The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yeah I did at first. Every paper has been saying it, surely Balague is not gonna come on ssn and say something that he just plucked out of thin air?

Ahh so you saw it too then! I just pray we give Barca what they want or near to what to the price because it's looking good atm.

Let's hope! He'll be an absolute crazy buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently we've made a 22m bid for Sanchez today. Whereas Barca's valuation is 30m. Obviously Wenger is looking to knock a couple of mil off the valuation. Basic negotiating principles.

Source: All the **** unreliable newspapers ffs.
Original post by Basiji
Apparently we've made a 22m bid for Sanchez today. Whereas Barca's valuation is 30m. Obviously Wenger is looking to knock a couple of mil off the valuation. Basic negotiating principles.

Source: All the **** unreliable newspapers ffs.

22m is hilarious; there would be a lot of haggling.

I think if Sanchez doesn't go to Liverpool in the Suarez transfer (looking less likely), it'll probably cost 35m for another team simply due to the interest in him and his World Cup performances.
Reply 9263
26 million for Lallana, while Arsenal are likely to get 22 million for Sanchez

Original post by trrr

How are Arsenal likely to Sanchez for £22M? Posting pointless digs at Liverpool is just stupid when Arsenal haven't even signed anyone yet.
Original post by trrr

A bit early we haven't even signed him...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
22m is hilarious; there would be a lot of haggling.

I think if Sanchez doesn't go to Liverpool in the Suarez transfer (looking less likely), it'll probably cost 35m for another team simply due to the interest in him and his World Cup performances.

So why did you guys buy Carroll for 35m?

Downing for what was it? 19m?

Lallana for 26m?

Sanchez is worth 25m, 30m max. Obvious like I said basic negotiating principles. You start off low...
Sanchez is worth about 30M at most.

People need to remember that the two seasons before at Barca he was trash and was only getting games because David Villa broke his leg and lost his form afterwards so it was essentially Sanchez, Fabregas or Tello for a position on the wing.
Original post by jam278
Sanchez is worth about 30M at most.

People need to remember that the two seasons before at Barca he was trash and was only getting games because David Villa broke his leg and lost his form afterwards so it was essentially Sanchez, Fabregas or Tello for a position on the wing.

He was trash because of Messi. When given freedom with Chile, he's a different player. But i agree, no more than 30, tbh i think 25 is a fair valuation.
Original post by TheEssence
He was trash because of Messi. When given freedom with Chile, he's a different player. But i agree, no more than 30, tbh i think 25 is a fair valuation.

Maybe so, but we know that people do well internationally compared to their club. Bendtner being the biggest example. So maybe it's not just a case of creative freedom. I reckon it's an issue of confidence personally. Martino gave him confidence and he shined last season.

25M is a fair price, I'd pay 30+ for Di Maria but he's not available ofc.
If I was Barca I'd be looking for a lot more than £25m - £30m, if you take his age, potential and bear in mind Fellaini went for £27m~.....

Sanchez, DM, CB, RB - AKB
Original post by Basiji
So why did you guys buy Carroll for 35m?

Downing for what was it? 19m?

Lallana for 26m?

Sanchez is worth 25m, 30m max. Obvious like I said basic negotiating principles. You start off low...

because our transfer committee are a little retarded.

nah man, sanchez is 30-35m for sure.
of course it's basic negotiation; that's why i said there will be a lot of haggling.

i'm not criticising bidding 22m, i'm just saying that you'd be laughing if you managed to get him for under 30m
Liverpool's little spending spree looks a little like Tottenham's last year. I think Suarez is out the door this window. I might be reaching though
Original post by kashman117
Liverpool's little spending spree looks a little like Tottenham's last year. I think Suarez is out the door this window. I might be reaching though

I disagree.

Lambert, who'll only be there for 2 years and is a fan of the club, and Lallana have played at the same PL club, are both GELs and shouldn't have a problem fitting in.

Emre Can is a bright prospect and cost just shy of £10m.

Apparently they're looking to buy Origi for £10m, but loan him back to Lille, probably until Lambert is finished.

I don't know what Levy was on when he decided that Lamela at £30m and Soldado for £27m were good deals.....

BR will get it right, but my biggest worry for Liverpool is whether or not Suarez's departure will prove too big for the club and prevent them from challenging for the title, leaving them in the good ol' race for 4th.
Original post by Stalin
If I was Barca I'd be looking for a lot more than £25m - £30m, if you take his age, potential and bear in mind Fellaini went for £27m~.....
Distinct difference when you buying something for sale and when you aren't.

Original post by Stalin
I don't know what Levy was on when he decided that Lamela at £30m and Soldado for £27m were good deals.....
Soldado perhaps but Lamela looked the business. 21 years old 15 goals in Serie A, would you guys be letting the Ox go for less than £30m, Chelsea Oscar, Liverpool Coutinho? Had a mare last season but he did spend half of it crocked.
Original post by kashman117

I hope this is the case :colondollar:

None of their signings so far worry me at all. Especially since they don't seem to want to sign any defenders.
Original post by Stalin
I disagree.

Lambert, who'll only be there for 2 years and is a fan of the club, and Lallana have played at the same PL club, are both GELs and shouldn't have a problem fitting in.

Emre Can is a bright prospect and cost just shy of £10m.

Apparently they're looking to buy Origi for £10m, but loan him back to Lille, probably until Lambert is finished.

BR will get it right, but my biggest worry for Liverpool is whether or not Suarez's departure will prove too big for the club and prevent them from challenging for the title, leaving them in the good ol' race for 4th.

I disagree Lamela and Soldado at the time were good deals. I'd still take Soldado at Arsenal, after this season some people think he's rubbish. I disagree he's still a very good striker AVB/Sherwood didn't use him properly. Even Lamela is still a good player but once again not used properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I hope this is the case :colondollar:

None of their signings so far worry me at all. Especially since they don't seem to want to sign any defenders.

Imo Can was a good long term signing for them and Lallana will have a solid season, but nothing to suggest they'll challenge like they just did
Original post by AR_95
Imo Can was a good long term signing for them and Lallana will have a solid season, but nothing to suggest they'll challenge like they just did

It's easy to say they won't be challenging for the title next season, but nobody expected them to last year either. I'm interested to see how Brenton handles the extra demands of the Champions League, especially if they get a group of death. He's never had to properly rotate his squad before. Still believe it's two from Liverpool, United and Arsenal for the Champions League spots as the lottery winning blue clubs have already wrapped up 1st and 2nd.
Original post by sr90
It's easy to say they won't be challenging for the title next season, but nobody expected them to last year either. I'm interested to see how Brenton handles the extra demands of the Champions League, especially if they get a group of death. He's never had to properly rotate his squad before. Still believe it's two from Liverpool, United and Arsenal for the Champions League spots as the lottery winning blue clubs have already wrapped up 1st and 2nd.

We didn't predict Liverpool to challenge because they usually don't but in an ideal world, when you have no Europe + Suarez, it made sense that they' did challenge in the end. Same situation doesn't apply for next season because of the extra demands from CL as you've stated, and if they're losing Suarez this summer, they're losing a lot of their sting which can't be bought back

Latest