The Student Room Group

She hasn't replied?

Sorry long thread, but it won't take that long to read and I will really be thankful for your replies and will rep helpful posts! :smile:

Basically I posted this thread about a girl I like who has returned to her home country:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2723611&p=48381501#post48381501

...about whether to hand her a goodbye letter (not a love letter, just a 'friendly' letter).
I gave it to her, along with a little present.
3 or so days later, I haven't heard anything.

I wasn't expecting a response necessarily, but I was hoping she might message me and say thanks or something, just so I know I made the right choice and so I could resume contact with her.

But yeah, nothing. The same evening she liked a post I made on Facebook, and favourited a tweet I made.
The next day, (the day she left), in the afternoon/early evening (about 5 hours after she landed) she then liked two Instagram posts I put up.

This made me think that;

- She read and liked the letter, so was happy to like/heart/fav my stuff.

- Or she liked all that stuff before she had a chance to read the letter, and now she's read the letter she's tried to distance herself from me.
Today I uploaded a snap to Instagram that I knew she would like, but she didn't like it.
Maybe she's read it, and thought she'd better stay clear?

Or am I overthinking it, and has the poor girl just got a lot on her plate as she's only been home for 2 days and has loads to do, friends and family to see, and loads of leaving cards and presents to get through?

Should I simply message her and ask if she liked the card and gift?
Original post by Anonymous
Or am I overthinking it, and has the poor girl just got a lot on her plate as she's only been home for 2 days and has loads to do, friends and family to see, and loads of leaving cards and presents to get through?

Probably this. Give it a few days then whenever you speak to her again you can ask about it.
You're overthinking, leave her alone for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MrSupernova
You're overthinking, leave her alone for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by DivinityA
Probably this. Give it a few days then whenever you speak to her again you can ask about it.

Speak to her on the weekend, test the waters? I'd like to remain in contact with her.

Should I simply message her and ask if she liked the card and gift?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just send her a message like "hope you liked the card" and see what is her reply!

I wasn't expecting a response necessarily, but I was hoping she might message me and say thanks or something, just so I know I made the right choice and so I could resume contact with her.

One thing I've learnt. The more you give a fxck the less she gives a fxck.

Keep it cool, don't seem desperate and talk once in a while.
Original post by CemCakantemur

This is the sad truth of life.
Reply 7
Original post by CemCakantemur

True. At the moment I feel like I want to talk to her all the time. Haven't spoken in 4 days, and that's the longest I've gone without speaking to her for a year- I saw her so much.
Speak to her on the weekend, test the waters? I'd like to remain in contact with her.

Just don't mention the card, I saw the other thread. There's no reason to think she didn't like it. You'll just look desperate if you start bombarding her with message already. Yes, you want to keep in touch - that's understandable. However, at the end of the day, she's in another country now. You need to try your best to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by MrSupernova
Just don't mention the card, I saw the other thread. There's no reason to think she didn't like it. You'll just look desperate if you start bombarding her with message already. Yes, you want to keep in touch - that's understandable. However, at the end of the day, she's in another country now. You need to try your best to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about the present? It's pretty unique and something only us liked- should I ask if she likes it?
Or not mention either thing?
Reply 10
How about the present? It's pretty unique and something only us liked- should I ask if she likes it?
Or not mention either thing?

I also saw your other thread. Don't mention either. She'll either mention it or she won't, but if you mention it it's like nagging. Just contact her and ask what's it like being home, and that doesn't put pressure on her. :smile:
Original post by Bobbi!
I also saw your other thread. Don't mention either. She'll either mention it or she won't, but if you mention it it's like nagging. Just contact her and ask what's it like being home, and that doesn't put pressure on her. :smile:

Cool. Well she commented on a picture I posted on facebook a few hours ago- so she must be ok with the letter and present, and not trying to avoid contact!
Only thing is that what she said was going to be what I was going to use to start a conversation with her! Need another subject lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending