The Student Room Group

Starting university but have a girlfriend who I don't want to leave.

So I am going to start university in October and I have been dating my girlfriend for three months now. We love each other to bits and we see each other around 3 times a week as we live 15 minute walk away from each other. I am wondering how will we both cope in October when I go to university, is it possible for us to still maintain a healthy relationship? We have decided to meet around once every two weeks when I come home or she comes to visit me at university.
Original post by Anonymous
So I am going to start university in October and I have been dating my girlfriend for three months now. We love each other to bits and we see each other around 3 times a week as we live 15 minute walk away from each other. I am wondering how will we both cope in October when I go to university, is it possible for us to still maintain a healthy relationship? We have decided to meet around once every two weeks when I come home or she comes to visit me at university.

You'll be fine.

Anyway, once you get to uni and see the bigger pond, you might decide to fish elsewhere, at least on the sly.
Reply 2
Original post by isitreallythough
You'll be fine.

Anyway, once you get to uni and see the bigger pond, you might decide to fish elsewhere, at least on the sly.

Haha I don't think I will ever do that!
If you're both committed to one another then hopefully it'll be good. But it depends how far apart your universities are..even so, you can still stay in contact with one another (e.g video call, call, text etc..).
I'm sure it'll all be good dude. What are you doing in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Skype (or the equivalents) is a wonderful thing for long distance relationships so you get to see and hear each other regularly. Plus as long as you both have internet, it won't cost you a fortune in phone bills.
Reply 5
Original post by amberh133
If you're both committed to one another then hopefully it'll be good. But it depends how far apart your universities are..even so, you can still stay in contact with one another (e.g video call, call, text etc..).
I'm sure it'll all be good dude. What are you doing in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I live in Birmingham but my university is in Cambridge. I am going to study Medicine. Yes we can but I was wondering if we are allowed to have visitors stay with us in the accommodations? Thanks for the help btw
Well I live in Birmingham but my university is in Cambridge. I am going to study Medicine. Yes we can but I was wondering if we are allowed to have visitors stay with us in the accommodations? Thanks for the help btw

Even if you weren't 'allowed', how will anyone ever know? I've lived in 2 different university's halls, both had some kind of restrictions on people staying over. These restrictions were ignored and there were no consequences.
I live 7 hours away from my boyfriend currently and even when I go to Uni this year I'll be 2 hours away. We've been togther for nearly 3 years. Long distance relationships do work if you're committed and if you're willing. ^#^

(also, Skype does help a lot. Hearing a voice is quite comforting)
Reply 8
Original post by Furandesu
I live 7 hours away from my boyfriend currently and even when I go to Uni this year I'll be 2 hours away. We've been togther for nearly 3 years. Long distance relationships do work if you're committed and if you're willing. ^#^

(also, Skype does help a lot. Hearing a voice is quite comforting)

Yes I understand but the problem with us is that we are used to seeing each other too often as we live really close so living far away and not seeing each other often will be a big change.

Oh nice! Good luck with that- I'm sure you'll ace it!
I'm pretty sure you can have people stay in your accommodation, you may get rules but they're probably minor rules which no one pays too much attention to , or you may need to tell before hand that you have visitors depending on uni I think.
If any university didn't accept visitors and privates students, that would be ridiculous!
Glad to help!
Original post by Midnight Star
Skype (or the equivalents) is a wonderful thing for long distance relationships so you get to see and hear each other regularly. Plus as long as you both have internet, it won't cost you a fortune in phone bills.

how is he gonna get his dick sucked on skype

OP there is an abundance of pussy at uni dont worry mate
Yes I understand but the problem with us is that we are used to seeing each other too often as we live really close so living far away and not seeing each other often will be a big change.

I understand, my boyfriend is my best friend so we were together 24/7 before I moved that 7 hours away. It is a big change and it is hard but trust me, it'll be okay in the end if you both put in the effort ^#^
Original post by Furandesu
I understand, my boyfriend is my best friend so we were together 24/7 before I moved that 7 hours away. It is a big change and it is hard but trust me, it'll be okay in the end if you both put in the effort ^#^

Oh wow, hats off to both of you! Yes I am willing to put in the effort and by the looks of it she is as well.
Oh wow, hats off to both of you! Yes I am willing to put in the effort and by the looks of it she is as well.

I wish you both well! <3
Reply 14

That's great! If you're both willing to put the effort in, things should go well. The only time you should worry about it getting bumpy is if you think one of you isn't putting that maximum amount of effort into it anymore :smile:
If both parties put in effort there's no reason why it can't work. Hate that nonsense about you should break up before you start uni...
Yeah, there's no reason it can't work if you're committed, which it sounds like you are!
Having visitors is no problem and Skype is awesome for when a text/phone call just doesn't feel like enough.
Haha I don't think I will ever do that!

Mehh... How many married men and women have said that? Perjured themselves at the altar before their God and a few years later they surreptitiously slake their lust for another at secret meetings...
Original post by Limpopo
Mehh... How many married men and women have said that? Perjured themselves at the altar before their God and a few years later they surreptitiously slake their lust for another at secret meetings...

Shut up you tit.
Reply 19
Likely it won't work out.. Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending