The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kamenoko
I see. Yes, please do tell me more about how the UK is a bastion of equal pay (Spoiler: it's not - ranked 18/27 http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/02/women-employment-equality-pay-oecd-survey)

Trying to acquire unearned privileges? Oppressing freedom of speech?
These are very big assertions. Examples please.

Women are not paid less for doing the same jobs. There's no robust evidence to show that they are. There is legislation in place that bans gender discrimination. Women who are genuinely discriminated against can use this legislation to bring legal proceedings if they deem it necessary.

Feminists want "positive discrimination" (read: discrimination against men) to make it easier for them to acquire top jobs. Feminists also want to ban page 3 and songs like Blurred Lines because they don't fit in with their radical agenda. That is oppression of freedom of speech.
All these thots saying "man up" because that's obviously not a gender stereotype
Original post by missfats
But the man has to offer the dowry? !

You are the investment banker here lol. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My main priority is to mitigate the financial risk of failing this investment of my time and compassion. Given the high divorce rates in the UK, it would be unethical (especially according to all the current FCA regulations) to go into this marriage without assessing all the potential liabilities. I shall lift the refundable feature of the dowry, once I acknowledge there to be a satisfactory level of stability in our prospective relationship.
Original post by Drunk Punx
oh u PLAYA!!!1

How you're not knee-deep in poontang is beyond me.

Looooooooooooooool.

On a serious note, are you rich? If so, how much is my dowry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looooooooooooooool.

On a serious note, are you rich? If so, how much is my dowry :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am I correct in assuming this is what's known as 'thotianna' etiquette? :K:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
My main priority is to mitigate the financial risk of failing this investment of my time and compassion. Given the high divorce rates in the UK, it would be unethical (especially according to all the current FCA regulations) to go into this marriage without assessing all the potential liabilities. I shall lift the refundable feature of the dowry, once I acknowledge there to be a satisfactory level of stability in our prospective relationship.

Wallah, I'm just so proud that my hubby uses so much technical terms even though I don't understand majority of it.

How much you want for dowry then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
rape jokes are fine as long as they're about men, duh.

On another point i personally have no problems with any rape jokes whatsoever anyway.
Am I correct in assuming this is what's known as 'thotianna' etiquette? :K:

I can't believe you just said that about me.

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wallah, I'm just so proud that my hubby uses so much technical terms even though I don't understand majority of it.

It's at your request. I can only confirm the suitability of your offer once a monetary judgement of your character has been assessed nearer the time.

I can't believe you just said that about me.

:frown:

You were looking for marriage elsewhere, depending on said users net value.

This is where my belief that "money buys you anything you want" originates.
Reply 69

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bagsy being a witness for this wedding? :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by Anonymous
We were talking about going out for a drink and I said if you drink, I won't drink as someone has to keep an eye on you and she made a joke about me saying I might rape her.

I was seriously offended and quite hurt that someone could say that. I really despise crime, especially sexual crimes so I was hurt that she could say that I was capable of something.

Should I just take it on the head and "man up" or do I have a reason to be upset?

Its just like if you made a joke about being a pedo or something to the other person :smile:

Did you tell her you were offended by it?
It's at your request. I can only confirm the suitability of your offer once a monetary judgement of your character has been assessed nearer the time.

You were looking for marriage elsewhere, depending on said users net value.

This is where my belief that "money buys you anything you want" originates.

But your only thinking about money.

There is other future issues such as children. How will you expect to provide for them? And if we do get a prenuptial agreement, how much will you pay for child support?

Mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katbob
I bagsy being a witness for this wedding? :smile:

anytime my dawg.
My wedding will be Beverly hill style :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
anytime my dawg.
My wedding will be Beverly hill style :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt anyone around here is that rich tbh... :tongue:

But hey, see the leftover guys you aren't going to marry, can you set them up with me?? :biggrin:

Also I'm chief bridesmaid :cool:
lol wth people are so sensitive on here..i make rape jokes, my friends make rape jokes, my guy friends make rape jokes - it's all good. 'no brakes on the rape train' :sexface: maybe i just have a dark sense of humour
It sounds like she was trying to flirt with you. She's just really bad at it.
I agree with Lukex. I would be upset in your shoes. Plus, whenever you are upset or offended, your partner should respect that and you both should discuss it, in my opinion. Maybe not agree, but at least discuss and get it out in the open.

If you were to joke about raping her, I'm guessing people would slam you. Rape is not a joking matter.
But your only thinking about money.

There is other future issues such as children. How will you expect to provide for them? And if we do get a prenuptial agreement, how much will you pay for child support?

Mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all, although it plays a huge factor in nearly all aspects of life.

I will fully provide the capital expenditure towards the funding of my children. If there ever comes a time where a divorce settlement may be necessary, I will take full possession (non-debatable) of the children.

Original post by katbob
I doubt anyone around here is that rich tbh...

But hey, see the leftover guys you aren't going to marry, can you set them up with me??

CrawfordRolex is loaded.
It wasn't a funny one at all, but it's pretty clear she was just joking around. She wouldn't feel comfortable making that kind of joke with you if she actually thought you had the potential...

That said, her sense of humour is clearly terrible. I wouldn't find it funny if someone joked about raping me, and I wouldn't expect someone else to find it funny if I joked about them raping someone.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katbob
I doubt anyone around here is that rich tbh... :tongue:

But hey, see the leftover guys you aren't going to marry, can you set them up with me?? :biggrin:

Abdul karim is an investment banker, they can get upto 100k (top firms) without no bonuses and the bonuses are more then the pay. So financially, I can afford an expensive wedding.

I have many leftover guys on offer! What are your preferences, so I can suit you.

Of course of course. :sexface:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending