The Student Room Group

Jihadists Ahoy !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-28116575

There has been a lot of media coverage about men from Britain swanning off to Syria to get involved in a war which really has nothing to do with them.

(This also happened in the Iraq and Afghan conflicts, but they were called the British army and so were sanctioned by the Crown to go and kill people..but i digress)

This only illustrates what some ethnic communities are all about. They are simply ghettos and closed communities which refuse to integrate and think they can operate in isolation to their host country.

If that is their choice then fine.

If it were up to me, i would be running free planes to Syria from Britain and letting all wannabee Jihadists fly for reduced rates. I would be photographing and finger printing them as they left the country and i would make sure that they never re-enter this country again.

They are the enemy within and its about time we took off the kid gloves and purged this country of these troublesome people.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck becoming PM sir.
Reply 2
The Gulf States have pretty much done that over the past few decades and without fail it has always come back to bite them hard.
Every single person who went off to Syria to fight for ISIS or anything similar should be tried for treason, and have their citizenship revoked indefinitely.
Original post by Limpopo

If it were up to me, i would be running free planes to Syria from Britain and letting all wannabee Jihadists fly for reduced rates. I would be photographing and finger printing them as they left the country and i would make sure that they never re-enter this country again.

They are the enemy within and its about time we took off the kid gloves and purged this country of these troublesome people.

I agree.

It's also a matter of some interest why they came here at all in the first place. If they hate this country so much, why don't they **** off home?

Do they think it's just an accident of history that this country is so advanced, that it is so nice to live here compared to where they're from?
Original post by felamaslen
Every single person who went off to Syria to fight for ISIS or anything similar should be tried for treason, and have their citizenship revoked indefinitely.

I'm unsure whether they could be tried for treason per se, the offence of treason may not encompass their actions. The relevant provision in the Treason Act 1351 would be "adhering to the King's enemies" given they have not "levied war" against the crown.

Could ISIS be considered one of the King's (Queen's) enemies? They are a banned group but we have not fought them on the battlefield.

However, we could pass an act with a new offence of fighting for an alien power or for a power that is fighting one of Her Majesty's allies (which Iraq is). Either way, these scumbags should not be allowed to return to the country.

If they love the caliphate so much, let them bloody well stay there. They can't be allowed to go and engage in terrorist battles, and then return to the comfort of Britain. Effect such a law and I guarantee you, we will see how soft these losers are. They will whine and complain, they will say their human rights have been violated.

They are soft, weak. They can't hack the sacrifices they purported to sign up for.
These "Jihadists" you claim you'd fingerprint and such, are off to fight in wars against a democratically elected president, and will be fighting with the likes of which both the US and UK government are supporting. The former now gearing toward actually training and arming them.
Original post by MostUncivilised
I'm unsure whether they could be tried for treason per se, the offence of treason may not encompass their actions. The relevant provision in the Treason Act 1351 would be "adhering to the King's enemies" given they have not "levied war" against the crown.

Could ISIS be considered one of the King's (Queen's) enemies? They are a banned group but we have not fought them on the battlefield.

However, we could pass an act with a new offence of fighting for an alien power or for a power that is fighting one of Her Majesty's allies (which Iraq is). Either way, these scumbags should not be allowed to return to the country.

If they love the caliphate so much, let them bloody well stay there. They can't be allowed to go and engage in terrorist battles, and then return to the comfort of Britain. Effect such a law and I guarantee you, we will see how soft these losers are. They will whine and complain, they will say their human rights have been violated.

They are soft, weak. They can't hack the sacrifices they purported to sign up for.

If jihadists are not committing treason as it is defined in our laws, then our treason laws must be updated. In fact they should be updated anyway, because when I say "treason" I am not referring to some medieval concept of going against the (illegitimate) rule of the King, but an alliance with the enemies of democracy and civilisation. In other words, I could not care less whether or not somebody is an enemy of the King or Queen. What matters is that they are an enemy of global civilisation.

I admire your optimism, but I would feel uneasy about allowing jihadist totalitarians to live freely in the UK. Barring them from re-entry would send a message that the UK does not tolerate medieval religious fascism.
If jihadists are not committing treason as it is defined in our laws, then our treason laws must be updated. In fact they should be updated anyway, because when I say "treason" I am not referring to some medieval concept of going against the (illegitimate) rule of the King, but an alliance with the enemies of democracy and civilisation. In other words, I could not care less whether or not somebody is an enemy of the King or Queen. What matters is that they are an enemy of global civilisation.

As a traditionalist of sorts, I'd rather retain the old definition of treason and merely enact a new offence with a suitable name (like "Adhering to and fighting for the enemies of mankind", or some such thing)

I agree they are enemies of civilisation, and of our country. In terms of the King/Queen, I am a tentative republican so the point isn't the monarch, it's that the crown is representative of the British demos, if someone is levying war against the King they are levying war against us all.

I admire your optimism, but I would feel uneasy about allowing jihadist totalitarians to live freely in the UK. Barring them from re-entry would send a message that the UK does not tolerate medieval religious fascism

I completely agree, I have the same uneasiness. I think they should be barred from returning, I just have a slightly different view about the legal mechanism by which to effect this.
Just an FYI to those talking about these guys coming home, most have no intention of coming home or will be killed before the prospect occurs.

