The Student Room Group

Can I retake the AS I'm dropping

I'm applying for dentistry this September, but I think I'm going to get a B or below in geography, which is my fourth AS. Although I'm dropping geography next year, some uni's require an A in the fourth AS, so if I retake geography next year, will I be able to write that I am predicted an A in my UCAS application (assuming my college predicts me an A)?

Reply 1
Simple answer yes.

Long answer --> Why would you do that? You're incorrect in some unis requires an A in the fourth AS. What uni does that? if I remember correctly, manchester wants a b in your fourth as? That's when I applied anyway, things could have changed. And besides, as long as you get the 3As at A2, who cares about your fourth AS?
Reply 2
Original post by KatieeRuuuu
I'm applying for dentistry this September, but I think I'm going to get a B or below in geography, which is my fourth AS. Although I'm dropping geography next year, some uni's require an A in the fourth AS, so if I retake geography next year, will I be able to write that I am predicted an A in my UCAS application (assuming my college predicts me an A)?

Original post by Aillias
Simple answer yes.

Long answer --> Why would you do that? You're incorrect in some unis requires an A in the fourth AS. What uni does that? if I remember correctly, manchester wants a b in your fourth as? That's when I applied anyway, things could have changed. And besides, as long as you get the 3As at A2, who cares about your fourth AS?

Queen's Belfast and Kings want an A in a fourth AS as a minimum so if you want to apply to either of those two then yes you are going to have to resit. However, I strongly advise against this as it may impact your A2 grades which are far more important and there are lots of other universities you can apply to which do not need an A at AS. Furthermore, some universities will not accept any resits, that Includes whether they are done during the two years which you take you a-levels. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by slg60
Queen's Belfast and Kings want an A in a fourth AS as a minimum so if you want to apply to either of those two then yes you are going to have to resit. However, I strongly advise against this as it may impact your A2 grades which are far more important and there are lots of other universities you can apply to which do not need an A at AS. Furthermore, some universities will not accept any resits, that Includes whether they are done during the two years which you take you a-levels. :biggrin:

Oh yea, I forgot about King's aha! Was going to apply, but London is soooo expensive. Triple the costs of places like Liverpool and Leeds, both of which places I did apply for.
Reply 4
Original post by Aillias
Oh yea, I forgot about King's aha! Was going to apply, but London is soooo expensive. Triple the costs of places like Liverpool and Leeds, both of which places I did apply for.

It is absolutely ridiculous! I really want to live in London the atmosphere is great and I want to be able to zip down to oxford street or whatever but I simply cannot afford it, its infuriating! D:
Reply 5
Thing is though, the London atmosphere is one which you cannot get anywhere else in the country. If you can, go.

Quick Reply

Latest