The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaLDN
Salam! :bear:

Wa alaykum salam!
Original post by themorninglight
I missed out on the new thread being made! :frown: (btw this is ArsenalObsessed in case you guys hasn't guessed)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome :smile: how did your exams go?
Original post by That_Hijabi
Wa alaykum salam!

Hows Ramadan treating you? I feel like I drink way too much water after iftar and regret it :frown:
Hows Ramadan treating you? I feel like I drink way too much water after iftar and regret it :frown:

Ramadan's good alhamdulillah!

Haha im te opposite! I dont drink much water (I eat so much) and end up becoming thirsty in the day and the cycle continuea
What? When was this made lol? I was supposed to take first post but at least it was a fellow Pakistani :biggrin:
Ramadan's good alhamdulillah!

Haha im te opposite! I dont drink much water (I eat so much) and end up becoming thirsty in the day and the cycle continuea

Haha me too, the cycle continues even though I promise not to do it again. I dont even eat much as I drink too much water and it fills me up :frown:
Haha me too, the cycle continues even though I promise not to do it again. I dont even eat much as I drink too much water and it fills me up :frown:

How did your exams go? And did you do AS or A2 exams? :smile:
How did your exams go? And did you do AS or A2 exams? :smile:

Im at Uni actually, just finished 2nd year so 1 year left to go! What about you?
Im at Uni actually, just finished 2nd year so 1 year left to go! What about you?

I'm supposed to be starting 2nd year in september but took a gap year so I shall be starting uni in september to study Psychology (with Arabic part time).

Quite nervous! Any advice when it comes to making friends in freshers week? :biggrin:
New thread. :K:.. I wasn't here for the grand opening.

I'm supposed to be starting 2nd year in september but took a gap year so I shall be starting uni in september to study Psychology (with Arabic part time).

Quite nervous! Any advice when it comes to making friends in freshers week? :biggrin:

Friends? Why do you need friends when you can study instead. What university shall you be studying at?
Reply 30
Asalamu caleykum, see la yahay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abdul-Karim
New thread. :K:.. I wasn't here for the grand opening.

Friends? Why do you need friends when you can study instead. What university shall you be studying at?

Its iqra lool
Its iqra lool

Oh, why isn't Secretnerd unbanned?

Goodluck! That sounds interesting, what Uni? Yes, I think many people (including me) over-think Freshers week and making friends. Everyone is in the same boat as you so dont feel nervous :smile: You'd make your initial friends either in the same class during induction etc or any societies you join. Although most make friends in their class. Dont worry, you dont have to make friends straight away on the first day, it'll just happen I promise you! :smile:
Oh, why isn't Secretnerd unbanned?

I can't seem to reverse my ban for some reason :/
Goodluck! That sounds interesting, what Uni? Yes, I think many people (including me) over-think Freshers week and making friends. Everyone is in the same boat as you so dont feel nervous :smile: You'd make your initial friends either in the same class during induction etc or any societies you join. Although most make friends in their class. Dont worry, you dont have to make friends straight away on the first day, it'll just happen I promise you! :smile:

Haha thanks for reassuring me :biggrin:

I'll be going queen mary's inshaAllah. Know of anyone who goes there?

btw whats induction?
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha thanks for reassuring me :biggrin:

I'll be going queen mary's inshaAllah. Know of anyone who goes there?

I'd advise not making friends. It may distract you from the main reason you chose to go to university and that's to study.
Original post by Umar1
Asalamu caleykum, see la yahay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa alaykum salam. Waa la wanaagsanyahay! How u been?

I'd advise not making friends. It may distract you from the main reason you chose to go to university and that's to study.

Hell no! I hope to make many good friends inshaAllah.

I feel like you think its impossible to get a first whilst having a social life at the same time. I know someone who got a first in law and she seemed to make lots of friends! :smile:
Reply 38
Wa alaykum salam. Waa la wanaagsanyahay! How u been?

Not too bad wallahi. Ramadan is going well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel like you think its impossible to get a first whilst having a social life at the same time. I know someone who got a first in law and she seemed to make lots of friends! :smile:

I shan't subject myself to taking that chance.

"Friends exist only to serve as a distraction from your life objectives." - Anonymous_Trader

Quick Reply

Latest