The Student Room Group

what is considered an hourglass shape to you?

I was just talking with some chick on what an hourglass figure is and what is not. Like she was so much more focused on the lower half defining an hourglass. When it's in combination with the top. If you just have hips you're a pear. Some people said people like Carmen electra, kim kardashian, salma hayek candice swanepoeland halle berry were hourglass figures. Someone even mentioned coco Austin was an hourglass. To me I wouldn't consider Carmen electra an hourglass she was too top heavy. To me a perfect hourglass would be kat graham or Candice swanepoel in thin forms of hourglasses. Halle would be the standard/ And Salma hayek and kim kardashian would be hourglasses in a more voluptuous way. But I would say coco is an obvious pear well naturally at least. And Carmen is way too top heavy I have the same shape I consider myself more top heavy or top hourglass. Not a pure hourglass imo if one has a bust or hips bigger obviously then the aren't a proportionate hourglass imo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bust and hips roughly the same measurement and a waist at least 10 inches smaller.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kim Kardashian has hourglass shape body.
An hourglass shape looks exactly like an hourglass..................

If the subject is top or bottom heavy then theyre not.
Kim K is a pear
Reply 5
The waist needs to be really small, that's the key. You can't have a belly or any fat around there, then it's no longer considered an hourglass shape.
Something like this:

hourglass.jpg
Reply 8
Original post by gemmam
Bust and hips roughly the same measurement and a waist at least 10 inches smaller.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's more of I see it too. If your hips are out of proportion with the bust you're not an hourglass. I can understand a pear has to have a chest less than 10 inch difference same with inverted triangles but that to me just means you're neither. Not hourglass or pear or inverted triangle. You know?
Well... It looks like an hourglass... :confused:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Something like this:

hourglass.jpg

yeah one could beshaped like that but with the bottom or top piece smaller same significant shapes but it wouldn't be proportional.
Chest and hips similar size, waist somewhat smaller. A waist 10" smaller than the chest/hips is rare so I wouldn't go as far as to say that that's what it takes to make an hour glass.

she looks bottom heavy to me.

her chest is smaller than her hips.

She's pretty though.
Original post by Vixen47
Chest and hips similar size, waist somewhat smaller. A waist 10" smaller than the chest/hips is rare so I wouldn't go as far as to say that that's what it takes to make an hour glass.

Not that hard to have a waistline 10 inches smaller if you're a reasonable sign. I have a waistline at least 10 inches smaller than my bust and hips. And I'm not even considered curvy. When you have a 23" waist you're expected to have 11" difference or more. I'm 36-23-33. I wouldn't consider myself an hourglass. The ten inch rule was to differentiate rectangles I believe.
Reply 14
A shape which is that of an hourglass.
My waist is 10 inches smaller than boobs and hips but I look like a rectangle :lol: think it'S cos my stomach is flatter than it is narrow on the sides or something.

I can't really think of a perfect hourglass woman :erm:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
My waist is 10 inches smaller than boobs and hips but I look like a rectangle :lol: think it'S cos my stomach is flatter than it is narrow on the sides or something.

I can't really think of a perfect hourglass woman :erm:

my mom's like this.

She has shoulders 12 inches or more and hips 10 or more inches wider but her waist looks boxy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Kim Kardashian is pear shaped, have you seen the size of that arse?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 78Saab
Kim Kardashian is pear shaped, have you seen the size of that arse?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

her measurements before pregnancy were 38-26-39. She was an hourglass.

Having a big butt has nothing to do with your shape.
Original post by brownbearxo
An hourglass shape looks exactly like an hourglass..................

If the subject is top or bottom heavy then theyre not.

top has to be proportionate with the bottom.

Quick Reply

Latest