The Student Room Group

How is Philosophy and Ethics A-level like?

I think I've finally found something I'm interested in.
Its like quite good.
Reply 2
Original post by ChocolateFace123
Its like quite good.

Why is it like quite good?
Original post by Nadine_08
Why is it like quite good?

Quite Good...because it trains your mind to analyse/critique which are skills that are useful not only in landing a job, but in day-to-day life. Secondly, because it's humbling and makes you realise that most of the ideas you come up with have already been thought of/discussed. It sort of forces you to have a bit of humility, as there are so many different approaches/arguements for any one issue e.g. existence of god. It certaintly helped me become more down-to-earth, prior to studying philosophy I thought I was the bees-knees. Downsides, however, if you have **** teachers it will be a nightmare unless your the self-motivated type. Plus A2 is a pisstake purely bcoz of the sheer amount of content u have to cover- but if you think you'd enjoy, take it as an a-level defo :smile:
I absolutely love it, going to do Philosophy at Uni because of how awesome it is as a subject. So many big questions and theories to tackle, some lessons you feel like your brain is going to blow up but totally worth it xD

Quick Reply

Latest