The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sociology at Sussex 2014 firmers

Anyone else (hopefully) starting Sociology as a single/joint honours in September?

Just decided I'd like to get to know some people beforehand :smile:
So exciting now my transfer's come through. Started reading some of the books recommended by the admissions tutor (who is super nice by the way).
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by SmallTownGirl
So exciting now my transfer's come through. Started reading some of the books recommended by the admissions tutor (who is super nice by the way).

Hey :smile: What books did they recommend? I need some summer entertainment! xD
Original post by Mzeykinns
Hey :smile: What books did they recommend? I need some summer entertainment! xD

They were just basic books because I've not studied sociology before. I went to the library and got some stuff out.
Reply 4
They were just basic books because I've not studied sociology before. I went to the library and got some stuff out.

Ah okay :smile: Well if you've never studied Sociology before, I'll just say...you will most likely love it :smile: I did it at A-Level and it's my absolute favorite subject. Hence why I applied for it!
Ah okay :smile: Well if you've never studied Sociology before, I'll just say...you will most likely love it :smile: I did it at A-Level and it's my absolute favorite subject. Hence why I applied for it!

I'm so excited about it. Hoping it's something I really enjoy.
Also super happy because I finally got next year's accommodation sorted. What's your favourite part of sociology?
Reply 7
Also super happy because I finally got next year's accommodation sorted. What's your favourite part of sociology?

I like a lot of it really :smile: I think I'm more of a theory person though, I always seem to get a good grip on theory :smile: But very much looking forward to getting the chance to do some actual research! :biggrin:

What accommodation have you applied for? I've gone for Northfield :smile: Haven't heard anything back about it yet but that's probably because I've got a conditional offer so that'll probably all be sorted after results :smile:
I like a lot of it really :smile: I think I'm more of a theory person though, I always seem to get a good grip on theory :smile: But very much looking forward to getting the chance to do some actual research! :biggrin:

What accommodation have you applied for? I've gone for Northfield :smile: Haven't heard anything back about it yet but that's probably because I've got a conditional offer so that'll probably all be sorted after results :smile:

Oh, I live in Northfield 3 years ago. It was nice but shaky and I lived with a few of lovely people (one who I still live with now) and some dicks (who kinda made halls hell - but don't worry about that, most people have a great time).

Because I'm not a fresher I'm not in halls. I've just paid the agency fee for a lovely house right next door (literally) to Sainsbury's Lewes Road.
Reply 9
Oh, I live in Northfield 3 years ago. It was nice but shaky and I lived with a few of lovely people (one who I still live with now) and some dicks (who kinda made halls hell - but don't worry about that, most people have a great time).

Because I'm not a fresher I'm not in halls. I've just paid the agency fee for a lovely house right next door (literally) to Sainsbury's Lewes Road.

Ah okay :smile: So I might run into you on the way to Sainsbury's? xD
Ah okay :smile: So I might run into you on the way to Sainsbury's? xD

Yep. No hills this year. So pleased.
You planning to join any societies or sports clubs?
Reply 12
You planning to join any societies or sports clubs?

Probably :smile: Not sure which ones yet though! What about you?
Probably :smile: Not sure which ones yet though! What about you?

I'm Equipment's Officer for Archery this year (was Comps Officer last year) and am Treasurer for QTBGLee this year (as well as last year). I did go to the Doctor Who society a lot last year but might not go much this year. Sometimes I go to LQGTQ stuff and Q-Soc (physics society) stuff too.
Anyone else (hopefully) starting Sociology as a single/joint honours in September?

Just decided I'd like to get to know some people beforehand :smile:

Did you get in?
Reply 15
Did you get in?

YEP!!! Got A*AB! :biggrin:
Has anyone got an induction timetable yet? All I've had is an email welcoming me to LPS and I've registered online...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending