The Student Room Group

Peoples views of Brazilians

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jamez870
How old are you?

What's my age got to do with anything? I'm 19...
Reply 41
Original post by MichelBraga
Nope, that's incorrect. Uruguay, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, for instance, manage to maintain a good level of governance. And with all do respect to other South American countries, none of them comes close to Brazil in terms of corruption.

Brazil is richer than the UK, and almost 35% of that income is stolen from the public funds.

My point is, Brazil and the mainstream media are really competent in transmiting an image of a happy and fantastic country with minor problems, which is a lie. Brazil's corruption is a problem that affects others countries as well. So it is important to break this stereotype sometimes... people always think of Brazil as football-beaches-women-sex. Brazil is not a sex-tourism-tropical-football land, and their people don't want to be seen as such.

Unfortunately you're right. It's not all happy go lucky. It is an amazing country with beautiful people and places but the crime and violence is horrific (not everywhere though). Unfortunately my grandad was murdered in Brazil :/
Original post by Jenjen24
What's my age got to do with anything? I'm 19...

Surprised you don't know, ever heard of a Brazilian wax?
With the world cup and the Olympics the whole world has it's eyes on Brazil. I'm wondering what people think about Brazilian people and even the country itself.

I am half Brazilian by the way, but please be honest! I'd like to know what the Brazilian stereotypes are :P

Also open to any questions about Brazil :smile:

The women - :sogood:

The country is a wreck though: corruption, kleptocracy, crime, and so on. Though that has little to do with Brazilian people themselves, it's the corrupt top that is orchestrating this and then as a result you get all the other problems. That's what I've heard about the political and economical situation of the country at least, so perhaps you could add to or challenge my views :smile:

The nature there is absolutely gorgeous though! I absolutely love it :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by jamez870
Surprised you don't know, ever heard of a Brazilian wax?

Yes I have, you're confusing me hahaha
Reply 45
Original post by HexBugMaster
The women - :sogood:

The country is a wreck though: corruption, kleptocracy, crime, and so on. Though that has little to do with Brazilian people themselves, it's the corrupt top that is orchestrating this and then as a result you get all the other problems. That's what I've heard about the political and economical situation of the country at least, so perhaps you could add to or challenge my views :smile:

The nature there is absolutely gorgeous though! I absolutely love it :biggrin:

It is beautiful! Have you ever been?
Reply 46
more male punheta per square mile than anywhere else :biggrin:
It is beautiful! Have you ever been?

No, but I used to have a Brazilian girlfriend and she showed me tonnes of picture and told me stories about the place :biggrin:
With the world cup and the Olympics the whole world has it's eyes on Brazil. I'm wondering what people think about Brazilian people and even the country itself.

I am half Brazilian by the way, but please be honest! I'd like to know what the Brazilian stereotypes are :P

Also open to any questions about Brazil :smile:

the ones in my college were in general very attractive

theyre friendly and fun too so fit in well with the irish

hmm bad aspects...well I guess we only get to see the well off ones
would prefer to meet more of a variety

its very diverse racially which is great..little complaints about this crew
Reply 49
No, but I used to have a Brazilian girlfriend and she showed me tonnes of picture and told me stories about the place :biggrin:

Really? Haha That's awesome. My boyfriend is coming with me to Brazil in 2 weeks :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by trustmeimlying1
the ones in my college were in general very attractive

theyre friendly and fun too so fit in well with the irish

hmm bad aspects...well I guess we only get to see the well off ones
would prefer to meet more of a variety

its very diverse racially which is great..little complaints about this crew

Were there many in your college? :P
Really? Haha That's awesome. My boyfriend is coming with me to Brazil in 2 weeks :smile:

Must be super-expensive though :biggrin:
Were there many in your college? :P

yep very big group for some reason
hope a new batch come back next year especially as Im RA..

theyre great craic:biggrin:
I think of all the hospitals, schools, universities, youth centers, libraries etc that they dont have, then remember that they have football stadiums. Lots and lots and lots of football stadiums
Reply 54
Must be super-expensive though :biggrin:

Just under 900 for flights and we don't have to pay for accommodation or food. Just need spending money for goodies :P
Reply 55
I don't have any negative views of Brazilians.

But like the rest of Latin America, Brazil needs to continue to sort out their drug and crime problems out.
They could also do with reducing their rate of deforestation (which is pretty bad, compared to the rest of Latin America).
Just under 900 for flights and we don't have to pay for accommodation or food. Just need spending money for goodies :P

You sound almost as if 900 isn't that expensive :laugh:
Reply 57
You sound almost as if 900 isn't that expensive :laugh:

It isn't for a 6 week holiday to Brazil!
I havent a clue about Brazil.. my sterotypes include..

They love football
All the girls are absolute dusky babes
Sun,sea,good food,carnival
Big statue of jesus on the hill

err

thats it..
Reply 59
Original post by No Man
I don't have any negative views of Brazilians.

But like the rest of Latin America, Brazil needs to continue to sort out their drug and crime problems out.
They could also do with reducing their rate of deforestation (which is pretty bad, compared to the rest of Latin America).

Yeahh deforestation is awful :/ Destroying the beautiful rainforest with such amazing animals is so sad :/

Quick Reply

Latest