The Student Room Group

Resources to self-learn chemistry?

Last year, I taught myself maths completely from scratch up to A Level Further Maths standard purely from dozens of free internet resources and from the official Edexcel textbooks.

This year, I want to do the same thing for chemistry A Level, and so I was wondering if anyone had a list of great free internet resources to learn from? I've already discovered chemguide and Khan Academy, but are there any others that are worth looking at? Textbook recommendations are also welcome.

My current knowledge of chemistry is probably at around KS3 with bits of GCSE here and there, and my goal is to gain a solid understanding of the subject at A Level and possibly further if required. My focus is not really on learning how to pass the A Level exams -- that's nothing more than a secondary goal to me.
Original post by Quivai
Last year, I taught myself maths completely from scratch up to A Level Further Maths standard purely from dozens of free internet resources and from the official Edexcel textbooks.

This year, I want to do the same thing for chemistry A Level, and so I was wondering if anyone had a list of great free internet resources to learn from? I've already discovered chemguide and Khan Academy, but are there any others that are worth looking at? Textbook recommendations are also welcome.

My current knowledge of chemistry is probably at around KS3 with bits of GCSE here and there, and my goal is to gain a solid understanding of the subject at A Level and possibly further if required. My focus is not really on learning how to pass the A Level exams -- that's nothing more than a secondary goal to me.

look at my sig ...

Quick Reply

Latest