The Student Room Group

I'm a muslim girl who's fasting. Ask me anything :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maharaniii
Would you ever date non Muslim?
And how do you get through fasting?

Conventional dating (kissing, holding hands etc before marriage) is forbidden in islam so I don't date. But in terms of finding a husband, no I wouldn't go for a non-muslim because Muslims are advised to marry other Muslims :smile:

I just get through it by keeping myself busy and trying not to think about food :tongue:
Original post by Proflash
1) why do you feel the need to make an AMA isnt like you've done anything to warrant one
2) what is the reason for writing 'muslim girl' in the title

Wow the hypocrisy and bias is UNREAL on this thread! Just wow. Why is this poor girl being asked why she felt the need to add 'muslim girl' in the thread title and not the others. People make these AMA threads including their ethnicity all the time, so why does no one interrogate them with these kinds of questions? I'm genuinely confused here :redface: someone please explain this hypocrisy to me?

I thought TSR on the whole had decent, nice, smart and accepting people. But I guess I was wrong. I don't mind the religious debates, I mean everyone has different opinions regarding religion and politics. But this. I can not tolerate. People being very obviously biased and rude and being downright hypocrites! There's a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims, the first I can accept and the second should not be tolerated under any circumstances.
(edited 9 years ago)
How hungry do you feel right now?
Original post by That_Hijabi
Conventional dating (kissing, holding hands etc before marriage) is forbidden in islam so I don't date. But in terms of finding a husband, no I wouldn't go for a non-muslim because Muslims are advised to marry other Muslims :smile:

I just get through it by keeping myself busy and trying not to think about food :tongue:

I ask because I date a Muslim lol And I am traditionally Hindu. However we are bit secular so of course you say conventional different thing, I see.

And I diet for vain reason while you fast for tradition and faith, I find very amazing :colondollar:
Original post by tillytots
How much weight do you loose when fasting?

How do you keep yourself busy? Seeing as snacking is often linked to boredom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe it or not but some people actually gain weight during Ramadan. They fast the whole day but when it comes to breaking the fast, they eat like there's no tomorrow xD
I try to eat in moderation so i think i lose about 2-3 pounds during ramadan

I just watch islamic videos on youtube and read a lot :smile:
Reply 25
Why do you bother fasting. It is almost starving yourself of food and water until night time. Seems pointless and unhealthy
Why are you so cute?
I have a thing for muslim gals with headscarves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaidan_alenko
How hungry do you feel right now?

Surprisingly not that hungry. I tend to get very hungry around one or two hours before we break our fast (so around 7-8pm). During these times, I feel like i can eat a horse :tongue:

Original post by Maharaniii

And I diet for vain reason while you fast for tradition and faith, I find very amazing :colondollar:

Thank you :smile:

I diet outside ramadan too but try not to starve myself lol
Original post by tammie123

I thought TSR on the whole had decent, nice, smart and accepting people. But I guess I was wrong. I don't mind the religious debates, I mean everyone has different opinions regarding religion and politics. But this. I can not tolerate. People being very obviously biased and rude and being downright hypocrites! There's a difference between hating Islam and hating Muslims, the first I can accept and the second should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Join date 2012...

bit of a slow one aren't you?
Wow the hypocrisy and bias is UNREAL on this thread! Just wow. Why is this poor girl being asked why she felt the need to add 'muslim girl' in the thread title and not the others. People make these AMA threads including their ethnicity all the time, so why does no one interrogate them with these kinds of questions? I'm genuinely confused here :redface: someone please explain this hypocrisy to me?

Thanks for defending me :smile: I guess that's just tsr for you..
Original post by TheKian
Why do you bother fasting. It is almost starving yourself of food and water until night time. Seems pointless and unhealthy

We fast from dawn till sunset.

I don't think it's pointless at all. Millions starve for days around the world. It teaches you gratitude and self discipline. I love the fact that i'm doing it for my Lord so it's worth it. But each to their own opinions of course :smile:
Original post by Proflash
Join date 2012...

bit of a slow one aren't you?

So you admit that you're the opposite of all of those qualities I mentioned then? Are you not gonna at least try and refute my claims, or do you accept them :confused:

I like to believe most people on the whole are nice people, it helps me retain my faith in humanity and keep my sanity. But you're right I guess, I'm starting to realise. Thank you for the life lesson :redface:
Original post by missfats
Why are you so cute?
I have a thing for muslim gals with headscarves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha :*
Original post by LeeMills77
That would be a superb answer except for one important point. It was wrong. They are red.

oops :tongue:

The other thing is most people create these threads out of boredom just to have a little bit of fun and then you've got people raging like "Why are you such attention-seeker!?" Some peeps on TSR just need to a take time out to chill.
Fasting helps you physically and spiritually.
Some examples:
Physically
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Healthyramadan/Pages/fastingandhealth.aspx

Spiritually
During Ramadan you give up halal things like food so after Ramadan it is easier for you to give up haram things
During Ramadan you are starving and are thirsty but you do not give in because you are doing it for Allah so even though you become physically weak your heart grows stronger in love for Allah
Reply 36
Have you ever resented your religion?
Original post by Ndella
Have you ever resented your religion?

Nope :smile: i've always loved my religion and always will. Ofcourse, there have been times where I questioned certain things but my faith is always restored because there's always an answer to my questions (either in the Qur'an or in a hadith) :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by That_Hijabi
Nope :smile: i've always loved my religion and always will. Ofcourse, there have been times where I questioned certain things but my faith is always restored because there's always an answer to my questions (either in the Qur'an or in a hadith) :smile:

That's great to know seeing as Islam has received such bad press recently. Good luck with the rest of Ramadam btw :smile:
Original post by Ndella
That's great to know seeing as Islam has received such bad press recently. Good luck with the rest of Ramadam btw :smile:

Thank you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest