The Student Room Group

I'm a muslim girl who's fasting. Ask me anything :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by That_Hijabi
Watching islamic talks on youtube, reading articles, tsr and reading quran :smile:

What a-levels do u do and how did your exams go?

Yeah I do all of that, but staring at youtube all day doesnt help, trust me it makes you way more tired!!

& I've done law, psychology, ict, and general studies, inshallah ive done well but im re-doing the year because i now know what i want to do in uni! How have your exams been?
Original post by hannahaf
Yeah I do all of that, but staring at youtube all day doesnt help, trust me it makes you way more tired!!

& I've done law, psychology, ict, and general studies, inshallah ive done well but im re-doing the year because i now know what i want to do in uni! How have your exams been?

Ohh right :smile:
I'm on a gap year and plan to go uni in sept to study Psychology. I also did psychology and law at A-level and loved them!

What do you want to study at uni?
Are you one of those (many) Muslims, who shoves their face at massive meals after every sundown?
Reply 63
Ohh right :smile:
I'm on a gap year and plan to go uni in sept to study Psychology. I also did psychology and law at A-level and loved them!

What do you want to study at uni?

Mashallah! That sounds very good! I may re-do psychology, any tips?
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Are you one of those (many) Muslims, who shoves their face at massive meals after every sundown?

Haha! in islam, we're actually advised to eat in moderation when we're breaking our fasts.

I try my best not to eat too much. Just enough to satisfy me :smile:
Original post by hannahaf
Mashallah! That sounds very good! I may re-do psychology, any tips?

One word - FLASHCARDS! You have to memorise so much (well in ocr, we had to remember 52-70 studies) so flashcards are essential when it comes to succeeding in Psychology. This applies to law too
Haha! in islam, we're actually advised to eat in moderation when we're breaking our fasts.

I am aware.

Good
Reply 67
One word - FLASHCARDS! You have to memorise so much (well in ocr, we had to remember 52-70 studies) so flashcards are essential when it comes to succeeding in Psychology. This applies to law too

Good idea. I was doing well in Law, yuno, rolling in the A's :wink: haha I'm just confused with what to do in life!!
Reply 68
Are your loins on fire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Are your loins on fire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol no
Reply 70
Lol no

Whaddya do when you get dat dere feelin risin up thru ya

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, what are you talking about?

You said you were fasting. I'm asking when will you slow down?
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
You said you were fasting. I'm asking when will you slow down?

2.5/10 :nah:
Reply 73
Why did you have to make a thread about this?

I think it's great your fasting and all but the questions asked.....
What do you think of atheists?

I find that after I break a fast, my stomach feels full after just a small meal. I tend to have that and then some fruit / dessert later on.
Original post by the mezzil
What do you think of atheists?

I just think they're normal people who have a different perception of the world to myself

(I'm OP, this is my actual account)
Original post by Secretnerd123
I just think they're normal people who have a different perception of the world to myself

(I'm OP, this is my actual account)

Fair enough
Anything at all

P.s please don't turn this thread into a religious debate :colondollar:

if u dont mind me asking what is the whole point of the fasting. Btw i am a christian and tried fasting but wanted to see a muslims point of view.:smile:
Original post by German123
if u dont mind me asking what is the whole point of the fasting. Btw i am a christian and tried fasting but wanted to see a muslims point of view.:smile:

Hey. I'm OP (this is my actual account)

Well, to answer your question, the whole point of fasting is

1. To prove our dedication to Allah and show we can do this for him.

2. To understand what it means to be poor

3. It also has many health benefits and teaches us to have more self control

During Ramadan we should also give more charity than usual

Quick Reply

Latest