The Student Room Group

Primark baby: Woman gives birth in Birmingham street

"Easy" way to become a bit famous hahaha...:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see how this event warrants any publicity.
Reply 3
Free publicity for Primark courtesy of the BBC.
Just as well she didn't give birth to it in a Primark Factory, or it would be working on the production line by now.
"Good for her, I hope mother and baby are safe and well."

That's all that really needs to be said about this story.
Reply 6
Well that's embarrassing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm, why? You'd think being in town you're going to be closer to the hospital.

"The mother was waving at everyone, telling everyone to film her. Everyone had their phones out and she was waving at them as she went into the ambulance."

Wow what a show off.
Reply 8
Just a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, why did they feel the need to mention Primark? Secondly, and frankly quite disturbingly, why on earth would an Australian doctor pick a place like Birmingham as a holiday destination?
Reply 9
Happened around the corner from my work. Sensational story, to be fair. Of course it's going to get attention.
Original post by Stinkum
Just a couple of thoughts.

Firstly, why did they feel the need to mention Primark? Secondly, and frankly quite disturbingly, why on earth would an Australian doctor pick a place like Birmingham as a holiday destination?

Ah **** off for that 2nd bit. Have you ever been?
I'm not gonna lie, I love Birmingham. You don't get this level of outright weirdness in any other place on the country.:biggrin::rolleyes:
Ah birmingham is the place to be. Awesome city!
Troll post but...

Original post by Stinkum
Very multicultural and multiethnic

Why is this bad?

Even if you see a nice park for example, it'll be full of really dangerous chavs

You must be an absolute squirt in real life if you think a bunch of kids in tracksuits are dangerous.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I don't see how this event warrants any publicity.

I guess a lot of people find the birth of a child (any child) uplifting?

Sports isn't much better but gets a whole segment on the news!
(edited 9 years ago)
Why didn't she go into a shop if they were so concerned about privacy...
Original post by Dani California
I'm not gonna lie, I love Birmingham. You don't get this level of outright weirdness in any other place on the country.:biggrin::rolleyes:

Nah, the same thing happened in London: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/jan/11/experience-gave-birth-outside-waitrose
Original post by Architecture-er
Why didn't she go into a shop if they were so concerned about privacy...

Cause it's not that easy to just get up and walk into a shop when you're in labour?
Original post by LeonieEmily
Cause it's not that easy to just get up and walk into a shop when you're in labour?

Lol yes it is.. how do you think women get to the hospital?

It's not like the baby just drops out when her waters go
Original post by Architecture-er
Lol yes it is.. how do you think women get to the hospital?

It's not like the baby just drops out when her waters go

Yeah women get to the hospital fine but in this case there clearly wasn't hours between her waters breaking and her giving birth hence her having the baby in a street not a hospital.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending