The Student Room Group

He can rape me anyday

So I've been away for some while, and seen this craze about the guy with the attractive mugshot.

Then girls on twitter claiming they can rape her ANYDAY

Or that it wouldn't be rape because everybody would love it.
This surely goes against a)everything that feminists fight for and b) everything that humanity fights for.

This is what's wrong with society. Then to top it off. A brave American solider who jumped on a grenade to save the lives of others, hasn't been mentioned once, and you have to type half his second name in on Google before the result comes up.

This actually makes me laugh, because it highlights everything that's wrong with the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

The thing is, if there was an attractive woman who did that mugshot, and loads of men were saying things like that, women would be in uproar over the fact that we are misogynistic pigs :rolleyes:
Original post by Solivagant
The thing is, if there was an attractive woman who did that mugshot, and loads of men were saying things like that, women would be in uproar over the fact that we are misogynistic pigs :rolleyes:

Bravo young sir. It's only woman who seem to be in awe of this man, and they still believe he's a rapist, although he was accused of armed robbery.

I got my facts wrong as well. It was a British marine, and his name was George cross I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People are awful, are you only just realising this?
Original post by Solivagant

Damn I got it wrong again, he was awarded the George cross, and his name was Matthew croucher :smile: got there eventually haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
People are awful, are you only just realising this?

Haha, no actually, I was just highlighting a major problem with the world:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jakebarker1605
Haha, no actually, I was just highlighting a major problem with the world:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hardly a major problem tbh. It's wrong, but there's a lot worse things to worry about.
Damn I got it wrong again, he was awarded the George cross, and his name was Matthew croucher :smile: got there eventually haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair, Matthew Croucher is pretty well known. He's English, did it 6 years ago and released a book.

But I agree. There are a lot of double standards in feminism.
So I've been away for some while, and seen this craze about the guy with the attractive mugshot.

This surely goes against a)everything that feminists fight for and b) everything that humanity fights for.

This is what's wrong with society. Then to top it off. A brave American solider who jumped on a grenade to save the lives of others, hasn't been mentioned once, and you have to type half his second name in on Google before the result comes up.

This actually makes me laugh, because it highlights everything that's wrong with the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

Copying the twitter pics I see
Original post by Michael!
To be fair, Matthew Croucher is pretty well known. He's English, did it 6 years ago and released a book.

But I agree. There are a lot of double standards in feminism.

I hardly think it's the feminists (or at least not active ones) are the ones saying 'he can rape me anyday'.
In fact, it's not anyone with any education on the law. You can't consent to rape, unless it's fake role play rape with a safe word.
It's highly unlikely that any woman who calls herself a feminist would say 'he can rape me any day'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get this from uniLAD
I did get it from twitter. And I did try it out and I got to cro before his name came up. The page says it's from march 6 2014. That might have been when he was awarded the George cross, not when he did it.

And as well as doing it 6 years ago, I wasn't keen on world affairs when I was 11 so I probably wouldn't have heard of him then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by minimarshmallow
I hardly think it's the feminists (or at least not active ones) are the ones saying 'he can rape me anyday'.
In fact, it's not anyone with any education on the law. You can't consent to rape, unless it's fake role play rape with a safe word.

I'm not trying to turn this into a feministic rant. But I've yet to see a female come out and say that this is wrong.

I'm not saying that a female hasn't come out and said it's wrong, I'm just saying I haven't seen one yet. I'll still get abused for it though no doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, rape is when someone forces them onto you to have sex, without the person's consent.

The girl wants to have sex so it's not really rape...
Reply 15
i love it when women whore about.
I did get it from twitter. And I did try it out and I got to cro before his name came up. The page says it's from march 6 2014. That might have been when he was awarded the George cross, not when he did it.

And as well as doing it 6 years ago, I wasn't keen on world affairs when I was 11 so I probably wouldn't have heard of him then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, he was awarded it not too long afterwards about 5 years ago. I see your point, but the comparison about Matthew's fame is hardly relevant since it was so long ago.
I'm guessing they posted that because rape is actually a fairly common fantasy among women (and men too). But I get the sense that the women who posted it are the kind of people who become groupies for serial killers (boston bomber anyone?)
I'm not trying to turn this into a feministic rant. But I've yet to see a female come out and say that this is wrong.

I'm not saying that a female hasn't come out and said it's wrong, I'm just saying I haven't seen one yet. I'll still get abused for it though no doubt

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is wrong.
Happy?

I don't sit and search for the word 'rape' in twitter feeds just so I can respond to it. In fact, this is the first I've heard of this particular case. But you will get plenty of women who will have said that it's wrong under the umbrella of rape culture (i.e. a circumstance in which rape is being seen as justified or somehow good).
Please don't start a big thing about 'rape culture' as a general term anybody, an example of what we're getting at would be this, whether or not you think it's widespread.
Reply 19
it wouldn't be rape then.

Quick Reply

Latest