The Student Room Group

Would you take a cleaners job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Swanbow
Yes. Although I would like more hours. 6-10 would be okay to juggle around uni work and social life while supplementing your income.

Minimum Wage.

I have a 2 bedroom flat lol, 1 person living there, with the occasional friend/girl/parental unit over. If I gave you 6 hours, you'd literally spend 4 of them watching tv/doing uni work/staring at the fishtank!
That's all I do during my work experience so why not get paid for it?
Reply 22
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
If you take someone on who is local so they don't have travel fees it would be easier. Very few people would be willing to travel for just 2 hours - so a local person would be more likely to take on the job.

As for washing I don't think it's a reason not to pay minimum wage. But if you can afford more then pay more. :h:

I doubt most people in my immediate neighbourhood [walking distance] would be too keen on a cleaning job lol. I live on the border of a posh area and a Jewish area :p: Only a bus/tram ride from uni though :smile:
Original post by samba
I have a 2 bedroom flat lol, 1 person living there, with the occasional friend/girl/parental unit over. If I gave you 6 hours, you'd literally spend 4 of them watching tv/doing uni work/staring at the fishtank!

Oh right, I thought you were asking us cause you had been offered a job along those lines but were just framing it a bit awkwardly :lol:

Sorry man, Manchester is a bit of a commute.
Original post by samba
Say you're at uni, [in the north, manchester, so no london pay expectations!] and there's an available job for 2 hours a week or so cash in hand, involving cleaning, washing up, washing, dusting, changing the beds, vacuuming, blabla.

1. Would you be interested?
2. How much pay would you be happy with?

I'd be happy to do it for £7.59 and hour plus.

At the same time I am AWFUL at cleaning so I imagine I'd get fired pretty quickly.
Reply 25
Original post by redferry
I'd be happy to do it for £7.59 and hour plus.

At the same time I am AWFUL at cleaning so I imagine I'd get fired pretty quickly.

Thanks!

The idea of YOU doing that job actually scares me though :rofl: I'd come back from holiday to find dead fish, a flood, and probably complaints from my neighbours about unexplained bumps to their cars in the car park :p:

Haz you seen my reef tank?
Original post by samba
Thanks!

The idea of YOU doing that job actually scares me though :rofl: I'd come back from holiday to find dead fish, a flood, and probably complaints from my neighbours about unexplained bumps to their cars in the car park :p:

Haz you seen my reef tank?

I'm not THAT disaster prone! I take very good care of my house!!! And other peoples!

Reef tank? :s
Reply 27
I'm not THAT disaster prone! I take very good care of my house!!! And other peoples!

Reef tank? :s

Deepwater/Marine fish tank :p:
Reply 28
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I already did when I was younger. Got stuck in the lift and had to be rescued by firemen.

It was awesome :moon:

Maybe you should take more care to check the maximum lift capacity next time. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by CJKay
Maybe you should take more care to check the maximum lift capacity next time. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

Woah, woah, woah.

Wtf.
Reply 30
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Woah, woah, woah.

Wtf.

It was a joke and you know it. :frown:
Original post by samba
Deepwater/Marine fish tank :p:

Oh so it WAS just a random leap :tongue:

No?

I'm good at looking after fish though :smile: used to work at the sea life centre and have my own!

Of course this is all hypothetical, clearly I'm not in Manchester :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by CJKay

ffs I manage to restrain myself and you do it anyway!

Oh so it WAS just a random leap :tongue:

No?

I'm good at looking after fish though :smile: used to work at the sea life centre and have my own!

Of course this is all hypothetical, clearly I'm not in Manchester :smile:

Of course it was a random leap :p:
Original post by samba
Say you're at uni, [in the north, manchester, so no london pay expectations!] and there's an available job for 2 hours a week or so cash in hand, involving cleaning, washing up, washing, dusting, changing the beds, vacuuming, blabla.

1. Would you be interested?
2. How much pay would you be happy with?

At the end of the day money is money, regardless of where it's from. When you buy Kurt Greiger heels they don't ask how you got the money so yeah I would definitely do it for reasonable pay.
Reply 34
I did last summer, admittedly for a hotel but £5/hr ~12hrs per week. Not great money at all, but better than no money at all.
Reply 35
Right, cheers guys. I've decided I don't want to pay scummy wage so some lucky sod will get £8-10 an hour from me :smile:

Just need to work out how to find somebody trustworthy now :/
Original post by samba
Right, cheers guys. I've decided I don't want to pay scummy wage so some lucky sod will get £8-10 an hour from me :smile:

Just need to work out how to find somebody trustworthy now :/

Are they going to be doing ironing as well?
Reply 37
Are they going to be doing ironing as well?

Hmm, probably not essentially. Ironing generally doesn't cause me that many issues physically!
If I was desperate for the money, definitely. Minimum wage would do me just fine.
Reply 39
Yes, did that when I was in sixth form. Id expect minimum wage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest