The Student Room Group

Decent liquor to last a night under £15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
Then mix it with Ammonia.

Why would I want to ruin perfectly good bleach?
The Germans do a cheap daily drinking brandy called Asbach. Even a student would struggle to drink a whole bottle in an evening. As cheap as chips and very drinkable.
Tbf Smirnoff isn't that expensive and it can be mixed with basically anything. Unless you're looking to swig the **** you could buy a smaller bottle, I have a 350ml bottle that's survived one party and is only halfway down.

Then again it was just me drinking it...

Whatever. If I were you I'd get Smirnoff. I don't know anything about supermarket own brand spirits, but I wouldn't like to try them.
Original post by Typhoon235
Tbf Smirnoff isn't that expensive and it can be mixed with basically anything. Unless you're looking to swig the **** you could buy a smaller bottle, I have a 350ml bottle that's survived one party and is only halfway down.

Then again it was just me drinking it...

Whatever. If I were you I'd get Smirnoff. I don't know anything about supermarket own brand spirits, but I wouldn't like to try them.

Supermarket brands can be very agreeable and cheap too.
Original post by Old_Simon
Supermarket brands can be very agreeable and cheap too.

You're a cheap ****er old simon
Apple vodka with mountain dew. 😍😍😍😍

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg get vodka !!1
ha me n my mates brought a bottle and we got smashed in a park!!!
Morgan spice, jack daniels, red/rose wine, sourz (mango flavoured), vodka standard etc.
Amaretto + coca cola tastes of dr pepper but with alcohol :tongue:
Tesco value voddy.

Don't worry it doesn't taste like vodka, just pain stripper (Y)

On a slightly more serious note, people who say they hate vodka don't often mean they hate vodka as a whole, but Smirnoff and other cheap horrible vodkas. That's like saying you hate wine after just trying Blossom Hill. Smirnoff tastes like crap compared to others.

Edit: I'm actually more than happy to drink Smirnoff with a mixer, it does what it says on the tin and treats me well the next morning. I'm just repeating the words of a Ukrainian who's in the past had vodka straight with breakfast.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Midnight Star
If you like Disaronno, Lidl actually does a really good cheaper Ameretto. However don't go with the Tesco version, as that really isn't anywhere near as nice as the original.

I'm pretty sure their Amaretto won an award or something, or it might have been their version of Peach Schnapps. Their version of Malibu is horrible so it's put me off a bit but if it's close to Disaronno I'll have to give it a shot!

Another idea OP would be to try Jack Daniels Honey.... Ohh that stuff is fine.

Quick Reply

Latest