The Student Room Group

Have I made the right choice?

Hi guys,

Just looking for some reassurance on my decisions.

I was given two offers from University of Leeds and King's College London.

Having visited both universities and examined both courses in great detail, I decided on the University of Leeds.

Although I realise that London is a great city and KCL is a reputable university, have I done the right thing or have I potentially limited myself for the future? I did like Leeds when I went and was much more impressed than went I visited KCL.

Regards
Original post by SLI09144416
Hi guys,

Just looking for some reassurance on my decisions.

I was given two offers from University of Leeds and King's College London.

Having visited both universities and examined both courses in great detail, I decided on the University of Leeds.

Although I realise that London is a great city and KCL is a reputable university, have I done the right thing or have I potentially limited myself for the future? I did like Leeds when I went and was much more impressed than went I visited KCL.

Regards

You have to go where you feel you'll be happy. Just because KCL is a fantastic university, doesn't mean that Leeds is not. You have to do what's best for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Coffeetime
You have to go where you feel you'll be happy. Just because KCL is a fantastic university, doesn't mean that Leeds is not. You have to do what's best for you.

Yes, but I assumed that University of Leeds is also good with it being a RG university, and will have good connections. I also felt that the employment prospects were better on my course than at KCL, with (according to Unistats) 80% going onto work and/or study compared to 90% at UoL.

I just wasn't happy with my visit to KCL, I was very unimpressed with how the department operated.
Original post by SLI09144416
Yes, but I assumed that University of Leeds is also good with it being a RG university, and will have good connections. I also felt that the employment prospects were better on my course than at KCL, with (according to Unistats) 80% going onto work and/or study compared to 90% at UoL.

I just wasn't happy with my visit to KCL, I was very unimpressed with how the department operated.

It is good! I'm American and I've had multiple people mention Leeds to me.
Reply 4
Bump

Quick Reply