The Student Room Group

Told a friend I like her.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SloaneRanger
You should use your friendzone advice in this instance, I have very little experience in this department.

Stop bullying the OP sloane.

Already traumantised jalepi
Original post by Anonymous
Stop bullying the OP sloane.

Already traumantised jalepi

I was just suggesting, he share his experiences. Its a rather traumatic thing, from what im reading to fo through. Its best to learn from someone elses perspective and it will make it more easier to deal with.
Feel for you son.
Reply 43
Original post by Bulbasaur
I don't get all this bull****. Seriously, why is telling a girl you like them a bad move if they like you back O.o

I am very much of this sentiment, I'd rather have not done it over texts myself but you've got it off your chest and it's no longer an albatross, worst case scenario is she doesn't like you back, best case she feels the same. Both situations much better than the uncertainty you had before.
So many immature guys giving bad advice here.

OP it sounds like you came on too strong. While you can't make a girl like you, you can give her time to actually 'come around' because it's likely from her point of view this is very out of the blue. There are a number of reasons she hasn't replied yet; she may be inexperienced with guys, scared of intimacy or even contemplating whether you're actually being genuine. You now need to diffuse the situation, make it more light hearted and take the pressure off. Keep it fun coz that intense **** will scare a lot of girls off.
Original post by Nomes89
So many immature guys giving bad advice here.

OP it sounds like you came on too strong. While you can't make a girl like you, you can give her time to actually 'come around' because it's likely from her point of view this is very out of the blue. There are a number of reasons she hasn't replied yet; she may be inexperienced with guys, scared of intimacy or even contemplating whether you're actually being genuine. You now need to diffuse the situation, make it more light hearted and take the pressure off. Keep it fun coz that intense **** will scare a lot of girls off.

10 pound says he is friend zoned
10 pound says he is friend zoned

Never!!! It is possible to make it through. Takes 7 years, but it is possible.

http://9buz.com/upload/ron_weasley_the_boy_who_made_it_out_of_the_friendzone_2013-07-15.jpg
(edited 9 years ago)
So long story short I told this girl that I liked her, and all the texts that I've had i've shown people and they felt as strongly as I did that she likes me,

I explain to her that I'd like to meet up and talk, she gets all worried and begs me to tell her what I want to talk about, so I tell her how I feel (felt so unconfident doing that I would've much rather she agreed to meet) this was 7hrs ago, and I haven't had a reply.

Should I be preparing for the worst when I wake up?

Have hope!

http://9buz.com/upload/ron_weasley_the_boy_who_made_it_out_of_the_friendzone_2013-07-15.jpg

What the OP does not realise.

This girl is replaceable.

They all are.

Right now, he thinks that she is the one, but when the next one comes along, he will be like...who?
Original post by fat_hobbit

They all are.

Right now, he thinks that she is the one, but when the next one comes along, he will be like...who?

Emma Watson is not replaceable! :eek:

Serious note, I completely agree!
Maybe it's because you told her IN A TEXT you fool. Never, never tell a girl you like them over the phone. It's impersonal and comes off as weird. Go see her. Tell her you don't want thing to be weird if she doesn't reciprocate.
Original post by Dani California
Maybe it's because you told her IN A TEXT you fool. Never, never tell a girl you like them over the phone. It's impersonal and comes off as weird. Go see her. Tell her you don't want thing to be weird if she doesn't reciprocate.

Why is it weird?

If a girl told me she liked me through a text, I would be flattered.

Maybe, you girls are a bit weird?
Why is it weird?

If a girl told me she liked me through a text, I would be flattered.

Maybe, you girls are a bit weird?

People have said it to me online, and it comes off as creepy. Don't know why, it just does. And yes, girls are weird, not even denying it :tongue:

They all are.

Probably best avoid marriage...
Original post by Le Nombre
Probably best avoid marriage...

Well divorce rates are high as ever for a reason.

Prenup lads, prenup.
People have said it to me online, and it comes off as creepy. Don't know why, it just does. And yes, girls are weird, not even denying it :tongue:

This thread keeps making me go anon.]

P.S.

Its only weird when you are not into the guy anyway, if you were really into him, and he goes "i like you", you will like it. If you see him as a friend and he says that, then yeah - it's awkward. Which is why the man has to walk way.
(edited 9 years ago)
This thread keeps making me go anon.]

P.S.

Its only weird when you are not into the guy anyway, if you were really into him, and he goes "i like you", you will like it. If you see him as a friend and he says that, then yeah - it's awkward. Which is why the man has to walk way.

Disagree, I think it comes of as stalkerish. I've just realised that me and the guys I know are probably more anti technology than the rest of you.
Well divorce rates are high as ever for a reason.

Prenup lads, prenup.

Without going into the details, pre-nups atm are about as useful as a chocolate teapot outside a very narrow range of facts, though that may change soon.

If you suspect your wife will run off with the money you're best placing your assets in offshore trusts, but obviously this assumes you can liquidate the majority of your assets, unusual in the UK given how much money is tied up in real estate.
Disagree, I think it comes of as stalkerish. I've just realised that me and the guys I know are probably more anti technology than the rest of you.

Then why are you using participating in a thread on TSR.

BTW always find it funny when I hear this - I work in tech. :biggrin:
Original post by Le Nombre
Without going into the details, pre-nups atm are about as useful as a chocolate teapot outside a very narrow range of facts, though that may change soon.

If you suspect your wife will run off with the money you're best placing your assets in offshore trusts, but obviously this assumes you can liquidate the majority of your assets, unusual in the UK given how much money is tied up in real estate.

Is that your plan then? You have really thought about this hard haven't you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending