The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
big house. nice car. some bonds, and put 500mil in accounts, part offshore.
Split it evenly between my immediate family because £100 is too much lol
Reply 3
Reply 4
Nice apartments in London, NYC, Paris and HK would probably take up most of the money. Anything left would be put into mutual fund(s) for the future!
Reply 5
Loads of hockey equipment probably. Heck, I'd buy my own pitch. I would probably stay in work though.
Reply 6
Bet it all on Black obviously!
I'd still call up my partner and be like, 'we need to cook'
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'd still call up my partner and be like, 'we need to cook'

meth?
A new watch, car, house, a Gulfstream jet, a mediocre yacht. Then the rest would be put in offshore bank accounts and/or take part in some completely legal tax schemes.
Can't even wrap my mind round that kinda dosh.
I'd buy a Pacific Island, get a few surface to air missiles from the Russians, set up a no fly zone around my Island, and declare myself Grand Emperor :cool:
Original post by InsertWittyName
I'd buy a Pacific Island, get a few surface to air missiles from the Russians, set up a no fly zone around my Island, and declare myself Grand Emperor :cool:

100 million is not enough for that, sorry buddy.
Invest half of it in property. Could buy 100 student houses @ £500k each. 6 bedrooms each. Then assume they're full, £400 per month per room (10 months) £24,000 per house. £2.4m a year income - tax. So you'll be left with about £1.5m net profit (after allowances). Would have to employ a few people full time to run and maintain the property, so that'll probably take another £100k off profit but that means a constant flow of money without having to do much work yourself!

Buy a yacht, couple of houses and cars. Treat family, then sit back and enjoy the rest of my life whilst the money rolls on in!
Reply 14
Firstly: Donate 4 million to cancer charities and 4 million to child protection charities

Secondly: I would then spend 2 million on buying toys for children hopsitals and hospices on top of donating 1 million to them

Id find a way to end poverty too cos everyone deserves a good life

And finally I would split the rest between my family and friends and then whatever would be left I would keep for myself

Id do it all in that order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd buy my mum a house, give a sum to my sister and brothers so that they have enough money to basically get on their feet. I'd put some in an account purely for my education and money I'd need while do postgraduates. I'd invest money in medical research that I'd hope to be a part of. I'd also put money aside for a future house for myself. All in all I'd probably only need/ want 10 million of it. Most of the rest I'd give to charity, 100 mil is too much for one person. I don't need boats and a several million pounds house when my money could be put to much better use elsewhere.
Reply 16
Donate every penny to the Yes campaign.
Reply 17
Donate at least £20 million to charities then buy houses and cars etc maybe invest in something too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buy a relatively nice house in cash, nothing major - maybe £400-500k for a 3 bed. Buy a decent car, again nothing major, maybe an Audi A4 or Vauxhall Insignia. Live comfortably on £75,000, put £25m into an offshore savings account, and wisely invest the remaining £74.5m across multiple markets.

When I hit my lifetime target of £650m it's time to enjoy life, launch some charitable ventures, buy a couple of houses, some nice cars and maybe a plane and live comfortably in the caribbean and a lovely little cottage in Suffolk until I pass away. If I have any kids, I will leave them £100m each with the challenge that they must turn it into £650m in the same time or shorter than it took me.

What's left after that will be left to worthy charities.
Clear all family debts.
Use about 50million on building wells, schools, hospitals, other needed things in undeveloped countries and especially Palestine and Syria.
Sort the house out.
Buy mum and dad the things they need and want.
Take my family on holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending