The Student Room Group

"Casual"

So this girl I met last month has suggested that we go "casual". Does this mean when I want to see her, I just invite her round etc or do I still make an effort to see her in person for like a coffee or something?

She's got a school trip to China for 2 weeks and then a netball tour for a week so she can't really commit. I guess if she really liked me she would still push for a relationship but there's definitely a mutual attraction and so would I be silly in hoping that casual can turn into a proper relationship later on?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i32aVNk78OA, it's this lol. I thought it was funny to share, lol.
Reply 4
Original post by AngelPhys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i32aVNk78OA, it's this lol. I thought it was funny to share, lol.

lol i would appreciate it if you put it into context though
Reply 5
No, I don't think you're being silly thinking that being casual can turn serious. You never know what might happen. Make a little bit of effort but don't go overboard.
(Funny, my school is going on a China trip in 2 weeks just like her.)
Being away for a possible 3 weeks is hardly a reason not to commit. A few months would bother many people. A year would bother most - but lots of people do LDR's. She's not that into you, don't go into it if you'll just be desperately hoping it'll turn serious - there's a slim chance it could but likelihood is it won't.
P.s. Casual can mean whatever really, meet however much it feels right. It just means not exclusive and no commitment.
Reply 7
Original post by CescaD96
No, I don't think you're being silly thinking that being casual can turn serious. You never know what might happen. Make a little bit of effort but don't go overboard.
(Funny, my school is going on a China trip in 2 weeks just like her.)

Lol you never know, could be the same trip! So should I continue seeing her on "dates" or just invite her round?
Reply 8
Original post by joker12345
Being away for a possible 3 weeks is hardly a reason not to commit. A few months would bother many people. A year would bother most - but lots of people do LDR's. She's not that into you, don't go into it if you'll just be desperately hoping it'll turn serious - there's a slim chance it could but likelihood is it won't.
P.s. Casual can mean whatever really, meet however much it feels right. It just means not exclusive and no commitment.

Surely 3 weeks is enough to think to yourself that you don't want to commit right at this stage? I was just thinking that she could possibly(hopefully) reevaluate the situation after the 3 weeks?
Reply 9
Lol you never know, could be the same trip! So should I continue seeing her on "dates" or just invite her round?

I say do a mixture; the ball is in her court
Surely 3 weeks is enough to think to yourself that you don't want to commit right at this stage? I was just thinking that she could possibly(hopefully) reevaluate the situation after the 3 weeks?

Yeah, so you don't ask them to be in a relationship, you just see how things progress. The fact that she's already said casual indicates that that's what she wants, rather than to wait and see. As I said, it's possible but don't pin your hopes on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending