The Student Room Group

I want my girlfriend to be more clingy

So I have been dating her for 2 months now and I really want her to be more clingy. By that I mean I want her to care more about what I do and where I am. To me it would show that she cares a lot about me. She says that she loves me but I want her to show it to me. Am I just being silly or do I have a point?

Scroll to see replies

how exactly do you want her to show it to you? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Start flirting with other girls.

This is not a surefire strategy. You may just get dumped.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I have been dating her for 2 months now and I really want her to be more clingy. By that I mean I want her to care more about what I do and where I am. To me it would show that she cares a lot about me. She says that she loves me but I want her to show it to me. Am I just being silly or do I have a point?

Nope I get what you're saying...
Do you ask her where she is? And tell her to be safe and stuff?
Reply 4
Original post by katbob
Nope I get what you're saying...
Do you ask her where she is? And tell her to be safe and stuff?

Yes I do but lately I have stopped because I might come across as insecure if I ask her but she never asks me.
That might just not be who she is :dontknow:
Could just be her. I've been going out with my boyfriend 2 1/2 years and I hate clingy and mushiness and wind him up if he's being all cutesie. She may just be the same, it's not the she doesn't care it's just shown in a different way.

tell her u want more attention

tell her what u want, simples
Clingy girlfriends/boyfriends are just awful. Yes it shows that she cares but it'll soon get to the stage where she'll want to be around you all the time, know where you're going, who you're seeing, why you're seeing them and you'll hate it. You can't force genuine love, if she's saying the words to you but it doesn't feel like it's genuine, then the chances are she's just not at that stage yet.
Had the same thing. While I would shower her with compliments it just felt like I wasn't getting the same back. Just depends on the girl to be honest. My ex wouldn't be over the top kinda person who needed my attention all the time but if she missed me she'd genuinely say that albeit happened infrequently.

Just put your mind to other things and see that there are other things apart from your gf. Then you won't spend that much time thinking about her and whether she's thinking about you or not and naturally she'll come to realise that you're there when she needs you and youre not just like there all the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael!
Clingy girlfriends/boyfriends are just awful. Yes it shows that she cares but it'll soon get to the stage where she'll want to be around you all the time, know where you're going, who you're seeing, why you're seeing them and you'll hate it. You can't force genuine love, if she's saying the words to you but it doesn't feel like it's genuine, then the chances are she's just not at that stage yet.

That is true, but what other ways are there to make your other half feel cared for and loved? I know she means those words because she was the first one to say it and it was genuine.
Reply 11
Yes I do but lately I have stopped because I might come across as insecure if I ask her but she never asks me.

Nope its not at all insecure.

Not even kidding but I'm worrying about mine right now, because he's hasn't replied for a while and he's out late :s-smilie:

Have you spoken to her about it? How does she feel when you ask where she is/what she's doing? Maybe you're doing it in the wrong way?
Be careful what you wish for..

Original post by katbob
Nope its not at all insecure.

Not even kidding but I'm worrying about mine right now, because he's hasn't replied for a while and he's out late :s-smilie:

Have you spoken to her about it? How does she feel when you ask where she is/what she's doing? Maybe you're doing it in the wrong way?

Well I thought it might be, but does your boyfriend worry the same way if you was out late and didn't reply?
She doesn't mind, she just tells me where she is and what she is doing.
That is true, but what other ways are there to make your other half feel cared for and loved? I know she means those words because she was the first one to say it and it was genuine.

Unfortunately there's no manual for this sort of thing. Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain things. Your best bet is to just be a good boyfriend. Be caring, considerate, make her laugh. But the most important thing is to not try too hard because you can't force it. I wouldn't worry too much, you've only been going out for two months. You've got a long time ahead of you! Just relax.
If she's not paying attention to you then maybe she's not interested anymore or maybe she doesn't want to put you off by acting clingy because APPARENTLY boys don't like clingy girls but at the same time they don't like girls who give them too much space SO HOW IS SHE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
Reply 16
Well I thought it might be, but does your boyfriend worry the same way if you was out late and didn't reply?
She doesn't mind, she just tells me where she is and what she is doing.

Yes I think he would.. Even when I'm during the day if I'm coming back from my friends house or something he tells me to be safe.
But I think its kinda weird that she doesn't worry? Or ask you where you are... Like I don't mean to be sexist or anything but women are supposed to have that "maternal" type worrying thing i know I haven't said that right but you get me right?
Original post by katbob
Yes I think he would.. Even when I'm during the day if I'm coming back from my friends house or something he tells me to be safe.
But I think its kinda weird that she doesn't worry? Or ask you where you are... Like I don't mean to be sexist or anything but women are supposed to have that "maternal" type worrying thing i know I haven't said that right but you get me right?

Yes I understand what you mean. You see that is the thing, it is one sided. Well to be honest I haven't really been out late or gone to party with friends since we have got together so she may only worry then.
Original post by Michael!
Unfortunately there's no manual for this sort of thing. Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain things. Your best bet is to just be a good boyfriend. Be caring, considerate, make her laugh. But the most important thing is to not try too hard because you can't force it. I wouldn't worry too much, you've only been going out for two months. You've got a long time ahead of you! Just relax.

That is the perfect advice mate! Thank you!
Reply 19
Yes I understand what you mean. You see that is the thing, it is one sided. Well to be honest I haven't really been out late or gone to party with friends since we have got together so she may only worry then.

And tbh I think I do it too much cause its beginning to piss him off lol
Do you want her to be more possessive over you in a way? You should definitely try and flirt more or something with other girls, but not over do it. Go out more, try and do dangerous things??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending