The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Brighthelm House 14 - Hello Roommates and Neighbours

Going to be living in Brighthelm 14, room 4 so just saying hi - will be turning 21 this September, studying English Lit and Media (yay) and have an unconditional for it

Just wanna know my roommates and neighbours coz we'll be living together for a year
Reply 1
Original post by CHoCoH8r
Going to be living in Brighthelm 14, room 4 so just saying hi - will be turning 21 this September, studying English Lit and Media (yay) and have an unconditional for it

Just wanna know my roommates and neighbours coz we'll be living together for a year

Hey, turns out Im also going to be living in Brighthelm, but im in 10( Im guessing that means house 10). Going to be studying mech engineering and also turning 21 this year November.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by lee44
Hey, turns out Im also going to be living in Brighthelm, but im in 10( Im guessing that means house 10). Going to be studying mech engineering and also turning 21 this year November.

Well Brighton is the best place to celebrate and party for then lol, so many clubs and fun, it's one of the reasons I chose Sussex - you been before?
Reply 3
Well Brighton is the best place to celebrate and party for then lol, so many clubs and fun, it's one of the reasons I chose Sussex - you been before?

I live in London so I've been Brighton a few times. Never actually been clubbing threre, but everyone I meet says it great so looking forward to that. Sounds like you know Brighton well?
Reply 4
How did you guys find out where you're staying? Was it an email?
Original post by JayDog
How did you guys find out where you're staying? Was it an email?

If I remember from 3 years ago it was a letter. But if you've got a conditional offer then you won't find out until late August/early September.
Reply 6
I got an email telling me that I had been accepted into Brighthelm, then I had to confirm through the the website
Reply 7
Original post by lee44
I live in London so I've been Brighton a few times. Never actually been clubbing threre, but everyone I meet says it great so looking forward to that. Sounds like you know Brighton well?

I'm from London too, but I have a boyfriend and friends who live in West Sussex so oddly I've clubbed more in Brighton than London, but it has way more to offer than nightlife...but the nightlife is awesome
Reply 8
I'm from London too, but I have a boyfriend and friends who live in West Sussex so oddly I've clubbed more in Brighton than London, but it has way more to offer than nightlife...but the nightlife is awesome

Well in less than three months theres going to be at least three years worth of opportunities to see what Brightons got going for itself. Given that you already know a bit, maybe you can give me a head start on where to check out first lol.
Reply 9
Original post by SmallTownGirl
If I remember from 3 years ago it was a letter. But if you've got a conditional offer then you won't find out until late August/early September.

Ah I see, I've just finished my foundation year so it's probably because the exam board haven't made my results official yet.
Original post by JayDog
Ah I see, I've just finished my foundation year so it's probably because the exam board haven't made my results official yet.

Ooh... You been in Chichester?
Reply 11
No Crawley, Computer Science :smile:
Original post by JayDog
No Crawley, Computer Science :smile:

Fun fun. What's Crawley like?
Reply 13
I didn't really like it at first as I got the impression it's a bit rough and a lot of the locals came across as quite aggressive but as the year went on, it kinda grew on me a bit. I think it's the people that made the year enjoyable rather than the place if I'm honest. Although they do have a really cool cinema and some OK bars.

Are you starting first year at Sussex in September then?
Original post by JayDog
I didn't really like it at first as I got the impression it's a bit rough and a lot of the locals came across as quite aggressive but as the year went on, it kinda grew on me a bit. I think it's the people that made the year enjoyable rather than the place if I'm honest. Although they do have a really cool cinema and some OK bars.

Are you starting first year at Sussex in September then?

I'm starting first year again on a different course. I've done a year and a half of physics over three years and now I'm going to study sociology and cultural studies.
Reply 15
I'm starting first year again on a different course. I've done a year and a half of physics over three years and now I'm going to study sociology and cultural studies.

Oh wow quite the change up then? Did you study Physics at Sussex? I think I'd have liked to study Physics if I didn't do Computer Science :smile:
Original post by JayDog
Oh wow quite the change up then? Did you study Physics at Sussex? I think I'd have liked to study Physics if I didn't do Computer Science :smile:

Yeah. Been at Sussex for three years. Love it here. I thought I wanted to study physics but I was wrong...
Reply 17
Yeah. Been at Sussex for three years. Love it here. I thought I wanted to study physics but I was wrong...

Ah well I hope you enjoy your new course a bit more :smile: Are they allowing you to stay on campus again for your first year then?
Brighton is an awesome city :smile: that is one of the reasons why I chose to stay in Sussex! The shops are fantastic, but the lanes are the best part by far. You will find some great little shops and there are amazing places to eat, you will never be bored with food as there are some really quirky places. I have lived in Sussex all my life so have been to Brighton alot and I still get lost in the lanes haha. And the beach is just down the road! I am pretty sure it has everything you could want in a city.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayDog
Ah well I hope you enjoy your new course a bit more :smile: Are they allowing you to stay on campus again for your first year then?

I could (but only because I'm ill) but I don't want to. I had a hell time on campus first year with a housemate and I don't want that again. Also, I can get a full years contract if I live off campus and that's important to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending