The Student Room Group

How to kindly be anti-social?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Indeed, I second this solution. Especially once you factor in the long-term commitment of both time and effort in maintaining a relationship which is unlikely to increase your capital. It makes very little objective self-serving sense to hold on to liabilities. In fact you can even leverage your desire to succeed (so to speak) to make the process a lot less emotionally defeating.

WTF have I just read.

"Cutting off ties..."
" burning bridges..."

You guys seriously have lost it. You sound obsessed with money. I mean what kind of human being refers to their mother as a "non profitable asset".
At first I honestly believed this was just banter but you guys sound serious. I have always considered pursuing a job in finance and I understand the cutthroat nature of such a career but you guys really have taken it a step too far.
You may think you are intelligent. You may even be intelligent. But you don't sound very wise.
This industry is going to chew you up and spit you out. No matter who you are. And once you are out, you are going to need something to return to. You can go ahead and "burn your bridges" but ultimately you will return to those bridges and you WILL want to cross it. Its up to you whether or not you are able to do so when the time comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have already been invited to join some of those societies and shall be taking full advantage of what they have to offer. I'll definitely consider networking with those who wish to utilise their time at university effectively.

'Forming friendships' sounds a lot nicer than 'networking'
How to kindly be anti-social.

Step 1. Spray-paint a wall
Step 2. Write "sorry" underneath your gang-logo (or whatever it is called).
Original post by EatAndRevise
How to kindly be anti-social.

Step 1. Spray-paint a wall
Step 2. Write "sorry" underneath your gang-logo (or whatever it is called).

:lol: It's called NuskiGang / OTF

I did not need to know that, I would rather not be affiliated with gang culture. But thanks for allowing me to know of a new word - "NuskiGang".
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Same here , I can sympathise with your current predicament.

My personal solution to this long term dilemma is to use my mother for her assets while I secure my future in all means of the word , once I am in a stable financial position I will burn the bridge so to speak , and lose this non profitable asset.

That's a horrendous thing to say
Original post by Alex-Torres

Thanks for saying that. I thought I was the only one who thought this. I don't see how any human being can say that about their mother. Much less, what sounds like a supportive mother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex-Torres

Original post by arrow900
Thanks for saying that. I thought I was the only one who thought this. I don't see how any human being can say that about their mother. Much less, what sounds like a supportive mother.

It was just a little bit of banter :K: :lol: inside joke, if you will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if it was some sort of sick joke, and she ever saw it, it would be brutally cruel
WTF have I just read.

"Cutting off ties..."
" burning bridges..."

You guys seriously have lost it. You sound obsessed with money. I mean what kind of human being refers to their mother as a "non profitable asset".
At first I honestly believed this was just banter but you guys sound serious. I have always considered pursuing a job in finance and I understand the cutthroat nature of such a career but you guys really have taken it a step too far.
You may think you are intelligent. You may even be intelligent. But you don't sound very wise.
This industry is going to chew you up and spit you out. No matter who you are. And once you are out, you are going to need something to return to. You can go ahead and "burn your bridges" but ultimately you will return to those bridges and you WILL want to cross it. Its up to you whether or not you are able to do so when the time comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure they're trolling tbh.
I say you just sit in a cardboard box with "**** Off" written on it. That could work.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Seemed to rustle alot of jimmies on the thread so it seems successful to me.

umad

Im stopping posting off topic now

Im lolling at replies so bad hahaha

Haha jheez you guys really scared me there for a second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a troll post right? Cut off your mother? Seriously? You're going down a ruinous path.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On my mama this ***** the fattest Opp I ever seen

Claimin Nuski. How u claim a gang that stay lackin? **** Nuskigang
cuuh Score 1 bruh keep it 3 Hunna up in this bitch.

we CPDK GDK 069K BricksqadK we comin for the TSRgang

smokin on that TSRPaCK

#NolackinHomie
Original post by Castro Saint
I say you just sit in a cardboard box with "**** Off" written on it. That could work.

It may work but I doubt it would provide for satisfactory living conditions. I have to factor in the notion of safety.
I took a mans watch he told me watch so I went home and watched tele
Original post by Aivicore
I'm being a pedant but there's a big difference between "anti-social" and "unsociable". :colondollar:

Is term "socially inactive" correct? :smile: (in OP's context)
Hello Abdul-Karim i used to get this all the time with my old group of friends, who, whilst being nice people, are drug takers and have criminal records, which is obviously not a group i want to associate myself with. All i did is just gradually cut off contact, like when they message you on facebook talk for like 5 minutes then say you have to go, or if they call round for you just say you are doing something or get another to open the door etc. This has lead me to the current position of sacrificing a social life, however i now talk to like minded people who are cleverer than me, bettering myself in their company, unlike the previous crowd who were like anchors, dragging me down with them. its a no brainer really mate just imply through your actions that you are moving on to bigger and better things and they will soon forget about you, but by all means remain civil with them and say hi on the street etc
It is OK if you want to work hard at uni because you are a career oriented guy but from your profile it seems that you are going to join Cass & if I am not wrong, in future you will want to do a job related to IB/financial sector, right? Tbh, I don't know the fact but many final year students & professionals have advised me to participate in extracurricular activities and build up a good network which sounds logically good. I also want to focus on my studies and future goals but at the same time I will not like to isolate myself because I want to taste the university's life as well (for example exchange of academic views, sharing academic problems and solutions etc) so that I can learn few basic tactics of an individual or a team player.

I guess if you will say NO to everyone then nobody will disturb you :smile:
This can't be a serious thread. You'd really lose all of your friends and your own MOTHER just to be able to study harder? Wow. My mum would go mental if I did that, and I care about my friends and family too much.
If you want to become an unlikable robot with zero social skills, go right ahead. I'm all for better studying and achieving a decent degree, but this is not the way to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending