The Student Room Group

Camera showing hot girls during football matches : is it sexist?

One of the great traditions of the world cup is showing the hottest female fans in the crowd and on top of that we also have lots of articles and TV shows debating which team has the best looking female supporters while the male players are being valued for their performance on the pitch. Same old story, men being judged for their achievements and women being judged for their looks. Right? Mind you, when the women in question realize the camera's on them and their (not so modest) outfits they don't exactly seem bothered, do they?

Sexist or not? Should we discourage the practice of showing hot chicks during football matches or embrace it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. It's fine
Reply 2
They show hot guys too. Some of those players :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.
Pretty girls are good to look at
Reply 4
http://gregfarrisfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-it-s-a-good-question-or-i-m-stupid-342fae.jpg
Reply 5
yeh
Nahh
Embrace it
Sexist or no sexist, but girls do what they do and guys do what they do. That's how the world works.
As someone said they show hot guys too, and they also show kids and old people and painted weird scary people. They show everyone. Not that India will ever make it to the World Cup :colonhash: :grumble:
Reply 10
Original post by Maharaniii
As someone said they show hot guys too, and they also show kids and old people and painted weird scary people. They show everyone. Not that India will ever make it to the World Cup :colonhash: :grumble:

They do show kids and others , but it's when they look funny, act weird or have unusual reactions. They don't just show good looking men for the sake of it.
Original post by Den Haag
They do show kids and others , but it's when they look funny, act weird or have unusual reactions. They don't just show good looking men for the sake of it.

:\ they could just be celebrating underrated beauty in these countries...
Original post by Den Haag
One of the great traditions of the world cup is showing the hottest female fans in the crowd and on top of that we also have lots of articles and TV shows debating which team has the best looking female supporters while the male players are being valued for their performance on the pitch. Same old story, men being judged for their achievements and women being judged for their looks. Right? Mind you, when the women in question realize the camera's on them and their (not so modest) outfits they don't exactly seem bothered, do they?

Sexist or not? Should we discourage the practice of showing hot chicks during football matches or embrace it?

Its only sexist to ugly girls!
If women have no chance they hate on other women and use sexism as an excuse.

If i cant be in it , then i will make sure others are not, thats how women's mind work
Of course it is not sexist, what a bizarre statement to be made.
Wimbledon is worse... those players with their teeny skirts... those fans sweltering in the heat.... :fan:
Reply 15
who cares?
you lot are so damn boring its unreal
Reply 16
Original post by Doob
who cares?
you lot are so damn boring its unreal

This.
Why does it even matter, they're hot, they're eye candy, every sane male would turn and look at these girls if they walked past them in the street. I don't understand why people need to find such a small detail such a big deal.
Reply 17
Original post by Joshhh
This.
Why does it even matter, they're hot, they're eye candy, every sane male would turn and look at these girls if they walked past them in the street. I don't understand why people need to find such a small detail such a big deal.

I always lol at people trying to suppress basic human instincts that have enabled us to get to where we are as a race. Brilliant logic.
Reply 18
Original post by Doob
I always lol at people trying to suppress basic human instincts that have enabled us to get to where we are as a race. Brilliant logic.

Hahaha so true. I love looking at hot girls, If that apparently makes me a misogynistic or sexist p***k then so be it.
Most football fans are men. Most men like looking at hot girls. Get the **** over it.

Quick Reply

Latest