The Student Room Group

Would resitting a year make me less likely to be employed?

Due to health reasons I've done very badly at uni this year, I just finished my 2nd year of the mpharm course, and I deferred my first attempts at the exams till August, but since I missed so many lectures throughout the year I'm still worried that I'll fail them and have to resit the whole of second year. How will this affect me, I'm worried that placements and prereg places will see me as a failure and not want me if I've resat a year :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
Due to health reasons I've done very badly at uni this year, I just finished my 2nd year of the mpharm course, and I deferred my first attempts at the exams till August, but since I missed so many lectures throughout the year I'm still worried that I'll fail them and have I resit the whole of second year. How will this affect me, I'm worried that placements and prereg places will see me as a failure and not want me if I've resat a year :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This might be a blessing in disguise, do you really want to study the course?
Reply 2
Original post by ando181
This might be a blessing in disguise, do you really want to study the course?

I do, though I'm starting to think that maybe I'm not cut out for it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Reply 5
Anyone? Feeling like I'm just going to end up being kicked out of uni :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I was in the place last year when I was studying medicine, my suggestion would be to speak to your personal tutor or another member of staff at your university. If you explain your situation then they will give you suggestions on what you should do. If they know about your problems it is unlikely that they will just kick you off the course.

From my experience universities let you re- take the year if you have had health problems. I suggest you let them know as soon as possible because if you don't pass then they may just think you are making the health problems up as an excuse because you failed.

Quick Reply

Latest