The Student Room Group

Best book you've ever read?

Just curious is all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arcticmonkeyz
Just curious is all

My favourite is probably Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman.

For Fiction anyway.

Bad Science/Bad Pharma By Ben Goldacre are my favourite non-fiction books.

(Moving this to the book sub-forum of Entertainment for you to get more/better replies)
Personal favourite is Gulliver's travels :h:
Reply 3
Haruki Murakami "After Dark"
Reply 4
I've not read in years but my favourites that spring to mind are Stephen Kings Pet Semetary and Salems Lot. I was a huge fan of Stephen King when I was younger but as I got older, I stopped reading books.
Reply 5
On the Road by Kerouac.
It's hard to choose, however, I'd have to say Brave New World :biggrin:
Da Vinci Code.
Harry Potter
Reply 9
da vinci code
Reply 10
Darren Shan The Vampire`s Assistant
Wow, well I have read quite a lot of books and I can honestly say I couldn't name a favourite, even for each genre. However, several were particularly thought-provoking like King Lear (despite being a play), Speak and Before I Go To Sleep being a few
The Old Man and the Sea, Hemingway
The perks of being a wallflower, Stephen Chbosky

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really difficult to choose just one, but I would have to say The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. I love how you see the world from a different perspective and it is fantastically well written.
Original post by llamaspoon
It's really difficult to choose just one, but I would have to say The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. I love how you see the world from a different perspective and it is fantastically well written.

Dude, I love that book most definitely in my top five :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
"Lorien Legacies" series by Pittacus Lore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
1984 or an Anthony Horowitz Power of Five book.
Lord of the Rings series - Tolkien

First 'grown up' books I ever read. My 12 year old self's mind was well and truly blown!

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey

I had a visceral experience with Cuckoo's Nest. Book got chucked across the room a number of times, but it also made me laugh a load of times too. So good.

Quick Reply