The Student Room Group

Are these good choices?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Groundearth
You've completely missed the point of what I was trying to say; you cannot grasp the difference between 'non-needed' and 'discouraged.' Encouraging somebody not to do something is telling them not to do it; none of your links say that at all and you're going to have to have a better grasp of vocabulary than at present if you want to be an accountant.

But as I said, they do not demand maths. People were saying they were, and having done my research. I know that they don't. So I was simply showing yourself and others that, it isn't a required thing. As people were claiming.
And don't worry about my understanding of English or vocabulary. But I do suggest you go back and read what people were saying. You asked me to show you, and I have.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DebkoX
But as I said, they do not demand maths. People were saying they were, and having done my research. I know that they don't. So I was simply showing yourself and others that, it isn't a required thing. As people were claiming.
And don't worry about my understanding of English or vocabulary. But I do suggest you go back and read what people were saying. You asked me to show you, and I have.

Again, you've missed the point. I didn't ask you for a course where maths wasn't required, I asked you for a course where it is actively not encouraged, i.e. telling people not to choose maths because of whatever reason. It is not needed, but no course has actually said that it would be a disadvantage to pick it or that it would be a bad decision to pick it.
Reply 22
Original post by Groundearth
Again, you've missed the point. I didn't ask you for a course where maths wasn't required, I asked you for a course where it is actively not encouraged, i.e. telling people not to choose maths because of whatever reason. It is not needed, but no course has actually said that it would be a disadvantage to pick it or that it would be a bad decision to pick it.

Oh yes. You're right there, I'll admit my mistake. None of them block it, naturally. I do admit my error here.
Reply 23
You have made good choices for the route which you wish to go down. If you wish to go into finance then increasingly employers are looking at history over something traditional such as business. This is what I've been told by universities and tutors at my school who say that companies went to the History students first while all the business students looked on with puzzled faces. This is most likely because history students develop analytical skills and are more well rounded individuals. Certainly of that list of subjects history is one of the ones which I would strongly persuade you towards.

I would advise you against Photography as most universities consider it a 'non A-level' and as such it won't be considered as part of your application.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Jacob-C
You have made good choices for the route which you wish to go down. If you wish to go into finance then increasingly employers are looking at history over something traditional such as business. This is what I've been told by universities and tutors at my school who say that companies went to the History students first while all the business students looked on with puzzled faces. This is most likely because history students develop analytical skills and are more well rounded individuals. Certainly of that list of subjects history is one of the ones which I would strongly persuade you towards.

I would advise you against Photography as most universities consider it a 'non A-level' and as such it won't be considered as part of your application.

Thank you. The choices are:
English L&L
History
Business
Politics (The Wildcard)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending