The Student Room Group

Two dads meet their newborn son

Scroll to see replies

AWW, congratulations to them!! :badger:
Original post by limetang
adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type

A gay couple is not a normal couple. This is a fact. The issue isn't over normal but over whether this is good. This is not the normal way to raise a child, doesn't mean it can't be good.

No two couples are the same, so you could argue that there is no normal couple.
But really, that would be a slight bit off topic as you're mostly pointing out, as it's irrelevant to whether or not it is good.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Nothing involving childbirth and what happens directly after is ever going to look normal.

Lol I guess...
I'm still surprised by how bigoted some people can be.

For those who keep bringing up the issues of God/religion or nature argument or whatsoever, come on!!!

We are now living in 21st century!
Parents eveining are going to be wierd as ****.
Original post by Xcalibur
God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?

1) 'God designed it...'? So now tell me where God is. Tell me that God really exists. It will invalidate your whole argument if you can't even corroborate your main premise.

2) Try to think the other way round. What if your so-called 'God' (assuming God does exist) now designs a world with gay couples being the 'normal' couples and hetero ones the outcast, would you then change your stance? Do you believe things in life purely based on God's teachings?

3) No offence should be taken. God designed me to rebut your argument after all.
Original post by shahbaz

Ikr, the kid will be one of the few to have two parents there among the droves of single parents. So weird.
Original post by shahbaz

:lol:
Original post by thenumber2goose
Ikr, the kid will be one of the few to have two parents there among the droves of single parents. So weird.

:rofl:

That's too funny man.
a mother is worth more than a million fathers
Original post by Last Day Lepers
The guy on the left has some serious gyno.

It's the nipple from the guy in the back essentially dangling that gets me. Put it away man.
(edited 9 years ago)
Gay marriage goes hand in hand with gay adoption, but not necessarily in all cases.

An astonishing 10 times more likely to have been “touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver.”

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2013/04/a-non-religious-case-against-same-sex-marriage.html

I've taken this example as a non-religious case against gay marriage.

I don't need, or want anyone to start bringing up the oh-so-common excuse that "not all heterosexual couples look after their children the right way" ... This arguably a tiny proportion on global scale - the fact that being a child in a gay or lesbian couple increases your chance of sexual abuse by tenfold is quite alarming to say the least.
Original post by swan stardust
Aww these are very sweet pictures :h:
They are so moved and touched and delighted :heart:
The baby will be so lucky to have such a supportive and loving family :heart:
I'm so happy for them,they became parents and you can see their happiness and affection shining through :h:

This picture is like any other picture of any other loving family, straight or homosexual ...

Seeing them happy now doesn't mean they'll be happy a week later for example; neither does it mean they'll be a "loving" family in the future ...

It's nice to see, don't get me wrong, but don't you think families should be surveyed more?
Original post by Le Franglais
Gay marriage goes hand in hand with gay adoption, but not necessarily in all cases.

An astonishing 10 times more likely to have been “touched sexually by a parent or other adult caregiver.”

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2013/04/a-non-religious-case-against-same-sex-marriage.html

I've taken this example as a non-religious case against gay marriage.

I don't need, or want anyone to start bringing up the oh-so-common excuse that "not all heterosexual couples look after their children the right way" ... This arguably a tiny proportion on global scale - the fact that being a child in a gay or lesbian couple increases your chance of sexual abuse by tenfold is quite alarming to say the least.

That article is such bull****. It's a right wing website, with no unbiased references to back up the points made. Actual studies have shown that children of homosexual parents do just as well, if not better, than children of heterosexual parents.
(edited 9 years ago)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thenumber2goose
That article is such bull****. It's a right wing website, with no unbiased references to back up the points made. Actual studies have shown that children of homosexual parents do just as well, if not better, than children of heterosexual parents.

Having two fathers is effectively putting a child into an environment with no female figure ... same goes the other way.

Ever dated a girl, or a guy (depending on which way you swing), who's parents were divorced since a young age, or something similar? Ever noticed how different they are to children who have been brought up by 2 loving parents - their parents being a man and a woman?

Well there's the fact right there ... this child will grow up differently to how it would have grown up in a straight household - denying this is delusion ... I'm not saying it'll be a bad up bringing, it could be perfectly fine for all I know, but it'll be different.

If I was brought up in a gay household rather than a straight one that I have been, there's a high probability that I would be different - same goes for you.

We could compare this whole instance with religion: why should an innocent child be brought up in a household and forced to follow it? Why should he have to believe there is a God, that he needs to pray all the time and go to church?! He's his own individual mind who should be able to make decisions by his own ... this is why I'm against gay adoption from such an age ... this kid is born into a world, into a family he might not want to be part of. Abortion is another example I could bring up ... but I wont go into detail about that.
adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type

A gay couple is not a normal couple. This is a fact. The issue isn't over normal but over whether this is good. This is not the normal way to raise a child, doesn't mean it can't be good.

Well, if I will ask for a definition, olols. :redface:

Then you're lying. It isn't normal... Good? Yeh probably, the child looks like it'll be brought up in a loving home. Normal? Not at all.

I can assure you I'm not lying. I don't see how that's any more 'abnormal' than if we were to remove the other man from the picture and assume the child belonged to a heterosexual couple. What isn't 'normal' about a father holding their newborn baby? 'Cause that's all I see in the picture.
Having two fathers is effectively putting a child into an environment with no female figure ... same goes the other way.

Ever dated a girl, or a guy (depending on which way you swing), who's parents were divorced since a young age, or something similar? Ever noticed how different they are to children who have been brought up by 2 loving parents - their parents being a man and a woman?

Well there's the fact right there ... this child will grow up differently to how it would have grown up in a straight household - denying this is delusion ... I'm not saying it'll be a bad up bringing, it could be perfectly fine for all I know, but it'll be different.

If I was brought up in a gay household rather than a straight one that I have been, there's a high probability that I would be different - same goes for you.

We could compare this whole instance with religion: why should an innocent child be brought up in a household and forced to follow it? Why should he have to believe there is a God, that he needs to pray all the time and go to church?! He's his own individual mind who should be able to make decisions by his own ... this is why I'm against gay adoption from such an age ... this kid is born into a world, into a family he might not want to be part of. Abortion is another example I could bring up ... but I wont go into detail about that.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2013/03/18/peds.2013-0377

"Many studies have demonstrated that children's well-being is affected much more by their relationships with their parents, their parents' sense of competence and security, and the presence of social and economic support for the family than by the gender or the sexual orientation of their parents."

So you'll admit you're talking bull now?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swan stardust
My reaction would be the same whether the couple was a man with a woman,a woman with a woman or a man with a man.
Of course i don't know how things will be in the future,i just felt the need to write how delighted and touched they look in these pictures :h:
What exactly do you mean when writing families should be surveyed more? :smile:

I'm passive when I see pictures like this ... I'm neither happy nor am angry - to be honest, I couldn't care less.

I wrote it upon the assumption that these parents won't be monitored for a short amount of time. I mean you get it in adoption: you go through a long process where social workers will "study" you and check that the child will be "suitable" for your world ... I'm just wondering if gay parents will be monitored the same way, before and after.

I'll also just leave this here.

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleID=156530

"The author reports on 37 children who are being raised by female homosexuals or by parents who have changed sex (transsexuals): 21 by female homosexuals, 7 by male-to-female transsexuals, and 9 by female- to-male transsexuals. The children range in age from 3 to 20 years (mean = 9.3) and have lived in the sexually atypical households for 1- 16 years (mean = 4.9). Thirty-six of the children report or recall childhood toy, game, clothing, and peer group preferences that are typical for their sex. The 13 older children who report erotic fantasies or overt sexual behaviors are all heterosexually oriented."

It's much easier (and more logical) to form an opinion based on fact that blind conjecture darling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending