The Student Room Group

What's your favourite accent?

I absolutely love the welsh accent :love:. Aussie accents are cute too

Scroll to see replies

Polish accents are sexy.
Reply 2
Anything that is not the true, proper, one and only English accent (the only proper way to speak the English language) makes me absolutely sick, I'm absolutely disgusted by Northern accents and Midlands accents. Really horrible, extremely annoying and disgusting. They've taken the English language and completely ruined it, pissed all over it. I really hate accents and cannot stand people who talk in accents. If you're going to live in England, learn to speak English in the proper way!
Reply 3
Seeth Eefrikan
Yaaaay! Your back :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stinkum
Anything that is not the true, proper, one and only English accent (the only proper way to speak the English language) makes me absolutely sick, I'm absolutely disgusted by Northern accents and Midlands accents. Really horrible, extremely annoying and disgusting. They've taken the English language and completely ruined it, pissed all over it. I really hate accents and cannot stand people who talk in accents. If you're going to live in England, learn to speak English in the proper way!

Ok but they ask for "favourite." :smile:
Original post by Stinkum

Calm down. Its not their fault that they grew up in a place where they don't speak like the royal family.
Irish
Scottish
Boston
When Orients speaks English :biggrin:
I also love non Jamaicans who can pull off good yardy slang. Ok so Caribbean London accent :smile:
Original post by Stinkum

Loool... very extreme views
I love most of the Northern English ones. Scouse in particular, and accents from Yorkshire.

I'm like 99% sure mine is the most horrible UK accent though, lol. Belfast.
Australian and Irish
Canadian <3_<3

Ryan Reynolds, B Traits for example, I could listen to either of them for days
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I love most of the Northern English ones. Scouse in particular, and accents from Yorkshire.

I'm like 99% sure mine is the most horrible UK accent though, lol. Belfast.

People from Northern Ireland always sound like they know what they're on about, which is always a plus
Original post by Stinkum

As a Brummie, kiss my ass. Proper English sounds stuck up, unapproachable, and downright boring. Too the extent that it gets laughed at in cities. Now chill the feck out and go back to your farm.
Original post by Dani California
As a Brummie, kiss my ass. Proper English sounds stuck up, unapproachable, and downright boring. Too the extent that it gets laughed at in cities. Now chill the feck out and go back to your farm.

Brummie power! :fuhrer::fuhrer::fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chinese.

[video="youtube;L21KGPiVSbY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L21KGPiVSbY[/video]
Favourite accent, Italian. :perv:
Reply 18
London Accents and American Accent.

I can impersonate an american accent really good:biggrin:
Original post by Stinkum

That logic falls apart when you realise that the 'Standard' RP accent splintered from the actual original modern English accent, which sounded a bit pirate-y. That RP accent just happened to pop up in a place where important people lived. Always worth remembering when people get tetchy about the northern pronunciation of words like 'fast'- which was actually originally the 'right' one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

Quick Reply

Latest