The Student Room Group

Damaged Certificates? Need proof for university enrolment.

Hi Everyone!

LSS -. Water damage to my certificates, need them for enrollment. in September what do I do.

Okay so I'm in a bit of a **** situation atm. My radiator in my room is above a little box that I used to keep my certificates in. My dad said that the radiator had leaked on to the floor and into the box, destroying my certificates so he cleaned up the mess and threw my damaged certificates away.

Even though I have an unconditional offer, and I have the results slip for the foundation course which I am doing they said that they need proof of all my level 3 qualifications, so all my AS/A level certificates for enrollment. What do I do?! Do I have to fork out for replacement certificates?

Thanks

Ayesha x
You'll have to get in contact with the exam boards and order replacements I'm afraid :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Contact your school and see what they suggest? good luck.
Original post by happysmile
Contact your school and see what they suggest? good luck.

Schools have nothing to do with this. Once the certificates have been collected, you're on your own.
Original post by Origami Bullets
You'll have to get in contact with the exam boards and order replacements I'm afraid :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked at the AQA website for another thread and it seems that you can only get replacements if you either submit the damaged ones, which OP doesn't have, or insurance claim documentation for the damage claim. It's the same with stolen certs - they require a police crime number reporting the theft. Without these, there seems to be no other option. Can you shed any light? I've suggested contacting the university for what they will accept, since the uni in question has refused an official statement of results, which the other poster does have.
Reply 5
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I looked at the AQA website for another thread and it seems that you can only get replacements if you either submit the damaged ones, which OP doesn't have, or insurance claim documentation for the damage claim. It's the same with stolen certs - they require a police crime number reporting the theft. Without these, there seems to be no other option. Can you shed any light? I've suggested contacting the university for what they will accept, since the uni in question has refused an official statement of results, which the other poster does have.

I have no idea whether the insurance that my mum has would cover the cost of replacements. Because my dad fixed it when i was out of the house and didn't report it to the council, there is no proof of the damage. I finished studying a foundation in art and design at DMU 3 months ago. I'm going to start my degree in September in illustration at Birmingham City Uni. Considering I am not a student at my college would they have my results slip from a year ago on file? I'll give admissions a ring and see if this would be accepted.
Original post by Pinkyluva08
I have no idea whether the insurance that my mum has would cover the cost of replacements. Because my dad fixed it when i was out of the house and didn't report it to the council, there is no proof of the damage. I finished studying a foundation in art and design at DMU 3 months ago. I'm going to start my degree in September in illustration at Birmingham City Uni. Considering I am not a student at my college would they have my results slip from a year ago on file? I'll give admissions a ring and see if this would be accepted.

As you can see, I'm referring to a thread in which someone in the same posiotion as you was told by the university that the results slip would not be accepted, but I don't know what the outcome to that story was. I agree that contacting the university has to be the first step, but I don't know what the second step might be. On a side note, foundation course results aren't automatically sent to universities as A levels are, so be prepared to send those to the university as well.
Reply 7
As you can see, I'm referring to a thread in which someone in the same posiotion as you was told by the university that the results slip would not be accepted, but I don't know what the outcome to that story was. I agree that contacting the university has to be the first step, but I don't know what the second step might be. On a side note, foundation course results aren't automatically sent to universities as A levels are, so be prepared to send those to the university as well.

Okay so I think the situation has been sorted. I rang the admissions and they said that I would need to get a results slip on letter headed paper from my college and that I could bring that to enrollment. Phoned up the college and they said that they could print that off for me and I could go and collect that. The woman on the phone said it was lucky that I called when I did because it's the last day of term tomorrow apparently it happens a lot more than people realise! Thanks for all your help!
Okay so I think the situation has been sorted. I rang the admissions and they said that I would need to get a results slip on letter headed paper from my college and that I could bring that to enrollment. Phoned up the college and they said that they could print that off for me and I could go and collect that. The woman on the phone said it was lucky that I called when I did because it's the last day of term tomorrow apparently it happens a lot more than people realise! Thanks for all your help!
I'm very glad it got sorted out. I wasn't any help at all, I'm afraid, but it certainly does happen a lot and different universities have different responses to it. Good luck.:smile:
Reply 9

You need to lose them, not damage them. Then you get a certifying statement of results which is the same as a replacement certificate in everything except name and will be accepted as such

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
You need to lose them, not damage them. Then you get a certifying statement of results which is the same as a replacement certificate in everything except name and will be accepted as such

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently the poster on the other thread had been told by their university that they wouldn't accept that, but I don't know how the story played out in the end.
Apparently the poster on the other thread had been told by their university that they wouldn't accept that, but I don't know how the story played out in the end.

I don't see why universities wouln't accept a certified statement of results from an exam board. It's pretty much the same as a certificate.
I don't see why universities wouln't accept a certified statement of results from an exam board. It's pretty much the same as a certificate.

It's not my opinion. I'm merely reporting what another poster was told.
It's not my opinion. I'm merely reporting what another poster was told.

Haha yh I know I was referring to how uptight some university admissions offices can be, not you personally :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending