The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by #Ridwan
Jeez, not another male feminist.

Yeah, I hate those men who think women deserve parity in society.

On another note, no it's not ok for women to make rape jokes. Rape jokes aren't funny.
Talk to her about it if it made you uncomfortable.
Original post by Kamenoko
Yeah, I hate those men who think women deserve parity in society.

On another note, no it's not ok for women to make rape jokes. Rape jokes aren't funny.
Talk to her about it if it made you uncomfortable.

Women have equality. Feminism has gone way beyond that and is now about oppressing freedom of speech, creating a sense of entitlement among women, and trying to acquire unearned privileges.
Reply 42
Original post by #Ridwan
Women have equality. Feminism has gone way beyond that and is now about oppressing freedom of speech, creating a sense of entitlement among women, and trying to acquire unearned privileges.

I see. Yes, please do tell me more about how the UK is a bastion of equal pay (Spoiler: it's not - ranked 18/27 http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/02/women-employment-equality-pay-oecd-survey)

Trying to acquire unearned privileges? Oppressing freedom of speech?
These are very big assertions. Examples please.
You're a young male living in the UK. You should be used to being treated as a rapist by now.
Reply 44
Original post by Phil2008
You're a young male living in the UK. You should be used to being treated as a rapist by now.

Eugh. Right, instead of whining about it, maybe you could do something to actually change women's perceptions of you. If you see you mates groping a women in a club against her will, tell them to stop. If your mates are making rape jokes, tell them it's unacceptable. If there was some positive male peer pressure to actually treat women like people rather than objects, then we wouldn't have the levels of sexual assault + rape that we see..
I would have been offended to if I had been you OP, I find rape jokes unacceptable and quite disgusting. I'm sure she didn't mean it in a bad way, she just had bad taste of humour. OP doesn't need to man up, I think it was perfectly normal for him to be upset by it.
The lady doth protest to much. methinks. :ninja:
Original post by Silver Arrow
OP you sound like a puss and your girlfriend will likely dump you in the next few weeks.

Sorry OP. This.
Original post by Anonymous
We were talking about going out for a drink and I said if you drink, I won't drink as someone has to keep an eye on you and she made a joke about me saying I might rape her.

I was seriously offended and quite hurt that someone could say that. I really despise crime, especially sexual crimes so I was hurt that she could say that I was capable of something.

Should I just take it on the head and "man up" or do I have a reason to be upset?

Talk to her about it? Some of the replied are pretty disgusting, I can see why you are upset. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, I think the relationship is doomed, you sound a bit pathetic, you can't have a few drinks because you'd need to 'keep an eye on her' because she's drinking. Christ, I hate that over protective rubbish, it's creepy.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Break up, I'd recommend focusing on your studies for the time being.

It was funny once, but I'd recommend focusing on a new unique phrase for the time being.
Original post by Phil2008

:lolwut:

Ever considered that it might just be you...who's treated like a rapist? Because no other young guy I know is...

Maybe you should look into it.
If he made a joke about raping her there'd be WW3 breaking out on here. Just shows the idiocy and double standards on here. Of course the OP has every right to be offended. You need to speak to her about this. Communication is key.
Also to all the people saying man up, sexism much? Why not woman up? Are we not equal after all or are man not supposed to get offended because they've got a penis and a set of *******s? What ludicrousness.
Original post by Drunk Punx
It was funny once, but I'd recommend focusing on a new unique phrase for the time being.

I strongly believe that I'm giving the most beneficial advice. An investment in your future earning potential is probably the most credible decision at this stage of one's life.
Break up, I'd recommend focusing on your studies for the time being.

This is why we are getting married karim.

Both of us aim high and study.
We are compatible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
This is why we are getting married karim.

Both of us aim high and study.
We are compatible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As long as you're willing to sign a prenuptial agreement and offer a refundable dowry deposit, I'm all for it.
As long as you're willing to sign a prenuptial agreement and offer a refundable dowry deposit, I'm all for it.

oh u PLAYA!!!1

How you're not knee-deep in poontang is beyond me.
Original post by Drunk Punx
oh u PLAYA!!!1

How you're not knee-deep in poontang is beyond me.

I often stay secluded in doors.

But the man has to offer the dowry? ! And you are ALREADY thinking about divorce.... :frown:

You are the investment banker here lol. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest