off his facial hair.
Reply 5
Original post by Wilfred Little
Rinse your face with warm water, apply foam and use a cut throat razor & go against the grain.

Thanks, I will attempt to follow your advice.

Beards are hawt...

Egh please leave it on, it will make you 100% more attractive especially since your 16. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
With all due respect, OP, you're only sixteen, give it at least three years and you'll realise why being able to grow facial hair is a good thing. Girls love it, I certainly do anyway, makes a guy look more manly in my opinion.

Having said that, I've seen seriously good-looking guys with no facial hair, they're still hot but there's something about a guy with a beard.
Reply 8
Original post by saarah_
With all due respect, OP, you're only sixteen, give it at least three years and you'll realise why being able to grow facial hair is a good thing. Girls love it, I certainly do anyway, makes a guy look more manly in my opinion.

Having said that, I've seen seriously good-looking guys with no facial hair, they're still hot but there's something about a guy with a beard.

If I may ask, why? In my opinion facial hair makes a man appear lazy, dirty and unprofessional. How can that be attractive?
Reply 9
If I may ask, why? In my opinion facial hair makes a man appear lazy, dirty and unprofessional. How can that be attractive?

It's not dirty if he looks like he looks after himself and trims his beard on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it is but girls just seem to like guys with beards.
Original post by saarah_
It's not dirty if he looks like he looks after himself and trims his beard on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it is but girls just seem to like guys with beards.

Okay, fair enough, but in my opinion, facial hair looks dirty.
Reply 11
I dislike it as well. I shave every other day so that it grows a bit then the razor can get a good cut on it and it is more or less fully gone. Luckily the day inbetween is where i'm only at college for a couple of lessons rather than a full day so my appearance matters less.
Well aren't you lucky, I'm on the wrong side of 20 (22 infact) now and still can't grow a proper beard, I'd love to have a good beard, mine just ends up all patchy :frown:
In my opinion it looks dirty and makes the man appear less professional than if he were to shave off his facial hair.

I've been told that stubble looks dirty and if you can't get rid of all the hair then just grow a beard. Just make sure you keep it trimmed and tidy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

You have to shape it up, and maintain the facial hair at a decent length, such as these:

A beard looks much more attractive on a guy than without one, so embrace it, stop rejecting the truth.
Reply 15
Original post by AnharM
You have to shape it up, and maintain the facial hair at a decent length, such as these:

A beard looks much more attractive on a guy than without one, so embrace it, stop rejecting the truth.

Omdsss that last guys face! :love:

but OP... Facial hair looks so attractive on guys :daydreaming:
Reply 16
Original post by IqraHaq
Omdsss that last guys face! :love:

but OP... Facial hair looks so attractive on guys :daydreaming:

Haha, somehow I knew you'd comment on the last guy :wink: :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by AnharM
Haha, somehow I knew you'd comment on the last guy :wink: :tongue:

Looooool yup :daydreaming: you seem his face tho? :love: ahaha
Reply 18