The Student Room Group

is it normal to watch your female friends get dressed?

I hang out with a group of girls with me being the only the guy, we get ready in one of their places, I turn up already ready and often wait around as they put of dresses, make up and other things.

They said I could come in the bedroom while they get changed but its extremely awkward seeing them in their bras and panties. They said they don't mind if I sit and watch but I don't know where to look and I admit i almost got a boner.

Is this normal to be weirded about this? should I just stick to sitting outside?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They probably think you're gay and don't mind you seeing because of that...Chill and go with it.
Lol!!

Just come later? Or pretend to be on ur phone?
It's a sign of good friendship
You sir, are living the life all men dream of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
memory-fap to it
Reply 6
Do they then have a pillow fight?
Reply 7
They liiiike you :wink:

It certainly doesn't sound like a common thing, being invited into a bedroom full of girls all getting dressed. If you feel uncomfortable just say you'll wait in the living room or something. If they insist you to stay in the room then it seems fairly obvious they're trying to hint something.

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable, just say you'll wait in the living room or the kitchen or something.
Don't make a big deal out of it or over-sexualise the situation.

I'm comfortable getting changed around some of my male friends because I don't see them as a threat or really give a crap what they think of my body. Doesn't mean I wouldn't call them out if they got pervy.
Original post by CallMeJay
You sir, are living the life all men dream of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably not as they probably think he's gay (ie: he doesn't really care for their bodies)
Original post by de_monies
Probably not as they probably think he's gay (ie: he doesn't really care for their bodies)

Lol, fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aivicore
Don't make a big deal out of it or over-sexualise the situation.

I'm comfortable getting changed around some of my male friends because I don't see them as a threat or really give a crap what they think of my body. Doesn't mean I wouldn't call them out if they got pervy.

say if you sat there with all men getting changed, wouldn't you find that awkward.

Its hard not to sexualise things when parts on display
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
They liiiike you :wink:

It certainly doesn't sound like a common thing, being invited into a bedroom full of girls all getting dressed. If you feel uncomfortable just say you'll wait in the living room or something. If they insist you to stay in the room then it seems fairly obvious they're trying to hint something.

But seriously, if you're uncomfortable, just say you'll wait in the living room or the kitchen or something.

yeah they do, I know its strange because either way I'm sat around feeling awkward.

I don't know if they hinting anything just including me
How about you try and get changed whilst they are getting changed? See what happens.
(edited 9 years ago)
it sounds like you dont really want to see them in that way. but when the parts are on display its hard to think differently. its like tying up a former cocaine addict in a room filled with cocaine. He doesnt want it but the fact he is surrounded with it doesnt help.
I agree with the above, just say something like "im fine in the living room" or something.
Reply 15
No, not normal lol. And your reaction seems perfectly justified really. I'd have just waited outside! (though conversely the temptation not to would be there :p:)
It means she likes you or you're on level 100 in the friend zone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
yeah they do, I know its strange because either way I'm sat around feeling awkward.

I don't know if they hinting anything just including me

Would it be less awkward for you if you weren't in the same room?
Original post by The_Blade
It means she likes you or you're on level 100 in the friend zone

Posted from TSR Mobile

but a friendzone is when you trying to get with them which I'm not
Original post by Anonymous
say if you sat there with all men getting changed, wouldn't you find that awkward.

Its hard not to sexualise things when parts on display

I wouldn't find it any more awkward than the reverse.

Spoiler

I understand that there are "parts" on display, but are the girls actually showing genitals or breasts? If not, as I said earlier, you shouldn't read into it; They're just comfortable around you and see you as non-threatening.

If it was one girl on her own, I'd question it a bit, but since it's a group, they're probably just rolling with it 'cause they don't wanna be singled out as the person who requested you leave/had to get changed on their own.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending