The Student Room Group

Peoples views of Brazilians

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jam278
The women are beautiful.

Well the majority have the typical brazilian body. I didn't inherit that trait unfortunately hahahaha
Brown people, Ronaldinho, sexy women.
Reply 22
Football, hot women, martial arts, poverty, religion, corruption, parties, crime.
The girls are hot, everyone is good at and loves football. People dance to samba, Rio carnival and Copacabana beach are great, but there's a big crime problem.
Reply 24
Original post by Maharaniii
Samba
capoeira
favelas
beaches
tans
sounds great :smile:

Its amazing! Such a beautiful country :smile:
Original post by Jenjen24
Well the majority have the typical brazilian body. I didn't inherit that trait unfortunately hahahaha

What's your other half between?

Them bodies :jumphug::getmecoat::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Abdul-Karim
The rapidly developing nations which include Brazil, Russia, India and China.

Ahh yeah! Hopefully soon it won't be a third world country!
Favelados with little chance of developing into a non resource-based economy. Also liveleak doesn't paint a very pretty picture of Brazil.
Reply 28
Haven't heard any stereotypes about Brazilians tbh.
Original post by Exon
Not what OP was asking for.

That's how I view Brazil as a country, developing. So I think my answer directly answers this part of OPs question:

I'm wondering what people think about Brazilian people and even the country itself.
I'm trying to be positive, but this excitement is really exaggerated. Yes, people are lovely, the landscape is unique, samba/bossa nova are amazing, the genetic heritage is spectacular, but Brazil is a third world, violent, unequal, racist and corrupt country. This kind of thread only reinforces for the outsiders an image of a "sexy and easy-going country", hiding the daily struggle of the Brazilian people.
Reply 31
Original post by Abdul-Karim
That's how I view Brazil as a country, developing. So I think my answer directly answers this part of OPs question:

Fair enough.
Original post by MichelBraga
I'm trying to be positive, but this excitement is really exaggerated. Yes, people are lovely, the landscape is unique, samba/bossa nova are amazing, the genetic heritage is spectacular, but Brazil is a third world, violent, unequal, racist and corrupt country. This kind of thread only reinforces for the outsiders an image of a "sexy and easy-going country", hiding the daily struggle of the Brazilian people.

Most (all) South American countries are corrupt. What's your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arieisit
Most (all) South American countries are corrupt. What's your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, that's incorrect. Uruguay, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, for instance, manage to maintain a good level of governance. And with all do respect to other South American countries, none of them comes close to Brazil in terms of corruption.

Brazil is richer than the UK, and almost 35% of that income is stolen from the public funds.

My point is, Brazil and the mainstream media are really competent in transmiting an image of a happy and fantastic country with minor problems, which is a lie. Brazil's corruption is a problem that affects others countries as well. So it is important to break this stereotype sometimes... people always think of Brazil as football-beaches-women-sex. Brazil is not a sex-tourism-tropical-football land, and their people don't want to be seen as such.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by jamez870
Not the kind of Brazilian I was thinking of...

eh?
Reply 35
And you say that you are half Brazilian?

yesss I am...
Reply 36
Original post by missfats
What's your other half between?

Them bodies :jumphug::getmecoat::sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

English :P
yesss I am...

Were you born in Brazil? Or have lived in there?
eh?

How old are you?
Reply 39
Were you born in Brazil? Or have lived in there?

I was born in England and moved to Brazil at a young age. Lived there for 5 years and been going back every year to visit family :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest