The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amazing.
Yes the production log is the log book. Different schools call it different things.

Just wanted to clarify thanks ever so much
Living up to your Username
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Just wanted to clarify thanks ever so much
Living up to your Username

Totally :tongue:
(This is spacey368 with a new account)
Original post by Trent96
I am starting my EPQ soon and my teacher is asking for preliminary title. I would like to study civil engineering at university and was wondering whether this is a good title to help me get an understanding of the subject area as it is something I'm really quite interested in.
What is the best way to evolve our cities to cope with the ever increasing exponential growth in population?
I was thinking I could talk about floating cities and research the pros and cons of that and discuss smart cities and building downwards instead of upwards to produce downwards tower blocks burrowing into the ground.
Would this help me stand out when applying for civil engineering courses? and is it a good title for an Extended Project?
Thank you so much for your help :-)

I don't know anything about engineering but that sounds like a great title because it links to your future career but is still quite interdisciplinary and would be of interest to a lot of people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5183
What Title would i use for my EPQ which im going to start on the 14th July. I am doing the essay on the Icelandic geyser and the blue-lagoon. Also relating to the faction that in Iceland they use geothermal energy more than anywhere else. Any ideas?
Original post by Agdsten
I don't know anything about engineering but that sounds like a great title because it links to your future career but is still quite interdisciplinary and would be of interest to a lot of people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for your feedback :-)
Original post by Amazing.
Totally :tongue:
(This is spacey368 with a new account)

I've seen you under so many things I'm confused ngl
hey, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what question to use? as in which would be most interesting and appropriate. my ideas are:
what is the effect of language on culture? (i have quite a few ideas already for this one)
How far can literature affect society?
is interpretation more important than intended meaning in literature?
im leaning towards the first one, however i like the idea of doing a more literary one as i hope to study english lit at uni :-) any help much appreciated
hey i also want to do english lit at uni :smile: doing an epq too hopefully on anne bronte's life/works and whether her relative insignificance is justified (bit of an english geek :tongue:) ur ideas r rly interesting i like the last one best especially in terms of poetry eg in gcse we learned about ted hughes' hawk roosting and some critics thought it was meant to be about dictators but hughes said no, it was about nature, and then you can discuss does it matter what he really meant or can you take it to mean what you want?
Original post by EmergencyBagels
hey, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on what question to use? as in which would be most interesting and appropriate. my ideas are:
what is the effect of language on culture? (i have quite a few ideas already for this one)
How far can literature affect society?
is interpretation more important than intended meaning in literature?
im leaning towards the first one, however i like the idea of doing a more literary one as i hope to study english lit at uni :-) any help much appreciated

It's better to rephrase the questions:
- An investigation into the effect of language on culture.
-To what extent can literature affect society?
-Rather than rephrasing the last one, i think you should get rid of it altogether. it's a bit... meh.
I personally think you should go with the second since it sounds like you can be more analytical
Finding it difficult thinking of a topic that is to do with politics and economics (ideally both equally). Any ideas?
Is there a fixed mark needed for each grade (edexcel)? How many marks for an a*?
Original post by NikolaT
Finding it difficult thinking of a topic that is to do with politics and economics (ideally both equally). Any ideas?

You could do an EPQ on how much should the government regulate and control the financial sector possibly
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5192
Original post by jjpneed1
Is there a fixed mark needed for each grade (edexcel)? How many marks for an a*?

Grade boundaries are here. EPQ is Project Level 3. Looks like its usually around 47/48 out of 54 for an A*.
Is it possible to do the EPQ as a private candidate?
Any titles ideas on pharmacology/biology/psychology/bio sciences? any ideas will be very helpful :confused:
Original post by BWCW
Grade boundaries are here. EPQ is Project Level 3. Looks like its usually around 47/48 out of 54 for an A*.

Thanks
I do all scineces and maths but I got an A* at art GCSE and wish i could have done it at AS. So i wanted to do an Art related EPQ but don't really know where to start.
Any ideas for an art related EPQ/ how I come up with a title??
:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Siriuslyserious
I do all scineces and maths but I got an A* at art GCSE and wish i could have done it at AS. So i wanted to do an Art related EPQ but don't really know where to start.
Any ideas for an art related EPQ/ how I come up with a title??
:dontknow:

You could look at a certain style of art or period of art and how it was and how it has affected or been affected by the culture of the time :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trying to think of a title for my epq, I want to do something related to conservation. Any idea?

I thought about "Is the conservation of tigers (working/worth it?)"

Original post by xshockz97
Trying to think of a title for my epq, I want to do something related to conservation. Any idea?

I thought about "Is the conservation of tigers (working/worth it?)"

Maybe like

Are current methods of protecting tigers from extinction justified I dunno lol

Quick Reply

Latest