Plus it's not too different from people who went off to the Spanish civil war and so forth. Some young lads just like the adventure of war, even if some do return it doesn't make them extremists so much as it just means they wanted an 'adventure holiday'.

But yeah, I dunno how ISIS impacts the threat of terrorism on our soil but I doubt it's been substantially improved.

The true believer nutters will be happy in their new paradise on Earth under ISIS and don;t see themselves as British and care not to return.
Original post by MostUncivilised
As a traditionalist of sorts, I'd rather retain the old definition of treason and merely enact a new offence with a suitable name (like "Adhering to and fighting for the enemies of mankind", or some such thing)

I agree they are enemies of civilisation, and of our country. In terms of the King/Queen, I am a tentative republican so the point isn't the monarch, it's that the crown is representative of the British demos, if someone is levying war against the King they are levying war against us all.

I completely agree, I have the same uneasiness. I think they should be barred from returning, I just have a slightly different view about the legal mechanism by which to effect this.

I see, so the crown is merely a metaphor in your view. Fair enough. I also think that treason is perhaps an outdated concept which is prone to misinterpretation, so maybe an alliance between free nations would be a better idea (somewhat like the UN, but with principles). This group could then designate certain groups (like ISIS) as part of the enemy, and in that way justify a ban on people going to fight for them (right now it would be illegal not to let many of the jihadists back into the country, and this situation is insane). I still think that we (on the whole) are far too willing to think in terms of group identity rather than ideas and individuals (so when I suggest treason, the immediate response from many is that I am talking about treason against British people, when really I mean treason against all free people).
Original post by Reece Sure
These "Jihadists" you claim you'd fingerprint and such, are off to fight in wars against a democratically elected president, and will be fighting with the likes of which both the US and UK government are supporting. The former now gearing toward actually training and arming them.

People can find this information for themselves so easily but sadly choose not to. This will go in one ear and out the other..
Reply 12
Original post by SophiaLDN
People can find this information for themselves so easily but sadly choose not to. This will go in one ear and out the other..

I agree they do appear to be arming and training them. I dont support or speak for Government. I am the common man in the UK, a reasonable person. The man on the Clapham omnibus.
Original post by Limpopo
I agree they do appear to be arming and training them. I dont support or speak for Government. I am the common man in the UK, a reasonable person. The man on the Clapham omnibus.

Then we need more people like you. By arming and training them, thousands more of innocent people, women, men & children would be murdered and displaced. An attack would be on the horizon in the USA for sure by arming and training these people. Look at Osama Bin Laden & his group who were previously armed and trained by the CIA to fight the Soviets. You cant control where weapons end up. They should spend that money on the American people who desperately need it especially in this economy.

The man on the Clapham omnibus! I haven't heard anyone use that phrase in a very long time! :colondollar:
Reply 14
Original post by SophiaLDN
Then we need more people like you. By arming and training them, thousands more of innocent people, women, men & children would be murdered and displaced. An attack would be on the horizon in the USA for sure by arming and training these people. Look at Osama Bin Laden & his group who were previously armed and trained by the CIA to fight the Soviets. You cant control where weapons end up. They should spend that money on the American people who desperately need it especially in this economy.

The man on the Clapham omnibus! I haven't heard anyone use that phrase in a very long time! :colondollar:

We are in agreement Sophia..American foreign policy has often bewildered me. The US is such a vast continent full of contrasts, space and many good things. The people are generally very conservative and traditional and yet every now and then, their leaders up on Capitol Hill decide that they wish certain parts of the world to share their traditional values and version of democracy with other peoples and nationals whether they want it or not.

And so they get involved in crazy situations like a reasonable chap in the street intervening between a drunken man and his wife street fighting on a saturday night and end up coming out of it worse and being blamed!

I cannot help but think it is either gross stupidity or naivety of the ways, lifestyles, cultures and religions of johnny foreigner which are so alien to US leaders and peoples that they cannot comprehend them.

Even worse, where the US goes, its lapdog must follow.

I say let middle eastern peoples, nations and leaders fix their own problems. If that means bloodshed then so be it. Eventually the dust will settle and some kind of leadership/ equilibrium will be restored. Contain it in their own territory,thats the important thing, dont let it spill over into our way of life. Support refugees if they flee as long as they dont flee here.

People need to know that for actions there are consequences.
I keep hearing quotes in the media from politicians and think tanks worried about what will happen if these jihadists are allowed to return to the UK.

Why would you even consider letting them back in? They are fifth columnist conspirators.

Agree 100%
I agree they shouldn't be allowed back, they aren't the sort of people I'd want in the country. Not that I couldn't say the same for the British army but hey ho.
Do the intelligence services believe they can keep track of these people abroad. If not then id let them back since that's what's most important to me.
Reply 18
Original post by Rakas21
Do the intelligence services believe they can keep track of these people abroad. If not then id let them back since that's what's most important to me.

They seem to be quite capable of keeping track of trade Unionists at rallies, new age travellers, people who protest about x/y/z on the streets of london..i.e ordinary subjects of the crown.
Original post by redferry
I agree they shouldn't be allowed back, they aren't the sort of people I'd want in the country. Not that I couldn't say the same for the British army but hey ho.

Comparing the British Army who are sworn and committed to protecting the very freedoms which you enjoy with Jihadi terrorists is absolutely disgusting. You really are a wretched person. I would deport you too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending