The Student Room Group

Anyone watching The Secret Life of Students?

This is so cringe. That Aiden dude is such a loser, the two girls seem okay so far.

Scroll to see replies

I am. Everytime aiden comes on screen I can't help but think how much of a dick he is, I guess it's better than having awkward flatmates who wont talk/have fun though haha.
I am, sort of reliving freshers week over here :tongue:
God it makes me miss the simpleness of first year
Reply 4
I'm watching it and just realising that the majority of students are portrayed as having that student lifestyle, which personally I hate. I am at university to learn not to piss about!
Original post by ddtown
This is so cringe. That Aiden dude is such a loser, the two girls seem okay so far.

There is a TV Shows sub-forum btw with a thread on this in.

Chat is not always the best palce for things. We have other sections for a reason. :smile:
haven't heard of it tbh but will check it out
I've only watch a few mins and I already dislike Aiden!
Aiden has insecurity issues and only feels good about himself when he can be he centre of attention for doing anything.

josie was ok but abit of a hypocrite..a catholic having one night stands?

dont get me started on Lauren, she played the victim and was annoying. She need to change how she portrays herself in order to make life easier for herself!
Original post by weirdwildween
Aiden has insecurity issues and only feels good about himself when he can be he centre of attention for doing anything.

josie was ok but abit of a hypocrite..a catholic having one night stands?

dont get me started on Lauren, she played the victim and was annoying. She need to change how she portrays herself in order to make life easier for herself!

Lauren annoyed me too. At first I felt a bit sorry for her but when she started getting angry about the hitler thing. It was a joke, i can't stand people who takes things completely unrelated to them so personally. I can't believe her flatmates had that much patience with her tbh
My friend told me about this, I'm yet to check it out but I shall, it sounds jokes :laugh:
When is this on? I watched the first episode and thought it was great.
I found them all a bit irritating tbh. But still fun to watch.
I found it supremely cringy tbh
Original post by Thalizar
I'm watching it and just realising that the majority of students are portrayed as having that student lifestyle, which personally I hate. I am at university to learn not to piss about!

I know how you feel, I feel it too. I'm very anxious about this aspect of 'student life'. Is it at all like that? Anyone?
Original post by JakeW1000
I know how you feel, I feel it too. I'm very anxious about this aspect of 'student life'. Is it at all like that? Anyone?

No don't worry. It isn't all like that. A lot of the organised social nights out with the union etc are a bit like that but there's a decent number of people who don't like that sort of scene so opt to do other things!
That programme didn't show the "other" side of university that a lot of people see - probably because it would be too "boring" for a TV programme - but it's the bit of just chilling out with friends and having proper conversations rather than just playing drinking games etc.

If it's not what you want to be doing then there's plenty of other people who feel the same and you wont be alone - so don't feel too anxious! And remember everyone is pretty scared when they first get to uni - new place, new people etc. just people show/hide their feelings differently :smile:
Original post by insomniacz
No don't worry. It isn't all like that. A lot of the organised social nights out with the union etc are a bit like that but there's a decent number of people who don't like that sort of scene so opt to do other things!
That programme didn't show the "other" side of university that a lot of people see - probably because it would be too "boring" for a TV programme - but it's the bit of just chilling out with friends and having proper conversations rather than just playing drinking games etc.

If it's not what you want to be doing then there's plenty of other people who feel the same and you wont be alone - so don't feel too anxious! And remember everyone is pretty scared when they first get to uni - new place, new people etc. just people show/hide their feelings differently :smile:

Thank you very much.

You don't have to go out weekly , and by all means don't drink if you don't drink .

But don't pull a Lauren , she deliberately isolated herself from the group and probably had very few friends the whole year , giving her a **** uni experience.

There are alot of people like that but your not going to find them if you spend all your time in your room.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
You don't have to go out weekly , and by all means don't drink if you don't drink .

But don't pull a Lauren , she deliberately isolated herself from the group and probably had very few friends the whole year , giving her a **** uni experience.

There are alot of people like that but your not going to find them if you spend all your time in your room.

I'm not going to try deliberately going to isolate myself. However I do feel as though I may fall into this. :/
I'm not going to try deliberately going to isolate myself. However I do feel as though I may fall into this. :/

don't.
Original post by tehforum
don't.

How?

Quick Reply

Latest